MemphisRams Mock Draft 3.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
MemphisRams 3.0 Mock Draft (w/ trades)

DAY TWO

2.52 - Josh Uche, EDGE / ILB, Michigan 6012, 245

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFebxD-Wl8

I'd take Claypool here, if available. But if not, chances someone like this kid or a RB is going to be the BPA. Uche has good speed and coverage skills. The Rams can play him at ILB on 1st & 2nd down and have him transition to EDGE rusher on obvious passing downs.

*****TRADE*****
Rams trade down with Packers

Snead trades the Rams 2nd rounder (2-57) acquired for Brandon Cooks to the Packers for their 2nd (2-62), 4th (4-136) & and 6th round (6-208) round selections. This allows the Packers to move ahead of their division rival Vikings.

2.62 - Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech 6000, 240 (from Packers)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9QYzOIAMiU

I have NO interest in two down players like Reeder or Kiser in the starting lineup. Both are (or will be) liabilities in coverage and I WANT MORE SPEED on the field. Brooks provides this speed while being a good run defender with the upside to do well in coverage.

3.84 - Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas 5100, 200

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcPs1R4xxCA

Speed. Speed. And more Speed. Here, the Rams replace the speed provided by Brandin Cooks with someone who runs with a RBs mentality after the catch and can actually break tackles.

3-104 - Jonah Jackson, OG, Ohio State 6034, 306

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exq2Vv899Vk

OK Kromer. We've had college tackles and a center playing guard. How about simply going with a quality college guard and let him man one of the spots for the next 10 years. Jackson is excellent in pass protection while also proving to be very good on those combo blocks in the running game. Day one starter.

DAY THREE

4.126 Tyler Biadasz, C/G, Wisconsin 6035, 314

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWTi0P3bc3k&feature=emb_logo

Medical issues and a less than stellar final year in Wisconsin hurt Rams OL David Edwards draft stock last year and it appears the same will happen for Biadasz. Rams reap the benefits hoping he can turn things around.

********TRADE******
Rams trade the 4th round selection (4-136) acquired in earlier trade down from Packers to Jacksonville for RB Leonard Fournette.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGKXO9vWrtc&feature=emb_rel_err

*******TRADE*******
The Rams trade OT Rob Havenstein to the Bengals for their 5th round selelction (5-147).

5.147 - Kenny Robinson Jr., S, XFL Battlehawks 6014, 205 (Bengals)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNakXxNnJ6g

Dismissed from the West Virginia due to academic misconduct, here's a kid that went professional and made a name for himself in the XFL. Robinson could be a steal for the team as he provides the secondary the ballhawk they need.

6.200 - Parnell Motley, CB, Oklahoma 6000, 183

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToVLe35hYFg

A press-man CB, Motley ran a 4.5/40 at the Oklahoma Pro Day and spoke to the Rams. I read somewhere that he may have been the Oklahoma defender last year as he allowed only a 43.4% completion percentage against 53 targets following the opposing team's top WRs after a rocky first few seasons.

7.235 - Charlie Taumoepeau, H-Back/FB, 6022, 240 Portland State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WqNeLGpCkI&feature=emb_logo

Receiving TE who impressed the NFL.COM's Lance Zierlein, "with his attitude and consistency of effort as a run blocker." Perhaps, this kid could be the Rams version of Kyle Juszczyk (49ers) while helping this team improve it's rushing attack.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it, except for Duvernay. Love Uche. Wouldn't be surprised if we deal for Fournette (we do have a tendency of trading for unhappy Jags). I think Biadasz will prove to be a steal, but you're right that he's falling down the board. I don't like Duvernay because I think he has mismatched parts. He's built like a slot WR but lacks the separation quickness for the position. And while he has the long speed to arguably play outside, I just don't see that explosive burst to get easy separation.

TexasRam

Legend
Love it. I do want a late round guard though. But if we get those T and C prospects along with LB talent it will be great!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Fournette would be a mistake. Giving up a round 4 pick for him is too much, maybe for a later round but round 4 still has some really good options not to mention running backs who don't have his talent but do come with team control we so badly need. But don't take it as I'm knocking you on this, there is certainly enough there for even one season to think that IF he beasts out it could work. I just can't get behind it.

Also Brooks is hard to nail down, sometimes he's just kind of there but I will say that adding Uche and Brooks to our combined LB room would be a damn windfall of TALENT which is really what we need. And if they can tap into Brooks' talent (which is quite good) it would completely change the look of our defense. Uche I think is an ideal fit for Staley btw so yeah could see them lookin hard at him, as he'd absolutely murder the underneath drops the Fangio tree loves vs slot guys.

Duvernay isn't very high on my WR list. But you know he might be one of those guys who's better than you think under a guy like McVay who can scheme him open to take shots. And he does have time to develop as a route runner which he'd have to be with the Rams. He's basically a bit too much like Cooks for me, with the small catch radius and poor contested catch ability (just not as sharp on the route tree). He is talented though and it's not a stretch to think the Rams could maximize that.

I could get behind this draft, nice job. (y)

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like it, except for Duvernay. Love Uche. Wouldn't be surprised if we deal for Fournette (we do have a tendency of trading for unhappy Jags). I think Biadasz will prove to be a steal, but you're right that he's falling down the board. I don't like Duvernay because I think he has mismatched parts. He's built like a slot WR but lacks the separation quickness for the position. And while he has the long speed to arguably play outside, I just don't see that explosive burst to get easy separation.

Duvernay isn't perfect, but a kid with good hands that has speed and the ability to break tackles would be great with the current WR group, IMO. Worst case, McVay can scheme him open. A good play action fake can do wonders, too.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Fournette would be a mistake. Giving up a round 4 pick for him is too much, maybe for a later round but round 4 still has some really good options not to mention running backs who don't have his talent but do come with team control we so badly need. But don't take it as I'm knocking you on this, there is certainly enough there for even one season to think that IF he beasts out it could work. I just can't get behind it.

Initially, I had the Rams getting their 2021 4th rounder back. But, I nixed it at the last second. Based upon what I've just heard characterwise I see I shouldn't have done so.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I absolutely love it. I love the combo of Brooks and Uche.

I
You on obviously know how much I love Fournette. I too want is to draft a Guard I wanted Muti won't last where you have us taking the Guard.

Me as well I dont love Duverny but my brother law is the biggest UT fan on the planet he thinks he is good not great but I know little about him. What I do know is his 4.39 at the combine.

If u could have Cushenberry over Biadasz I wish but can't get him that low not sure at 84 either.

I will say the only thing is trading Big Rob for just a 5th I don't want to trade him on a down year. If we are trading him, rather use to package to move up somewhere. I get it he helps with cap.

Best mock of all the millions of mocks I have seen.

Ram65

Legend
Great start to help complete the defensive makeover. It would be good to get Biadaz and Jackson to compete on the offensive line. Fournette is a question mark for me at the cost of $4.167Mil for one-year rental with a $10Mil in year two 5th year option. I do think there could be a run of RBs that could limit the Rams options if they wait. Duvernay has some good qualities to work with. Overall a real solid draft. It's a draft I have envisioned getting the LBer/Edge help and still get help in other areas.