Memphis Rams Mock Offseason 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
FREE AGENCY

SALARY CAP CUTS OR TRADES (PREFERABLY)

JOE NOTEBOOM (Open to keeping with significant pay cut)
BRIAN ALLEN

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT TENDERS
MIKE HOECHT, DE
ALARIC JACKSON, OL
JONAH WILLIAMS, DE

RE-SIGN
KEVIN DOTSON, OG
CARSON WENTZ, QB

INCOMING SIGNINGS
BRYCE HUFF, EDGE, JETS
Jets DE Bryce Huff Deserves WAY MORE Snaps: 2 Minute Film Study (youtube.com)

JOSH JONES, OT, TEXANS (to serve as backup if Noteboom doesn't take significant pay cut)
Josh Jones NFL DRAFT 2020 72nd Pick 3rd Round - YouTube

MOCK DRAFT
In this mock draft, I’m guessing that the Rams 2024 1st rounder winds up in the #24 - #25 range.

1. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa 6010, 207
Iowa CB Cooper DeJean 2023 Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube
The Star Position is back and DeJean fills that spot allowing for Quentin Lake to return to safety full time to replace free agent departee Fuller.

2. Jackson Powers Johnson, C/G, Oregon 6021, 320
Jackson Powers-Johnson Center Highlights - YouTube
This powerful 1st Team All-American and Rimmington Award Winner could bring more power and nasty onto the Rams interior Oline.

3. Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame 6026 207
Cam Hart Notre Dame Highlights (youtube.com)
Snead double dips in the secondary with a big physical CB who is said to just allowed 15 completions on 28 targets for 137 yards this season to date.

5. Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky 5086, 216
Ray Davis Top RB in College Football ᴴᴰ - YouTube
The Rams struck gold with Kyren in the 5th round a couple years back. Perhaps lightning could strike twice giving the team a capable bell cow in case of injury.

5. Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee 6011, 197
Kamal Hadden Tennessee CB Highlights ᴴᴰ (youtube.com)
Snead triple dips for secondary help. Prior to a season ending shoulder surgery, this redshirt senior was perhaps one of the best CBs in the SEC this year with 7 passes defensed and 3 interceptions.

TRADE
Rams trade their 6th rounder obtain from the Broncos along with one of their 6th round comp selections to a team to move up into the bottom of the 5th round.

5. RICKY PEARSALL, WR, FLORIDA 6005, 190 (via above mock trade)
Ricky Pearsall Florida Highlights - YouTube
Snead takes advantage of nabbing another 5th round find in a DEEP WR draft class. Pearsall would provide the team speed with the size that Tutu can’t offer.

6. TRADED (compensatory)

6. Harrison Melvin, K, Missouri (compensatory)

Mizzou Fans Storm the Field After Game-Winning 61-Yard Field Goal (youtube.com)
Hopefully, the Rams will be set at kicker by draft day, but if not “The Thicker Kicker” and his big leg gets to compete for a job.

6. Keith Randolph Jr. DLine, Illinois 6035, 300 (compensatory)
Keith Randolph Jr. officially declares for NFL Draft (youtube.com)
Rams give JerZhan Newton’s tag team partner a shot to make the roster.

6. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota 6071, 270 (compensatory)
Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota Highlights (youtube.com)
With Hopkins gone via free agency and Long’s inability to stay healthy the Rams take a flier on this giant.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Memphis;

First off, thank you for not blowing up the OL, pinning your hopes on unproven players and rookies. There’s absolutely no need to go that far.

It looks like you’re retaining the entire starting OL, possibly moving Shelton to backup—just in case. I like that strategy. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Rams using that idea for a LT this year, but doing it at Center will work too.

Great job with the defense, solving the Edge need pre-draft and going at CB so hard.

Your mock seems more realistic than most I read on here, even with the trades.

I do think the Rams will draft both a WR and a TE too.

Nice work.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
FREE AGENCY

SALARY CAP CUTS OR TRADES (PREFERABLY)

JOE NOTEBOOM (Open to keeping with significant pay cut)
BRIAN ALLEN

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT TENDERS
MIKE HOECHT, DE
ALARIC JACKSON, OL
JONAH WILLIAMS, DE

RE-SIGN
KEVIN DOTSON, OG
CARSON WENTZ, QB

INCOMING SIGNINGS
BRYCE HUFF, EDGE, JETS
Jets DE Bryce Huff Deserves WAY MORE Snaps: 2 Minute Film Study (youtube.com)

JOSH JONES, OT, TEXANS (to serve as backup if Noteboom doesn't take significant pay cut)
Josh Jones NFL DRAFT 2020 72nd Pick 3rd Round - YouTube

MOCK DRAFT
In this mock draft, I’m guessing that the Rams 2024 1st rounder winds up in the #24 - #25 range.

1. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa 6010, 207
Iowa CB Cooper DeJean 2023 Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube
The Star Position is back and DeJean fills that spot allowing for Quentin Lake to return to safety full time to replace free agent departee Fuller.

2. Jackson Powers Johnson, C/G, Oregon 6021, 320
Jackson Powers-Johnson Center Highlights - YouTube
This powerful 1st Team All-American and Rimmington Award Winner could bring more power and nasty onto the Rams interior Oline.

3. Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame 6026 207
Cam Hart Notre Dame Highlights (youtube.com)
Snead double dips in the secondary with a big physical CB who is said to just allowed 15 completions on 28 targets for 137 yards this season to date.

5. Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky 5086, 216
Ray Davis Top RB in College Football ᴴᴰ - YouTube
The Rams struck gold with Kyren in the 5th round a couple years back. Perhaps lightning could strike twice giving the team a capable bell cow in case of injury.

5. Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee 6011, 197
Kamal Hadden Tennessee CB Highlights ᴴᴰ (youtube.com)
Snead triple dips for secondary help. Prior to a season ending shoulder surgery, this redshirt senior was perhaps one of the best CBs in the SEC this year with 7 passes defensed and 3 interceptions.

TRADE
Rams trade their 6th rounder obtain from the Broncos along with one of their 6th round comp selections to a team to move up into the bottom of the 5th round.

5. RICKY PEARSALL, WR, FLORIDA 6005, 190 (via above mock trade)
Ricky Pearsall Florida Highlights - YouTube
Snead takes advantage of nabbing another 5th round find in a DEEP WR draft class. Pearsall would provide the team speed with the size that Tutu can’t offer.

6. TRADED (compensatory)

6. Harrison Melvin, K, Missouri (compensatory)

Mizzou Fans Storm the Field After Game-Winning 61-Yard Field Goal (youtube.com)
Hopefully, the Rams will be set at kicker by draft day, but if not “The Thicker Kicker” and his big leg gets to compete for a job.

6. Keith Randolph Jr. DLine, Illinois 6035, 300 (compensatory)
Keith Randolph Jr. officially declares for NFL Draft (youtube.com)
Rams give JerZhan Newton’s tag team partner a shot to make the roster.

6. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota 6071, 270 (compensatory)
Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota Highlights (youtube.com)
With Hopkins gone via free agency and Long’s inability to stay healthy the Rams take a flier on this giant.
I’d be happy with that offseason. The only pick that I didn’t like was Cam Hart.

I don’t know if Higf does enough to increase the Rams pass rush. I like the signing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I really like the mock draft, DeJean, Powers & Hart would make immediate impacts plus Harrison Mevis is a big kicker and I believe would be an upgrade over what they have now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks solid and improves the team pretty realistically. Just glad we don't massively over pay for Young or Hunter at Edge. Dejean is one of my favorite CB in the draft too.