Memento's We're Freaking Super Bowl Champions 2022 Mock Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, we did it! We really fucking did it! We're Super Bowl champions! Now that the season's done, it's time for the offseason. Ready? Here it goes:

Cut: None.

(I can't think of any. I really can't. I think that Robinson will likely need to be restructured or something because of his contract - or traded - and I get that guys like Rapp and Henderson are likely not starting next year and could have trade value...but I can't really think of many cuts.

Re-sign:

Matthew Stafford
Odell Beckham Jr.
Joseph Noteboom
Sebastian Joseph-Day (one year)
Matt Gay (RFA, multi-year-deal)
Coleman Shelton (RFA)
Troy Reeder (RFA)
Travin Howard (ERFA)
John Wolford (ERFA)

(Stafford will likely have an extension to save us serious cash in the long run, Beckham is part of my plan in this mock. Noteboom takes over for Whitworth. The rest are either restricted or exclusive rights free agents.)

Release:

Von Miller
Darious Williams
Sony Michel
Austin Corbett
Brian Allen
Sebastian Joseph-Day
Johnny Mundt
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Donte Deayon
Buddy Howell

(Miller already said that he's entering free agency, and he's probably out of our price range. D-Will and SJD are bounceback candidates, but I can't see it with us. Michel could end up leaving for a starting gig. Corbett and Allen will likely price out of our cap range. Mundt has lost his job to Blanton and Hopkins. Okoronkwo, Deayon, and Howell are negligible losses.)

Free Agency: None.

(Honestly, I don't see us signing many free agents, if any, since we're up against the cap.)

TRADES:

Van Jefferson to the Detroit Lions for 2022 second round pick.

(Normally, I'd deal Woods or let OBJ go in free agency, but honestly, if we're signing OBJ for, say, a short-term deal, we're probably dealing Van because of Harris and Atwell maybe stepping up. Look, I don't have much faith in Atwell, but we drafted him in the second round and Harris - who will likely be a wide receiver - in the fourth, as well as Skowronek in the seventh. Either way, a wideout is expendable with this group.)

Darrell Henderson to the Houston Texans for 2022 sixth round pick (New York Jets).

(Henderson, despite being injured a lot, has probably upped his stock with this Super Bowl performance through the passing game. Houston is desperate for running back help; they have Scottie Phillips and Rex Burkhead left, while David Johnson and Royce Freeman shouldn't move the needle either And while I like Henderson, I won't hesitate to move him for a good pick; he's lost his job to Akers, and I guarantee we draft another running back or two this year anyway because of the injury issues all four of ours have - and because I don't see Michel re-upping with us when he can get a huge contract elsewhere.)

Taylor Rapp to the Dallas Cowboys for 2022 sixth round pick.

(The Cowboys are losing a shit ton of players in free agency this year, and while they'll probably go hard in free agency, I can't see them satisfied with their safeties. Rapp is cheap, has draft pedigree, and should be a solid player for them. In return, we get a nice pick for a player who won't - and shouldn't - start for us.)

Detroit Lions 2022 second round pick to the New York Jets for 2022 second round pick (Panthers) and 2022 fourth round pick (Seahags).

(The Jets jump up to get a falling inside linebacker, while we snag an extra fourth.)

New York Jets (Panthers) second round pick to Miami Dolphins for 2022 second round pick and 2022 third round pick (69ers).

(Miami uses their picks to jump up for a falling running back. We move back for more picks.)

2022 second round pick (Dolphins) to the New York Giants for 2022 third round pick (Giants) and 2022 third round pick (Dolphins).

(Yeah, I'm trading out of the second round. Crazy? Well, we'll see about that.)

2022 sixth round pick (Cowboys), 2022 sixth round pick (Jets), and 2022 seventh round pick (Rams) to the New Orleans Saints for 2022 fifth round pick.

(Saints get more late round picks to help offset their likely cap crunch, while we move up.)

And now, without further ado, here's our mock draft!

DRAFT:

3rd round (Giants) - Cade Otton, TE, Washington. (6'5", 250 lbs.)

(Otton is someone I fell in love with. Him or Jalen Wydermyer are the tight ends I'm interested in. Otton is a fantastic blocker for a starting college tight end, and he's quite capable as a receiver. He's versatile as all get out, able to flex out wide, go inline, or in the backfield. I think McVay could do a lot of things with Otton.)

3rd round (Dolphins) - Darian Kinnard, OG, Kentucky. (6'5", 345 lbs.)

(Kinnard reminds me a lot of a another big Kentucky lineman: Larry Warford. He is a mauler in the run game; simply put, if he gets his hands on you, it's over. But he's also surprisingly nimble for a man his size, a good pass-protector. His issue is that he'll be stuck at guard in the NFL; he doesn't have the feet to play tackle. Weight is also a concern. But he's a good prospect who will fall here because of his limitations.)

3rd round (69ers) - Boye Mafe, OLB, Minnesota. (6'4", 265 lbs.)

(Mafe is seriously skilled. He's raw and needs to improve his technique, but has an Energizer bunny motor, and plenty of tools to work with. Honestly, I think he could take snaps at inside linebacker because his athleticism is that good.)

3rd round (Brad Holmes comp.) - Tyler Badie, RB, Missouri. (5'8", 194 lbs.)

(Badie is the player I want the most, but if he blows up the Combine like I expect him to, he won't be here. Badie is an explosive player, rarely puts the ball on the ground, has surprising strength, and is the best receiving back in this class. Maybe you'd compare him to Henderson - and yes, he'd be taking Henderson's place - but Badie honestly reminds me of Jamaal Charles. He could have the exact same impact.)

4th round (Seahags) - Jalen Pitre, SS, Baylor. (6'0", 197 lbs.)

(Pitre may not even be here; he really blew up the Senior Bowl. I'm assuming he's here because I want to talk about him. He simply is one of the better box safeties in the draft. He may not have the size, but he has incredible sideline-to-sideline range, is a solid tackler, is versatile enough to cover the slot and go big nickel, and has solid coverage skills.)

4th round (John Johnson comp.) - Cole Strange, OC/OG, Chattanooga. (6'6", 301 lbs.)

(Strange has played left guard for most of his career at Chattanooga, but I like him more at center. He's a people mover in the run game with the nasty temperament you love to see in an offensive lineman. He's an older prospect, which hurts his draft stock, but he's smart, has solid pass-protection ability, and I think he could be a solid developmental center behind Shelton.)

5th round (Saints) - Isaiah Pola-Mao, FS, South California. (6'4", 205 lbs.)

(Don't let Pola-Mao's size fool you; he's an incredibly fluid and rangy free safety, and solid tackler, although he may need to put on more weight. Like Pitre, he's quite versatile, able to cover slot receivers, although, honestly, I'd prefer him as the single high safety.)

5th round (Rams) - Zaquandre White, RB, South Carolina. (6'1", 215 lbs.)

(White is the bigger back we need on this team. He runs hard, and is extremely physical, but he has a second gear in the open field and is very explosive. He's not very elusive, but he's not there to be elusive. He's there to be a physical, punishing running back.)

6th round (Samson Ebukam comp.) - Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State. (6'2", 197 lbs.)

(Williams comes from a D-III school, and while he's sushi-raw, he has so much potential that I'm willing to wait on it. He's big, fast, has incredible ball skills, and decent coverage, and he's versatile enough to line up in the slot and outside. He simply needs to learn the finer points of being a defensive back.)

6th round (Gerald Everett comp.) - Decobie Durant, CB, South Carolina State. (5'10", 175 lbs.)

(Durant is another small school corner, but one with excellent technique for a small school corner. He lacks size and will likely be forced into the slot, but he's a willing tackler, has tremendous instincts, and is a fantastic ballhawk of a corner.)

6th round (Troy Hill comp.) - Tayland Humphrey, DL, Louisiana. (6'5", 349 lbs.)

(You would not believe how athletic this kid is. For such a big man, he's quite explosive, has a surprising motor, and is country strong. May not be here if he can show out at the Combine.)

7th round (Dolphins) - Ali Fayad, OLB, Western Michigan. (6'2", 250 lbs.)

(Fayad has the raw statistics, and I could see someone like him being taken in the seventh like Garrett was. He has poor length, so you're never really going to see him win with his hands. But he's got a quick first step, and if you speed rushed him, you probably could get a lot of mileage out of him.)

Roster (starters, bold; rookies, italics):

QB - Matthew Stafford, Bryce Perkins.

RB - Cam Akers, Jake Funk, Tyler Badie, Zaquandre White.

TE - Tyler Higbee, Cade Otton, Brycen Hopkins, Kendall Blanton.

WR - Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Odell Beckham Jr., Chatarius Atwell, Jacob Harris, Ben Skowronek, Brandon Powell.

OL - Joseph Noteboom, David Edwards, Coleman Shelton, Darian Kinnard, Rob Havenstein, Alaric Jackson, Bobby Evans, Cole Strange.

DL - Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Bobby Brown III, Earnest Brown IV, Tayland Humphrey.

LB - Leonard Floyd, Ernest Jones, Travin Howard, Justin Hollins, Troy Reeder, Christian Rozeboom, Terrell Lewis, Chris Garrett, Boye Mafe, Ali Fayad.

DB - Jalen Ramsey, Robert Rochell, Jordan Fuller, Nick Scott, David Long, Joshua Williams, Decobie Durant, Terrell Burgess, Jalen Pitre, Isaiah Pola-Mao.

ST - Matt Gay, Johnny Hekker, Matthew Orzech.

Thoughts? Critiques? Concerns about my sanity? Feel free to put them here.

Tano

Legend
Not sure that we would get Detroit's second round pick for Jefferson

Maybe we would get third or even fourth

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Not a chance Jefferson could get us a 2'nd rounder in trade, maybe a 4'th at best. Very much doubt the Rams have given up on him, even if the 2'nd year WR had a few less than stellar games. With OBj on IR, and Jefferson very knowledgeable of our system, his value for sticking remains high. He is also very inexpensive, and that's what a team up against the CAP wall needs.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Memento, I love reading your mock drafts. You put a ton of effort into them and it's clearly a labor of love.

I will ask though, if you're going for a punishing physical running back, why go for someone who weighs 215? Are there no 225-240 pound RBs out there? Honestly, seriously oversized running backs are a weird preference of mine so maybe the people just don't exist. I know nothing of college football.

Anyway, I love what you've done. Thank you for the hard work.

Braindead

UDFA
You re-signed and released Sebastian Joseph-Day. ;)
I know absolutely nothing about college football. So I can't say much about the players in your draft. I would maybe prioritize CB higher than RB but understand your approach if Michel and Handerson were to leave the team.
Great post. I really enjoyed it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, we did it! We really fucking did it! We're Super Bowl champions! Now that the season's done, it's time for the offseason. Ready? Here it goes:

(I can't think of any. I really can't. I think that Robinson will likely need to be restructured or something because of his contract - or traded - and I get that guys like Rapp and Henderson are likely not starting next year and could have trade value...but I can't really think of many cuts.

Re-sign:

Matthew Stafford
Odell Beckham Jr.
Joseph Noteboom
Coleman Shelton (RFA)
Troy Reeder (RFA)
Travin Howard (ERFA)
John Wolford (ERFA)

(Stafford will likely have an extension to save us serious cash in the long run, Beckham is part of my plan in this mock. Noteboom takes over for Whitworth. The rest are either restricted or exclusive rights free agents.)

Release:

Von Miller
Darious Williams
Sony Michel
Austin Corbett
Brian Allen
Sebastian Joseph-Day
Johnny Mundt
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Donte Deayon
Buddy Howell

(Miller already said that he's entering free agency, and he's probably out of our price range. D-Will and SJD are bounceback candidates, but I can't see it with us. Michel could end up leaving for a starting gig. Corbett and Allen will likely price out of our cap range. Mundt has lost his job to Blanton and Hopkins. Okoronkwo, Deayon, and Howell are negligible losses.)

(Honestly, I don't see us signing many free agents, if any, since we're up against the cap.)

TRADES:

(Normally, I'd deal Woods or let OBJ go in free agency, but honestly, if we're signing OBJ for, say, a short-term deal, we're probably dealing Van because of Harris and Atwell maybe stepping up. Look, I don't have much faith in Atwell, but we drafted him in the second round and Harris - who will likely be a wide receiver - in the fourth, as well as Skowronek in the seventh. Either way, a wideout is expendable with this group.)

Darrell Henderson to the Houston Texans for 2022 sixth round pick (New York Jets).

(Henderson, despite being injured a lot, has probably upped his stock with this Super Bowl performance through the passing game. Houston is desperate for running back help; they have Scottie Phillips and Rex Burkhead left, while David Johnson and Royce Freeman shouldn't move the needle either And while I like Henderson, I won't hesitate to move him for a good pick; he's lost his job to Akers, and I guarantee we draft another running back or two this year anyway because of the injury issues all four of ours have - and because I don't see Michel re-upping with us when he can get a huge contract elsewhere.)

(The Cowboys are losing a shit ton of players in free agency this year, and while they'll probably go hard in free agency, I can't see them satisfied with their safeties. Rapp is cheap, has draft pedigree, and should be a solid player for them. In return, we get a nice pick for a player who won't - and shouldn't - start for us.)

Detroit Lions 2022 second round pick to the New York Jets for 2022 second round pick (Panthers) and 2022 fourth round pick (Seahags).

(The Jets jump up to get a falling inside linebacker, while we snag an extra fourth.)

New York Jets (Panthers) second round pick to Miami Dolphins for 2022 second round pick and 2022 third round pick (69ers).

(Miami uses their picks to jump up for a falling running back. We move back for more picks.)

2022 second round pick (Dolphins) to the New York Giants for 2022 third round pick (Giants) and 2022 third round pick (Dolphins).

2022 sixth round pick (Cowboys), 2022 sixth round pick (Jets), and 2022 seventh round pick (Rams) to the New Orleans Saints for 2022 fifth round pick.

(Saints get more late round picks to help offset their likely cap crunch, while we move up.)

DRAFT:

(Otton is someone I fell in love with. Him or Jalen Wydermyer are the tight ends I'm interested in. Otton is a fantastic blocker for a starting college tight end, and he's quite capable as a receiver. He's versatile as all get out, able to flex out wide, go inline, or in the backfield. I think McVay could do a lot of things with Otton.)

(Kinnard reminds me a lot of a another big Kentucky lineman: Larry Warford. He is a mauler in the run game; simply put, if he gets his hands on you, it's over. But he's also surprisingly nimble for a man his size, a good pass-protector. His issue is that he'll be stuck at guard in the NFL; he doesn't have the feet to play tackle. Weight is also a concern. But he's a good prospect who will fall here because of his limitations.)

(Mafe is seriously skilled. He's raw and needs to improve his technique, but has an Energizer bunny motor, and plenty of tools to work with. Honestly, I think he could take snaps at inside linebacker because his athleticism is that good.)

(Badie is the player I want the most, but if he blows up the Combine like I expect him to, he won't be here. Badie is an explosive player, rarely puts the ball on the ground, has surprising strength, and is the best receiving back in this class. Maybe you'd compare him to Henderson - and yes, he'd be taking Henderson's place - but Badie honestly reminds me of Jamaal Charles. He could have the exact same impact.)

(Pitre may not even be here; he really blew up the Senior Bowl. I'm assuming he's here because I want to talk about him. He simply is one of the better box safeties in the draft. He may not have the size, but he has incredible sideline-to-sideline range, is a solid tackler, is versatile enough to cover the slot and go big nickel, and has solid coverage skills.)

4th round (John Johnson comp.) - Cole Strange, OC/OG, Chattanooga. (6'6", 301 lbs.)

(Strange has played left guard for most of his career at Chattanooga, but I like him more at center. He's a people mover in the run game with the nasty temperament you love to see in an offensive lineman. He's an older prospect, which hurts his draft stock, but he's smart, has solid pass-protection ability, and I think he could be a solid developmental center behind Shelton.)

(Don't let Pola-Mao's size fool you; he's an incredibly fluid and rangy free safety, and solid tackler, although he may need to put on more weight. Like Pitre, he's quite versatile, able to cover slot receivers, although, honestly, I'd prefer him as the single high safety.)

(White is the bigger back we need on this team. He runs hard, and is extremely physical, but he has a second gear in the open field and is very explosive. He's not very elusive, but he's not there to be elusive. He's there to be a physical, punishing running back.)

6th round (Samson Ebukam comp.) - Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State. (6'2", 197 lbs.)

(Williams comes from a D-III school, and while he's sushi-raw, he has so much potential that I'm willing to wait on it. He's big, fast, has incredible ball skills, and decent coverage, and he's versatile enough to line up in the slot and outside. He simply needs to learn the finer points of being a defensive back.)

6th round (Gerald Everett comp.) - Decobie Durant, CB, South Carolina State. (5'10", 175 lbs.)

(Durant is another small school corner, but one with excellent technique for a small school corner. He lacks size and will likely be forced into the slot, but he's a willing tackler, has tremendous instincts, and is a fantastic ballhawk of a corner.)

(You would not believe how athletic this kid is. For such a big man, he's quite explosive, has a surprising motor, and is country strong. May not be here if he can show out at the Combine.)

(Fayad has the raw statistics, and I could see someone like him being taken in the seventh like Garrett was. He has poor length, so you're never really going to see him win with his hands. But he's got a quick first step, and if you speed rushed him, you probably could get a lot of mileage out of him.)

WR - Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Odell Beckham Jr., Chatarius Atwell, Jacob Harris, Ben Skowronek, Brandon Powell.

OL - Joseph Noteboom, David Edwards, Coleman Shelton, Darian Kinnard, Rob Havenstein, Alaric Jackson, Bobby Evans, Cole Strange.

DL - Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Bobby Brown III, Earnest Brown IV, Tayland Humphrey.

LB - Leonard Floyd, Ernest Jones, Travin Howard, Justin Hollins, Troy Reeder, Christian Rozeboom, Terrell Lewis, Chris Garrett, Boye Mafe, Ali Fayad.

DB - Jalen Ramsey, Robert Rochell, Jordan Fuller, Nick Scott, David Long, Joshua Williams, Decobie Durant, Terrell Burgess, Jalen Pitre, Isaiah Pola-Mao.

I haven’t dug deep into college players but I love the positions being filled. I rate TE as a need. Higbee is good but other teams have better. I’d love an upgrade at TE. Two RBs, Two corners, a safety, run blocking guard…Just what I
think needs addressed.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, a lot to digest there, but tremendous effort. Great work, will get back to you with a substantive reply.

Can't wait!

True, maybe we wouldn't get a second for Van. Maybe a third?

Not a chance Jefferson could get us a 2'nd rounder in trade, maybe a 4'th at best. Very much doubt the Rams have given up on him, even if the 2'nd year WR had a few less than stellar games. With OBj on IR, and Jefferson very knowledgeable of our system, his value for sticking remains high. He is also very inexpensive, and that's what a team up against the CAP wall needs.

There's also Harris and Atwell to consider when it comes to wideouts. Not to mention Skowronek and some of the practice squad receivers like Koski. We'll have depth to replace Van.

Don't see how we get a 2nd from any team for Jefferson.

True, I was probably being overly optimistic. Maybe a third from Detroit? I think a third could still get Otton or Wydermyer.

Memento, I love reading your mock drafts. You put a ton of effort into them and it's clearly a labor of love.

I will ask though, if you're going for a punishing physical running back, why go for someone who weighs 215? Are there no 225-240 pound RBs out there? Honestly, seriously oversized running backs are a weird preference of mine so maybe the people just don't exist. I know nothing of college football.

Anyway, I love what you've done. Thank you for the hard work.

There are running backs that weigh more in this class, but some of them aren't physically overpowering runners or not good in the passing game like White is. Let's not forget that Sony Michel is around 214 lbs., and nobody can say he isn't a punishing runner.

You re-signed and released Sebastian Joseph-Day. ;)
I know absolutely nothing about college football. So I can't say much about the players in your draft. I would maybe prioritize CB higher than RB but understand your approach if Michel and Handerson were to leave the team.
Great post. I really enjoyed it.

Whoops, I had waffled on that point. I guess you release SJD if you can't get a contract with him. And this class has tons of depth at cornerback. It's a very strong class with a lot of talented corners. And I love Joshua Williams; if he's given time to learn, he could be a starter for us.

I haven’t dug deep into college players but I love the positions being filled. I rate TE as a need. Higbee is good but other teams have better. I’d love an upgrade at TE. Two RBs, Two corners, a safety, run blocking guard…Just what I
think needs addressed.

Higbee, I feel, is a top ten tight end, when you compare blocking with receiving, but yes, with his injury issues, we'll need to get a top-flight tight end.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Re-sign:

Matthew Stafford
Odell Beckham Jr.
Joseph Noteboom
Coleman Shelton (RFA)
Troy Reeder (RFA)
Travin Howard (ERFA)
John Wolford (ERFA)

Release:

Von Miller
Darious Williams
Sony Michel
Austin Corbett
Brian Allen
Sebastian Joseph-Day
Johnny Mundt
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Donte Deayon
Buddy Howell

TRADES:

DRAFT:

Your not getting the Lions 2nd rd pick for Jefferson. That's like the 2nd pick in the rd. Even if they had a late one, maybe they do, you are not getting that either.

At best you get our 3rd back from them, the Stafford 3rd.

Plus you are keeping Day, then cutting him? You list him twice, once for a re-sign, then a release?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's interesting. I won't harp on the trades. I don't see us getting a 2nd for Van, though. You have a lot of really good players. It's early in the process, so it's hard to say who will go where. I'll just note that I've seen Mafe, Kinnard, and Pitre all get talked about as second round picks. Mafe could rise to the first after his strong performance at the Senior Bowl.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Admittedly, I had been considering Cole Strange myself for awhile, but my preferences lean towards keeping Allen and maintaining Shelton as our #2 Center, ... as for OG's, I want more of a road grader type to upgrade our run game.
When it comes to some of your top draft picks, like jrry, I feel they'll all mostly be history before they get to our draft slots.
I'm no longer seeking a drafted TE, we already basically have 2 developmental guys in the late blooming Hopkins and Blanton, so I'll spend on a free agent and bring in someone who can help now, not another year or two down the line.
jmo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You always lose me with the trades, but I appreciate the work as always. Like the draft picks.
Also, SJD will certainly get more than a 1 year deal. Young, space eating DT, should get a 4-5 year deal.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your not getting the Lions 2nd rd pick for Jefferson. That's like the 2nd pick in the rd. Even if they had a late one, maybe they do, you are not getting that either.

At best you get our 3rd back from them, the Stafford 3rd.

Plus you are keeping Day, then cutting him? You list him twice, once for a re-sign, then a release?

Made a mistake and waffled on SJD. And I understand that Jefferson isn't getting a second. I still think that the Lions' third (we already traded our third last year) is in play.

It's interesting. I won't harp on the trades. I don't see us getting a 2nd for Van, though. You have a lot of really good players. It's early in the process, so it's hard to say who will go where. I'll just note that I've seen Mafe, Kinnard, and Pitre all get talked about as second round picks. Mafe could rise to the first after his strong performance at the Senior Bowl.

Mafe is definitely a riser. He's really fucking athletic and can play inside as well, like what Josh Uche was a few years ago in his draft process. That's admittedly why I wanted Mafe.

Pitre is my favorite safety in this process. I figured he wouldn't be in the fourth, but I seriously wanted to talk about him.

What are your thoughts about Badie? I know I'm hyped for the kid, but I wanted to hear your thoughts because I have huge respect for them, my friend.

Admittedly, I had been considering Cole Strange myself for awhile, but my preferences lean towards keeping Allen and maintaining Shelton as our #2 Center, ... as for OG's, I want more of a road grader type to upgrade our run game.
When it comes to some of your top draft picks, like jrry, I feel they'll all mostly be history before they get to our draft slots.
I'm no longer seeking a drafted TE, we already basically have 2 developmental guys in the late blooming Hopkins and Blanton, so I'll spend on a free agent and bring in someone who can help now, not another year or two down the line.
jmo.

I'd rather keep Noteboom, Von, and OBJ. I figure that Allen and Corbett will have huge contracts elsewhere; Allen's getting a huge deal because he was a Pro-Bowl alternate, and he's still young.

I'd rather take a highly rated tight end in this class than rely on Njoku or Blanton/Hopkins. This is a crazy good class for tight ends, and I'd kill to get an Otton or a Wydermyer on this team. Can you imagine them learning from Higbee? And speaking of Higbee, I love the guy, but he undeniably has injury concerns. Kudos to him for pushing through the pain, but injuries are injuries. We could eventually see Higbee dealt to another team with his contract.

You always lose me with the trades, but I appreciate the work as always. Like the draft picks.
Also, SJD will certainly get more than a 1 year deal. Young, space eating DT, should get a 4-5 year deal.

Thanks, Dieter. True, SJD could get a long-term deal, but given that he was hurt for most of the year, I think teams will want him to prove it. Still, it only takes one team.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd rather keep Noteboom, Von, and OBJ. I figure that Allen and Corbett will have huge contracts elsewhere; Allen's getting a huge deal because he was a Pro-Bowl alternate, and he's still young.

I'd rather take a highly rated tight end in this class than rely on Njoku or Blanton/Hopkins. This is a crazy good class for tight ends, and I'd kill to get an Otton or a Wydermyer on this team. Can you imagine them learning from Higbee? And speaking of Higbee, I love the guy, but he undeniably has injury concerns. Kudos to him for pushing through the pain, but injuries are injuries. We could eventually see Higbee dealt to another team with his contract.

I suppose it's possible that Allen is offered a huge contract somewhere, but of our 3 OLinemen entering free agency, I believe Noteboom & Corbett receive the higher offerings while Allen carries the weight of so many missed snaps & games due to injuries or just being dinged up.
There is no doubt that this is a strong TE class, I myself was hoping for Gregg Dulcich prior to the Senior Bowl, but his performance pushed his stock into an area that I reserve for more immediate starting assignments than another developmental player being added. I see one of two things happening following the 2022 season, Higbee will either enter his 'contract' year in 2023, or the Rams may trade him for a really decent draft pick while also saving some considerable CAP dollars. As limited as Hopkins & Blanton's playing time has been, many Rams fans are already proclaiming them as TE2 material, and while that potential may one day arrive, I'm more inclined to let their development continue competing at TE3/4. Otton appears to be a pretty good TE prospect, but as TE2 in 2022 I have my doubts he'll be quite that ready. If the Rams are going to be competing for a Super Bowl in 2022, I want McVay to have the personnel that are prepared to go on day 1, and with Obj likely on our IR, and Woods' uncertain ability to take off where he left off due to the ACL, at least during the earlier part of the new season, McVay may want to make better use of a favored tactic, ... 12 personnel. Higbee/Njoku gives our HC and our TE unit an immediate boost, as well as prepares us for whatever might happen in 2023 with Higbee. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mafe is definitely a riser. He's really fucking athletic and can play inside as well, like what Josh Uche was a few years ago in his draft process. That's admittedly why I wanted Mafe.

Pitre is my favorite safety in this process. I figured he wouldn't be in the fourth, but I seriously wanted to talk about him.

What are your thoughts about Badie? I know I'm hyped for the kid, but I wanted to hear your thoughts because I have huge respect for them, my friend.
Pitre is a football-seeking missile. I love the dude. Think he goes in the top 50 picks. I haven't evaluated Badie yet.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Always enjoy reading these, well done.
Since we do these for entertainment and to start conversation! The one thing I would not do is trade Hendo for a 6 and use a 4 on an RB especially with SM released.
Cap hit is only appx 1.3

Oh, and Mem, we effin world champs! Hell yes!