Memento's Way Too Early 2019 Mock Draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I know, I know. Way too early to think about it, right? My personal opinion is that it's never too early to look to the future. So, that's what I'm going to do!

1 - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU.

3 - Noah Fant, TE, Iowa.

3 (compensatory pick for Watkins) - Lukas Denis, FS, Boston College.

3 (compensatory pick for Tru) - Olive Sagapolu, NT, Wisconsin.

4 - Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan.

5 - Hjalte Froholdt, OG, Arkansas.

6 - Daniel Cooney, OT, University of San Diego.

Thoughts, comments, and critiques are more than welcome!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The only thing I know, is that if this is our draft, then our Oline must be in good shape.
Considering that Saffold, Brown and Hav may or may not be here in '19

Name
Hannibal Ram
I know nothing about these players but I will say what a great first name for a cornerback and how sweet it is to see a 1st round pick!!!

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Noah Fant is gonna be a stud. Should be the best TE in the draft. Wouldnt be surprised if hes a 1st rounder depending upon his season.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ya, good start. But need more OL. Keep them coming! (y)

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only thing I know, is that if this is our draft, then our Oline must be in good shape.
Considering that Saffold, Brown and Hav may or may not be here in '19

Yeah, turns out that you're right; we are most definitely going to need offensive linemen in next year's draft, even with Havenstein re-signing.

I know nothing about these players but I will say what a great first name for a cornerback and how sweet it is to see a 1st round pick!!!

Yeah, the name alone makes me want to draft him.

Noah Fant is gonna be a stud. Should be the best TE in the draft. Wouldnt be surprised if hes a 1st rounder depending upon his season.

Definitely think that he could be a first rounder if he continues to improve.

Love the motor on Chase Winovich. And what a name for a football player!

Winovich is probably not going to be at the spot I pegged him at; he had a hell of a game against Notre Dame.

Thanks! Keep an eye out for the next one!

Greedy is going top 10

I know that Champ is banned, but I still want to reply to this. I don't think that Greedy is going top ten. There's so many talented defensive line prospects and newcomers at cornerback that a guy like Greedy could very well be overshadowed.

Ya, good start. But need more OL. Keep them coming! (y)

True that. Especially since Demby's gone to the Lions. My next one will definitely include more OL.

With a name like Greedy, how could he not? Thank @Memento not even thinking college yet, but love it and no trades for you yet either, nice!

Thank you! I know that trades are part of my mocks, but I wanted to do something without trades for once.

Anyway, I wanted to post all of these replies because I'm getting the itch to do another mock draft sooner rather than later. I know that it's unbecoming of a Super Bowl contender to do that, but that's never stopped me before, am I right? I'd have probably done one during the GSOT, lawl. Next post will be the next mock.

Memento

Name
Jemma
All right. Here we go!

1 - Anfernee Jennings, ILB, Alabama.

A replacement for Barron, if he happens to get cut in the offseason. Dominant run stopper, great pass rusher, can play ILB or OLB in a 3-4. Only reason he falls to #32 is because of a knee injury and because he played DE recently, so might be raw in coverage.

3 - Blessuan Austin, CB, Rutgers.

Our newest corner to replace Talib's spot in the cornerback rotation (assuming Talib plays FS replacing Joyner). Decent size, solid ball skills, better in coverage.

3 (compensatory pick for Trumaine Johnson) - Youhanna Ghaifan, DT, Wyoming.

Raw long-term replacement for Suh (assuming Westbrooks plays DT until he's ready). Stout and a hell of a pass rusher. Great fit for Wade's system.

3 (compensatory pick for Sammy Watkins) - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

My prospect crush and a third tight end. Red-zone threat, huge target, good speed. Great compliment to Everett, if he ever turns it up.

4 - O'Shane Ximines, OLB, Old Dominion.

An addition for our OLB corps. Freakish athlete, possible Khalil Mack lite if things go right for him.

5 - Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson.

Another backup for left tackle. Technical skills through the roof and a hell of a pass-protector, but needs to seriously gain weight and strength.

6 - Ului Lapuaho, OG/RT, BYU.

Demby's replacement. Mountain of a man with long arms, but might be a bit too heavy at 355 lbs. and might need to lose weight.

6 (compensatory pick for Derek Carrier) - Ulysses Gilbert III, ILB, Akron.

A backup inside linebacker to replace Hager on special teams and possibly even more. Small, but fast and has insane production.

7 (compensatory pick for Cody Davis) - Clifton Duck, CB, Appalachian State.

A backup cornerback because you can never have too many. Crazy ball skills, but is tiny and thin.

Let me know how I did!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Midway through the season, I think it's time for another mock draft! I'll be including trades, so here it is!

Trades:

#32 overall pick, compensatory seventh round pick (from Cody Davis), and 2020 4th round pick to the New England Cheatriots for #53 overall and #61 overall.

(Cheatriots move up to select an interior defensive lineman who falls to us (Christian Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence, maybe?) or a potential number one receiver/tight end (N'Keal Harry or Noah Fant maybe?) while we move back and get much needed picks.)

Mark Barron to the Cincinnati Bengals for #87 overall.

(With Burfict being an idiot, the Bengals might move on from him. They don't really have any good linebackers aside from him, and Barron would be a fit as a three-down linebacker.)

Position Change:

Aqib Talib - CB < FS

(I know that he's a great corner already, but perhaps a change to safety can benefit him, much like it did with Aeneas WIlliams all those years ago.)

Draft:

2nd round (Cheatriots) - Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State.

(A speed demon - he supposedly runs close to a 4.3 flat - Sheffield should be a solid young cornerback from a university who seemingly pumps them out every year.)

2nd round (Cheatriots) - Oshane Ximines, OLB, Old Dominion.

(Back from the list last time, Ximines has some of the best hand usage in this draft, and he reminds me of a poor man's Khalil Mack with his hand usage and athleticism.)

3rd round (Bengals) - Anfernee Jennings, ILB, Alabama.

(Jennings falls because he hasn't had the best year, but he's still a blue-chip prospect, and should be a solidifying force as a run-stopping blitzer in the middle.)

3rd round - Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin.

(Wisconsin pumps out offensive linemen like wild sows pump out piglets. Benzschawel is no exception, and he should help our offensive line with Rodger Saffold not being guaranteed to stay, even though I really want Saffold to stay.)

3rd round (compensatory for Tru/Watkins) - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

(My favorite prospect. Red-zone target, fast for a tight end, potentially good blocker? Okwuegbunam checks off all the boxes.)

4th round - Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn.

(Underrated small school prospect who could make a giant leap up the rankings. Ballentine is a solid man-to-man cornerback with serious ball skills.)

5th round - Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas.

(Wise may not have the measurables of others but he racks up sacks and tackles-for-a-loss like crazy, and - even though I hate to say this about a Kansas player - I'm a fan.)

6th round - Blessuan Austin, CB, Rutgers.

(Austin freefalls because of an ACL re-tear and a stupid tweet about his coach afterward that makes one question his maturity. But when healthy, he's a potential first round pick, talent-wise.)

6th round (Carrier compensatory pick) - Ului Lapuaho, OG/RT, BYU.

(A big bad dude, Lapuaho is a mauler in the run game with surprising athleticism for a 6'6", 355 lbs. man. His age (like all BYU players) and his injury history make him fall, but I'd be happy to scoop him up with a sixth round pick.)

Let me know how I did, guys!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Barron's cap hit drops like crazy for 2019, as well (down to $2M). So whether it's a trade or a cut, I do think he's gone.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Okay, here's my three-fourths-of-the-season mock draft! But first, let's go over the trade:

Mark Barron to the Cincinnati Bengals for 2019 third round pick.

(With Burfict being an idiot, the Bengals might move on from him. They don't really have any good linebackers aside from him, and Barron would be a fit as a three-down linebacker.)

Now for the draft!

1st round - Dexter Lawrence, NT, Clemson.

(An absolute freak of nature only falls because of low sack numbers and teams seeing him as a two-down lineman only. But the man can stuff the run with the best of them. and he has unbelievable quickness for a 340 lbs. lineman.)

3rd round (Bengals) - Johnathan Abram, SS, Mississippi Sate.

(Doesn't have many splash plays, which lowers his stock, but he's a good safety when it comes to tackling and imposing his will against the offense.)

3rd round - Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan.

(Had an amazing game against Notre Dame, and should be a good replacement for Longacre. Reminds quite a few people of Clay Matthews.)

3rd round (Tru/Watkins compensatory pick) - Te'Von Coney, ILB, Notre Dame.

(Has been the catalyst for Notre Dame's defense and one of the main reasons why they're in the College Football Playoffs.)

4th round - Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt.

(Huge cornerback who reminds me of Brandon Browner in terms of size. Has excellent ball skills for a bigger cornerback.)

5th round - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple.

(Aside from having an awesome name, he has solid ball skills, and put on a clinic against Buffalo. He's another bigger corner who should be good at the next level.)

6th round - Max Scharping, OG, Northern Illinois.

(Offensive guard/right tackle prospect who is flying under the radar as of now.)

6th round (Carrier compensatory pick) - Sean Krepsz, C, Nevada.

(Big center/guard prospect whose injury to his arm allows us to scoop him up here.)

7th round (Cody Davis compensatory pick) - Blessuan Austin, CB, Rutgers.

(Did he re-tear his ACL? Yeah. Did he send an immature tweet aimed at his coach? Yeah. But he's got first round talent, and - given a redshirt year - should be a solid nickel cornerback, which is more than you normally get for a seventh round pick.)

Let me know how I did!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Okay, here's my three-fourths-of-the-season mock draft! But first, let's go over the trade:

Mark Barron to the Cincinnati Bengals for 2019 third round pick.

Now for the draft!

1st round - Dexter Lawrence, NT, Clemson.

(An absolute freak of nature only falls because of low sack numbers and teams seeing him as a two-down lineman only. But the man can stuff the run with the best of them. and he has unbelievable quickness for a 340 lbs. lineman.)

3rd round (Bengals) - Johnathan Abram, SS, Mississippi Sate.

(Doesn't have many splash plays, which lowers his stock, but he's a good safety when it comes to tackling and imposing his will against the offense.)

3rd round - Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan.

(Had an amazing game against Notre Dame, and should be a good replacement for Longacre. Reminds quite a few people of Clay Matthews.)

3rd round (Tru/Watkins compensatory pick) - Te'Von Coney, ILB, Notre Dame.

(Has been the catalyst for Notre Dame's defense and one of the main reasons why they're in the College Football Playoffs.)

4th round - Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt.

(Huge cornerback who reminds me of Brandon Browner in terms of size. Has excellent ball skills for a bigger cornerback.)

5th round - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple.

(Aside from having an awesome name, he has solid ball skills, and put on a clinic against Buffalo. He's another bigger corner who should be good at the next level.)

6th round - Max Scharping, OG, Northern Illinois.

(Offensive guard/right tackle prospect who is flying under the radar as of now.)

6th round (Carrier compensatory pick) - Sean Krepsz, C, Nevada.

(Big center/guard prospect whose injury to his arm allows us to scoop him up here.)

7th round (Cody Davis compensatory pick) - Blessuan Austin, CB, Rutgers.

(Did he re-tear his ACL? Yeah. Did he send an immature tweet aimed at his coach? Yeah. But he's got first round talent, and - given a redshirt year - should be a solid nickel cornerback, which is more than you normally get for a seventh round pick.)

Let me know how I did!
We will have only 2 or possibly 0 picks in the third round. Jaguars get one, Watkins' may get reduced to a 4th because he's missing time, and Johnson's is likely to get reduced to a 4th because he missed a bunch of time.

Otherwise, seems awesome. I don't know college football, but if they are who you say they are, sounds like a winner. I worry about our offensive line still (LT and C, old guys look like they might be wearing out to me) but you tried to address the guard spots, which is good.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will have only 2 or possibly 0 picks in the third round. Jaguars get one, Watkins' may get reduced to a 4th because he's missing time, and Johnson's is likely to get reduced to a 4th because he missed a bunch of time.

Otherwise, seems awesome. I don't know college football, but if they are who you say they are, sounds like a winner. I worry about our offensive line still (LT and C, old guys look like they might be wearing out to me) but you tried to address the guard spots, which is good.
Memento has us trading Barron for the other 3rd round pick.