Memento's Post Super Bowl Mock.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Okay, I know that I'm going to steal an idea from @jrry32 (the Quinn trade), but otherwise? No trades. Here goes things:

Cut:

Mark Barron
Tavon Austin.

(No explanation necessary for Austin. Barron costs too much to trade or retain, even though I want to keep him.)

Re-sign:

Aaron Donald - six years
Lamarcus Joyner - five years
Nickell Robey-Coleman - five years
Sammy Watkins - four years
Jake McQuaide - two years
Cody Davis - one year
Cornelius Lucas - one year
Derek Carrier - one year
Troy Hill - ERFA
Malcolm Brown - ERFA
Matt Longacre - RFA

(This assumes that we can sign Joyner, NRC, Watkins, and Donald. McQuaide is obvious, Lucas provides cheap depth, Carrier can be used as a blocking tight end, Davis is easier to re-sign than replace, and the rest are under team control.)

Free Agent Signings

Weston Richburg - four years
Tahir Whitehead - three years
Kyle Fuller - three years

(Richburg is the guy I want most in free agency, as I'm not so sure about Sullivan's age and injury history. Fuller and Whitehead help the defense (a cornerback and an inside linebacker respectively.)

Trade:

Robert Quinn to the New York Jets for their 2018 second round pick.

(For the same reasons as Jerry, although I don't have any qualms about trading him, unfortunately. It just makes too much sense to trade him, in my opinion.)

Draft:

1st - Da'Ron Payne, NT, Alabama.

2nd (Jets) - Hercules Mata'afa, OLB, Washington State.

3rd - Shaquem Griffin, ILB, UCF.

4th - J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland.

5th - Holton Hill, CB, Texas.

6th - Martez Carter, RB, Grambling State.

6th - Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State.

6th - Olasunkamni Adeniyi, OLB, Toledo.

(I honestly think that Mata'afa is more of a second round pick at this moment (the Combine could change things), but he'll be a good one. Payne needs no explanation. Griffin is a baller at inside linebacker. Jackson and Hill both come with off-the-field concerns, but are extremely talented corners. Carter is an explosive change-of-pace back and pass catcher to take Austin's place. Jones gets to provide valuable depth. Adeniyi is an underrated pass rusher.)

QB - Jared Goff, Sean Mannion.
RB - Todd Gurley, Malcolm Brown, Martez Carter, Justin Davis.
TE - Tyler Higbee, Gerald Everett, Temarrick Hemingway, Derek Carrier.
WR - Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas.
OL - Andrew Whitworth, Rodger Saffold, Weston Richburg, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Jamarco Jones, Cornelius Lucas, Austin Blythe, Jake Eldrenkamp.
DL - Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Da'Ron Payne, Ethan Westbrooks, Tanzel Smart, Morgan Fox.
LB - Samson Ebukam, Alec Ogletree, Tahir Whitehead, Hercules Mata'afa Matt Longacre, Ejuan Price, Olasunkamni Adeniyi, Cory Littleton, Shaquem Griffin.
DB - Kyle Fuller, Kayvon Webster, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Lamarcus Joyner, John Johnson III, J.C. Jackson, Holton Hill, Cody Davis, Marqui Christian/Troy Hill/Kevin Peterson/Blake Countess.
K - Greg Zuerlein.
P - Johnny Hekker.
LS - Jake McQuaide.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good mock. The person that came up with the Quinn trade is a big dummy, though. ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think anyone gives a second for Quinn. I like Mata afa more where you have him going in early round 2. Payne would be a good fit.

No thanks to those corners. Stick with the high character guys please.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good mock. The person that came up with the Quinn trade is a big dummy, though. ;)

Absolutely a dummy. :p

I don't think anyone gives a second for Quinn. I like Mata afa more where you have him going in early round 2. Payne would be a good fit.

No thanks to those corners. Stick with the high character guys please.

I like Jackson and Hill because they have first round skillsets. Tru and Janoris also had character issues coming into the 2012 draft.

Quinn had almost ten sacks this year. That's worth a second round pick, in my honest opinion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Absolutely a dummy. :p

I like Jackson and Hill because they have first round skillsets. Tru and Janoris also had character issues coming into the 2012 draft.

Quinn had almost ten sacks this year. That's worth a second round pick, in my honest opinion.

It should be but the last few years good players have brought lower returns unless they are QBs. I am usually surprised at how the NFL values guys out of their rookie contract. They never bring what I feel they should in the off season. Maybe because teams value picks so much, which never made sense to me. I'd take the sure thing. And ask yourself this. Why are so many Rams fans suggesting trading or cutting Quinn if he is so valuable and they need pass rushers? Are there really better options than him in the draft? If he is easy to replace then why won't other teams just draft a cheaper OLB?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
And ask yourself this. Why are so many Rams fans suggesting trading or cutting Quinn if he is so valuable and they need pass rushers? Are there really better options than him in the draft? If he is easy to replace then why won't other teams just draft a cheaper OLB?
Some teams may have more money than draft picks, others may have so many needs that to really impact the team they need veteran help rather than young developmental players, especially for your QB. jmo.