Memento's "I hope 2021 is better than last year" Mock Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, we have our coaches, and I have ideas for this draft. As a note, none of the players I'll select in this draft were in my last mock; this is done for diversity purposes. Ready? Let's do this then:

Cut:

Kenny Young
Justin Lawler
Nick Scott

(I've decided to keep Okoronkwo for this draft's purpose, but the others aren't a surprise, and all of them save cap.)

Re-sign:

Jake McQuaide - two years, five million overall.
Darious Williams - RFA (first round tender).
Johnny Mundt - RFA (original round tender)
Coleman Shelton - ERFA
Travin Howard - ERFA
Raymond Calais - ERFA
JuJu Hughes - ERFA

(McQuaide signs for 2.5 million per year, which is probably not right, but we'll see. Williams is a great cornerback who deserves to be kept on this team, unless, of course, a team decides to give their first round pick to us and poach him - which, as you know me, will probably happen in a mock near you. The rest are RFAs and ERFAs.)

Release:

John Johnson III
Leonard Floyd
Troy Hill
Gerald Everett
Malcolm Brown
Derek Rivers
Josh Reynolds
Samson Ebukam
Austin Blythe
Morgan Fox
Kai Forbath

(I hate to let JJ3 and Floyd leave, but both of them could return a third round compensatory pick each - picks that can be used as ammunition to trade up. Hill has been a solid player, but I could see him going for a number 2 cornerback job. Brown should be replaced by Akers, Henderson, and a draft pick. Ebukam hasn't been effective this year and can be replaced by the combination of Hollins, Okoronkwo, Rivers, and two draft picks. Fox will go for a starting role. Blythe, Everett, and Reynolds can all fuck off. As for Forbath, I'd rather forget he was ever on the team.)

Free Agency:

Alex Smith (one year - eight million.)

(Yeah, I like the Smith idea that Jerry had. Sign me up.)

Trades (this is gonna be interesting):

A'Shawn Robinson to the Tennessee Titans for 2021 fourth round pick.

(Tennessee needs good players on the defensive line; both DaQuan Jones and Jack Crawford are unrestricted free agents. Robinson could easily fit in the middle of that defense, and we could get much needed salary relief and a pick, to boot. And that's not even mentioning the amount of depth we have on our defensive line; even without Robinson, we have Joseph-Day and Gaines in the middle, Donald and Brockers as other starters, and Michael Hoecht and Jonah Williams ready for large roles - hell, even Marquise Copeland and Eric Banks could find potential roles on the D-line. We can afford to lose Robinson and Fox.)

Rob Havenstein and 2022 seventh round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for 2021 fourth round pick and 2021 sixth round pick.

(Cincinnati's offensive line is horrible. Jonah Williams is a good player at left tackle, but their right tackle signing has been an enormous bust. We give Zac Taylor a lineman he knows for a pick. In addition, the Bengals likely lost their chance at Sewell, so this trade is necessary for them.)

Tyler Higbee to the Carolina Panthers for 2021 fourth round pick.

(To me, Higbee is who he is: a decent receiver and a good blocker. His contract is a hold-up, but I think that a team like the Panthers, who desperately need weapons and help for their quarterback, could definitely be interested. And in case, you're worried about us having only Brycen Hopkins, Johnny Mundt and Kendall Blanton at tight end? I say, I have a plan to fix it.)

Cooper Kupp to the Philadelphia Eagles for 2021 second round pick and 2021 fifth round pick (Cowboys).

(This is the trade that'll have a lot of people scratching their heads about, but I think it'll make a whole hell of a lot of sense with the pick. The Eagles have a desperate need for a wide receiver, particularly a safety blanket for Wentz/Hurts. Ertz is getting older, and they have no weapons. It just makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.)

2021 third (Fowler compensatory), 2021 fourth (Bengals), and 2021 seventh to the Detroit Lions for 2021 third and 2021 seventh.

(We give our old friend, Brad Holmes, picks to play with while we move up for a specific player.)

2021 third (Holmes) to the Minnesota Vikngs for 2021 fourth (Chicago) and 2021 fourth (Buffalo).

(Minnesota moves up, we move down. Simple.)

2021 fourth (Cory Littleton comp pick), 2021 sixth (Bengals), and 2022 fourth to the Los Angeles Chargers for 2021 third (Rivers comp pick), 2021 seventh, and 2022 fifth.

(The Chargers get a bevy of picks for their projected comp third, while we move up for a cornerback.)

Draft:

2nd (Eagles) - Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State. (6'5", 250 lbs.)

(Freiermuth's called Baby Gronk for a reason, and it clearly shows. He's a physical do-it-all tight end who has the potential to dominate a game. In my mind, the only reason he's not a first round pick is because of his injury history, but he's flat-out the second best tight end in this class only to Pitts, and if he was healthy, in my opinion, he'd challenge him for that spot.)

2nd - Nico Collins, WR, Michigan. (6'4", 222 lbs.)

(Want size, speed, and a giant catch radius? Look no further than Collins. He sat out because of Covid, and that's the only reason he's here. His speed is for real, and he's got a my-ball mentality that some tall players don't have. Maybe we could even use those slants that we did with Watkins for Collins?)

3rd (Lions) - Pete Werner, ILB, Ohio State. (6'3", 241 lbs.)

(Given that I can't have Bolton in this mock, I'll take the guy who can also be an elite inside linebacker. Werner has it all: sideline-to-sideline speed and coverage that - while it won't look impressive - does the job, tackling, and great run-stuffing ability.)

3rd - Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State. (5'10", 184 lbs.)

(Samuel Jr. is basically a more physical version of his father: insane ball skills, perfect in man coverage, but not the biggest player on the field and uses it as a chip on his shoulder. Sign me up.)

3rd (Chargers comp) - Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee. (6'6", 325 lbs.)

(Smith has a medical history that we'll need to vet before he plays (he's had issues with blood clots). But a healthy Smith is one of the best offensive linemen in this draft period, and he'd be a first round pick if not for the blood clots. He's ridiculously powerful, but he's also solid as a pass-protector. Still, it's the run-blocking that gets him drafted by us - so much so that I've been tempted to mock him to us two years ago when he was a red-shirt sophomore.)

4th (Panthers) - Rondale Moore, WR/PR, Purdue. (5'9", 175 lbs.)

(Moore is one of the most electrifying players in this year's draft, but he's also one of the biggest wildcards. Why? Because of his size and injury history. He missed a few games in his sophomore year and sat out his junior year due to Covid concerns. Still, with his blazing speed, his advanced route-running for a freshman, and his ability to return punts to the house, I'd love to have him.)

4th (Vikings, originally Bears) - Chris Rumph II, OLB/ILB, Duke. (6'3", 225 lbs.)

(Rumph is someone that @jrry32 mentioned, and after looking at his film...I can see why. He flies all over the field, has an astounding array of pass-rushing moves, a motor that doesn't quit, etc. He's literally the perfect edge rusher, but he'll fall because he's underweight. I'd take him with a fourth.)

4th (Vikings, originally Bills) - Walker Little, OT, Stanford. (6'7", 309 lbs.)

(Little could be an elite left tackle, but he has an injury history and sat out because of Covid concerns. He also has technique concerns. But he could be a solid left tackle for a number of years if developed properly.)

5th (Eagles, originally Cowboys) - Ar'Darius Washington, FS, Texas Christian. (5'8", 179 lbs.)

(Washington is small, but he plays like he's 6'2", 220 lbs., much like Lamarcus Joyner did. He's not the same caliber player as Joyner (he's only a red-shirt sophomore), but he's got insane ball skills, great coverage abilities, and will let you know when he hits you.)

6th - Jamar "Boogie" Watson, OLB, Kentucky. (6'3", 250 lbs.)

(Watson is an underrated player for Kentucky. He did struggle mightily against Mekhi Becton, but almost everyone in college football that year did, and he played great against the other competition. He needs to get more weight and strength, but for special teams and the like, he could be great right now and could develop into a starting caliber edge rusher.)

7th (Lions) - Rico Bussey Jr., WR, Hawaii. (6'2", 190 lbs.)

(Bussey reminds me a bit of the New England slot receivers they always seem to get (and maybe a rich man's Greg Salas, if we're doing Hawaii comparisons). He has excellent short area agility and the soft hands needed to make catches. He's quite elusive in the open field, knows how to sit on zone, and he has good route running skills. He's not a great athlete who's going to blow you away, but as a special teams player, he's definitely going to give it his all.)

7th (Chargers) - Jah-Maine Martin, RB, North Carolina A&T. (5'10", 214 lbs.)

(Martin is not a three-down back. Let's make that perfectly clear. He's a decent blocker...but he does not have the hands to be a threat in the passing game, unless we're talking screens and maybe checkdowns - and even those are iffy. But he's a big physical back who dominated at his level, has breakaway speed, and is quite scary with the ball in his hands.

Roster (starters = bold; rookies = italics):

QB - Jared Goff, Alex Smith, John Wolford.
RB - Cam Akers, Darrell Henderson, Jah-Maine Martin, Raymond Calais.
WR - Robert Woods, Van Jefferson, Nico Collins, Rondale Moore, Rico Bussey Jr.
TE - Pat Freiermuth, Brycen Hopkins, Johnny Mundt.
OL - Andrew Whitworth, David Edwards, Austin Corbett, Trey Smith, Joseph Noteboom, Bobby Evans, Chandler Brewer, Tremayne Anchrum, Walker Little.
DL - Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Greg Gaines, Michael Hoecht, Jonah Williams.
LB - Terrell Lewis, Pete Werner, Troy Reeder, Justin Hollins, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Chris Rumph II, Jamar Watson, Micah Kiser, Travin Howard, Christian Rozeboom.
DB - Jalen Ramsey, Darious Williams, Asante Samuel Jr., Jordan Fuller, Taylor Rapp, Terrell Burgess, Ar'Darius Washington, David Long, J.R. Reed, Donte Deayon.
ST - Matt Gay, Johnny Hekker, Jake McQuaide.

Feel free to tear my ass a new one. :p

Last edited:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
This is so bad I don't know where to start so I am not going to address after signing up Alex Smith you lost me. Not to mention you gutted proven players for draft maybes completely foolish thinking. Fuller and Akers only worth much in the 2020 draft. Our OL is no better which needs addressing not the fucking back up QB etc.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like a lot of the players you picked, but the gutting of the team is a deal-breaker for me. There's no way McVay wants that money rookies starting on offense. Also, Rondale Moore in the fourth sounds like a pipe dream to me lol. Without the durability issues, he's a first round pick. With them, I think he goes in the second round, at worst. Can we get a handful of these guys in the next mock without trading so many guys away? LOL. ;)

Also, one final point, I was thinking more like one year $2 million for Alex Smith. $8 million would be a no go for me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the players taken for the most part. You should do about a quarter of the trades you make and most of the trades done be moving up or down for picks. Les makes a lot of trades but he doesn't send players out nearly as often as this. Gotta give an A for effort and always enjoy reading your mocks. I've delayed mine too much but I should get one out soon.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is so bad I don't know where to start so I am not going to address after signing up Alex Smith you lost me. Not to mention you gutted- proven players for draft maybes completely foolish thinking. Fuller and Akers only worth much in the 2020 draft. Our OL is no better which needs addressing not the fucking back up QB etc.

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm not being sarcastic; I honestly mean it.

Alex Smith is a guy I've liked for his personality. For a small bit of money (yes, 8 million was too much, sorry), I think he could help with backing up Goff. Goff's still the guy for the foreseeable future, so why not get a backup who can help him?

As for gutting the roster with proven players, I don't see it as such. Only three rookies are going to start on offense in this scenario - and it could be two if someone like Evans/Brewer/Anchrum beats out Smith. Higbee and Robinson are legit cut candidates this year, so I figure, why not get value from them?

Our offensive line benefits from moving Corbett to center instead of Blythe being a constant weak link. That allows us to draft a great guard who is plug-and-play. I don't want to spend too much resources on a center in free agency because we're currently projected to have three compensatory thirds (Holmes, JJ3, and Floyd). Corbett is younger, cheaper, and arguably better than a lot of the options. But given that our backup quarterback situation was fucked up this year, why not bring in a proven option like Alex Smith?

I like a lot of the players you picked, but the gutting of the team is a deal-breaker for me. There's no way McVay wants that money rookies starting on offense. Also, Rondale Moore in the fourth sounds like a pipe dream to me lol. Without the durability issues, he's a first round pick. With them, I think he goes in the second round, at worst. Can we get a handful of these guys in the next mock without trading so many guys away? LOL. ;)

Also, one final point, I was thinking more like one year $2 million for Alex Smith. $8 million would be a no go for me.

I'm curious as to which players you don't like. Like I mentioned to Malibu, I don't particularly see it as gutting the team. The offensive line - Blythe and Havenstein aside - is back and arguably better. And as for rookies starting, there's only going to be two (only three if Trey Smith impresses), and Freiermuth is going to be an absolute stud.

Rondale Moore and Trey Smith could switch draft spots, true, but I went with Moore in the fourth round because he hasn't played since an injury-plagued sophomore year. He sat out his junior year, and now he doesn't even have a Combine or medical review to check if he's healthy. He's an absolute wildcard, but if we hit on him, we've got another dynamic receiver.

As for Alex Smith, yeeeaaah, I screwed that up, didn't I? I suck when it comes to money matters, haha.

I like the players taken for the most part. You should do about a quarter of the trades you make and most of the trades done be moving up or down for picks. Les makes a lot of trades but he doesn't send players out nearly as often as this. Gotta give an A for effort and always enjoy reading your mocks. I've delayed mine too much but I should get one out soon.

Also curious to know which players you don't like. And yeah, I know my mocks have an absolute fuckton of trades. I'm not writing what McSnead would do, more like what I would do in their position. I can see a crossroads, though; our three receivers are all pretty much in the same mold, and we've signed two of them to long-term deals. I can see us trading one of Kupp or Woods for a high second. Higbee is also looking like a bad contract, and he - along with A'Shawn Robinson - are arguably cut candidates, so I figured, why not get something for them to teams that will need them? And Havenstein/Noteboom are trade candidates as well.

That's how I justify my trades. Can't wait to see your mock and comment on how much better yours is than mine. :D

Thank you guys for the critique.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also curious to know which players you don't like.
For me Trey Smith is a 1st round pick with a huge medical red flag like you brought up. Honestly I think he's long gone before the pick you have us taking him unless the medicals get worse for him in which case I wouldn't want to take him. Instead guys like Deonte Brown or Ben Cleveland could be around then in the 3rd and to my knowledge don't have the medical issues. The rest is mostly stuff that will flesh out in the pre draft process. Guys we thought could be day 3 picks last year went way earlier and guys we though would take a 1st round pick were day 3 or late day 2 picks one case in point is Washington I've seen him mocked in the 2nd round even though he's a midget :D

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I for one support the Kupp trade. I was thinking this very idea just last night. I was only envisioning a 3rd though!
... but your mock is yet another that sends Havs packing. Both he AND Whitworth have seen better days, but they won’t fetch much and we would be losing proven players. Do we have a candidate on the roster who can give us what Havs can? I currently don’t see it and don’t like the idea of rolling the dice on a rookie. My suggestion would be to draft a Tackle you THINK could supplant him or any other OT and let the games begin. If it works, THEN somebody gets cut or traded.

Back to the Kupp trade. I would couple that with re-signing Reynolds. He has shown me more than Jefferson so far, and Reynolds would be cheaper than Kupp. We’d save $$ and gain a pick or two.

Do we really have no other option at LS, that we can’t save some $$ there? Every dime counts.

Like your LB pick. We need a star to come in on a rookie deal. We don’t need more banged up guys with potential.

Finally, I’d also try to re-sign Hill. I know JJ3 will leave for a well deserved pay day, but we should still try to keep as much of our secondary in tact. Hill, DWilliams, and Ramsey are a top notch triumvirate back there.

I’d keep Higbee because we’re losing Everett and I might look into extending SJD. He turned the corner last season—he’s legit.

And to ALL mocksters:
DRAFT A FUCKING CENTER!

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I think it sounds great to rack up picks in the draft by trading down or trading a player or two for picks, but pure analytics tell GMs this is stupid. It is waaaaaaay better to pick up a PROVEN NFL player vs a maybe that after the 1st round is waaaaaay less than 50% of being any good other than maybe serviceable even the 1st round bust rate is 50%.

GMs love to save money by acquiring drafted players and we all get that vs a quality NFL starter. But you pay for a quality starter because you take the guess work out of the decision making process. Clearly if the team is cap strapped then yes the GM is stuck.

But as an example I would pay Linsley and literally solve the Center position for 2-4 years instead of drafting a maybe. Some poster posted an analysis of all the rookie centers who played this season most were 1st or 2nd rd selections and not one did good the sample size was 5 or 6 players.

GMs live a pipe dream of expectations. All you have to do to review the best draft classes ever and best case it is 4 star players out of 7 on average. The realistic great draft is 2 players out of 7. The normal draft is 1 player that is really good. So based on those stats it is less than 15% chance we are landing more than 1 solid to great player is unrealistic.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Feel free to tear my ass a new one. :p

If we're going to blow things up while saving on future CAP, here's my alternative option :

Trade Goff, Brockers, Kupp & Noteboom (all Jags positions of need, by the way) and our 2022 1'st round pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for their 2021 #1 overall draft pick, ... and select Trevor Lawrence. If anyone can do it, Les can.

Memento

Name
Jemma
For me Trey Smith is a 1st round pick with a huge medical red flag like you brought up. Honestly I think he's long gone before the pick you have us taking him unless the medicals get worse for him in which case I wouldn't want to take him. Instead guys like Deonte Brown or Ben Cleveland could be around then in the 3rd and to my knowledge don't have the medical issues. The rest is mostly stuff that will flesh out in the pre draft process. Guys we thought could be day 3 picks last year went way earlier and guys we though would take a 1st round pick were day 3 or late day 2 picks one case in point is Washington I've seen him mocked in the 2nd round even though he's a midget :D

True. I don't want to necessarily draft either Cleveland or Brown because unlike Smith, they won't be able to fit in a system like ours, which requires mobility - mobility that neither of the two possess. Smith played left tackle for Tennessee, and he's extremely mobile for his size. I see why you think he won't be available, though. Washington probably will end up going higher than the fifth round, much like Amik Robertson last year (whom I was pounding the table for in the fifth but ended up going to the Raiders in the second). Washington's a talented kid, even though he's a literal shrimp.

I for one support the Kupp trade. I was thinking this very idea just last night. I was only envisioning a 3rd though!
... but your mock is yet another that sends Havs packing. Both he AND Whitworth have seen better days, but they won’t fetch much and we would be losing proven players. Do we have a candidate on the roster who can give us what Havs can? I currently don’t see it and don’t like the idea of rolling the dice on a rookie. My suggestion would be to draft a Tackle you THINK could supplant him or any other OT and let the games begin. If it works, THEN somebody gets cut or traded.

Back to the Kupp trade. I would couple that with re-signing Reynolds. He has shown me more than Jefferson so far, and Reynolds would be cheaper than Kupp. We’d save $$ and gain a pick or two.

Do we really have no other option at LS, that we can’t save some $$ there? Every dime counts.

Like your LB pick. We need a star to come in on a rookie deal. We don’t need more banged up guys with potential.

Finally, I’d also try to re-sign Hill. I know JJ3 will leave for a well deserved pay day, but we should still try to keep as much of our secondary in tact. Hill, DWilliams, and Ramsey are a top notch triumvirate back there.

I’d keep Higbee because we’re losing Everett and I might look into extending SJD. He turned the corner last season—he’s legit.

And to ALL mocksters:
DRAFT A FUCKING CENTER!

Kupp or Woods are two whom I can see being traded before their contract runs out. I decided to go to the Eagles; they have nothing aside from an aging Ertz, and they obviously want to keep Wentz happy, so I can see them parting with a second.

Havenstein also has a lot of money tied up in him, and honestly, there's a lot of in-house options. If not Evans/Noteboom, there's Chandler Brewer and Tremayne Anchrum. Brewer, I believe, took left tackle snaps in 2019; Anchrum definitely took snaps at tackle in 2020. I'd draft an offensive tackle, sure, but to have them take over for Whitworth when he inevitably retires.

I don't want Reynolds anywhere near this team. His shit effort cost us a few games, and he is what he is: a tall receiver who lacks physicality. I'd rather see what Jefferson provides.

I had McQuaide leaving in my last mock and had the Patrick Mannelly award winner signing here in UDFA.

Werner and Bolton are two linebackers that I really like.

Hill is going to cost a lot of money and will likely go to a team that can pay him a long-term contract.

Higbee is a tricky situation. I know we're likely losing Everett (good riddance), but there's still Hopkins to consider. And then you have Mundt and Blanton as backups. I decided to trade Higbee in the hopes of getting Freiermuth, who will be an elite tight end in this league, when healthy.

SJD is a good player, and I'd like to re-sign him, but we'll see next year.

As for center, I think that, while we could draft a center, it wouldn't hurt to see what Corbett can do at the position.

I think it sounds great to rack up picks in the draft by trading down or trading a player or two for picks, but pure analytics tell GMs this is stupid. It is waaaaaaay better to pick up a PROVEN NFL player vs a maybe that after the 1st round is waaaaaay less than 50% of being any good other than maybe serviceable even the 1st round bust rate is 50%.

GMs love to save money by acquiring drafted players and we all get that vs a quality NFL starter. But you pay for a quality starter because you take the guess work out of the decision making process. Clearly if the team is cap strapped then yes the GM is stuck.

But as an example I would pay Linsley and literally solve the Center position for 2-4 years instead of drafting a maybe. Some poster posted an analysis of all the rookie centers who played this season most were 1st or 2nd rd selections and not one did good the sample size was 5 or 6 players.

GMs live a pipe dream of expectations. All you have to do to review the best draft classes ever and best case it is 4 star players out of 7 on average. The realistic great draft is 2 players out of 7. The normal draft is 1 player that is really good. So based on those stats it is less than 15% chance we are landing more than 1 solid to great player is unrealistic.

Of course you want to pick up proven NFL players, but the Rams aren't in that position. I honestly think that there's a lot of things we need to work out - and if it means that you gut certain parts of the roster, so be it. We gave long-term contracts to two good-to-great-but-not-elite receivers (Kupp and Woods) who are both possession receivers - and we drafted a possession receiver (Jefferson) as well. We gave a long term contract to a player who can only play right tackle and has been inconsistent in the passing game (Havenstein). We gave a long term contract to a tight end who had a nice four-game stretch, but is mostly a blocker (Higbee). I won't get into the quarterback position; no need to open that can of worms.

The team has been succeeding by coaching and having elite players on defense. When our defense failed, we ended up losing a lot of those games, especially when there were errors on special teams like we had. Yes, Akers and Henderson are amazing pieces to build around (although I'd add Martin as a back in the seventh), Kupp/Woods/Jefferson are solid, the offensive line exceeded my expectations, but do we have a single elite player on offense as of now, except maybe Akers? I'd venture to say that we don't, and we've paid too much money to players who aren't elite. So yes, I think the team being cap-strapped in a way: cap-strapped by overpayment for non-essential players on offense.

Basically, I want to use some assets while they remain assets. I'll take my chances on a draft when Snead's been drafting exceptionally well. Of course not all of the players are going to succeed, but again, I like my chances with Snead's drafting.

And we don't have the money for Linsley if we don't cut/trade players - and to be honest, I don't want to ruin our chance of getting three third round compensatory picks (Lloyd, JJ3, and Holmes). Why? Because of the quarterback situation. If Goff doesn't improve, I want a chance to draft an elite quarterback next year, which means parting with a boatload of picks. If Goff succeeds, we have our quarterback of the future.

If we're going to blow things up while saving on future CAP, here's my alternative option :

Trade Goff, Brockers, Kupp & Noteboom (all Jags positions of need, by the way) and our 2022 1'st round pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for their 2021 #1 overall draft pick, ... and select Trevor Lawrence. If anyone can do it, Les can.

Haha, no. You'd have to literally do some sort of mind-controlling shit to do that, and that doesn't exist in the real world.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp or Woods are two whom I can see being traded before their contract runs out. I decided to go to the Eagles; they have nothing aside from an aging Ertz, and they obviously want to keep Wentz happy, so I can see them parting with a second.

The problem with Philly is that they're in absolute cap hell. It's going to be a fight for them to dig out of it. I don't think they could afford the trade.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well if Snead can perform magic, then why not trade Jacksonville Wolford, Gaines, Webster & Demby and a couple of 6th rounders?
Come on Les, work your magic!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well if Snead can perform magic, then why not trade Jacksonville Wolford, Gaines, Webster & Demby and a couple of 6th rounders?
Come on Les, work your magic!

Your proposal does nothing to get us out of CAP hell.

Tano

Legend
The main thing I took from this mock that made me go against it is that you have Reeder starting in this scenario.

Just NO. You can find someone else.

The other stuff was your usual trader Memento so lol

But fun to read.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The problem with Philly is that they're in absolute cap hell. It's going to be a fight for them to dig out of it. I don't think they could afford the trade.

Good point on Philly. Again, I'm no cap expert, so...yeah.

The main thing I took from this mock that made me go against it is that you have Reeder starting in this scenario.

Just NO. You can find someone else.

The other stuff was your usual trader Memento so lol

But fun to read.

Reeder is starting, but he'll likely be supplanted on third downs by Howard. I like Howard, but I don't think I can justify starting him when he hasn't started a game yet. Kiser is also an option, but has had injury issues. Rozeboom hasn't been elevated above the practice squad (even though I'm a fan of him as well). So yeah, Reeder it is.

Tano

Legend
Good point on Philly. Again, I'm no cap expert, so...yeah.

Reeder is starting, but he'll likely be supplanted on third downs by Howard. I like Howard, but I don't think I can justify starting him when he hasn't started a game yet. Kiser is also an option, but has had injury issues. Rozeboom hasn't been elevated above the practice squad (even though I'm a fan of him as well). So yeah, Reeder it is.
Reeder showed me in the GB game that if Donald isn't 100% he is a horrible option at Inside Linebacker. He is okay when Donald is 100% but we really need an upgrade imho. I was hoping they would put in Kiser in the second half since Reeder was doing so horrible in the first half.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
wow make a couple more trades and we will own the hole draft except 1st rnd. i know that snead is setting at home reading this and trying to figure a way to make it work. nice work there memento.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Reeder showed me in the GB game that if Donald isn't 100% he is a horrible option at Inside Linebacker. He is okay when Donald is 100% but we really need an upgrade imho. I was hoping they would put in Kiser in the second half since Reeder was doing so horrible in the first half.

Fair point on Reeder.

wow make a couple more trades and we will own the hole draft except 1st rnd. i know that snead is setting at home reading this and trying to figure a way to make it work. nice work there memento.

Well, I'd definitely try to do that, haha! If Snead follows my advice, though, I'd rather it be with players than draft positions, and there's quite a few skill position players I really like.

I should be coming up with another draft soon-ish, maybe hop on the Watson bandwagon? I don't know.