Memento's Guaranteed Final Mock Draft in Easter.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I lied. So, there's some things I'd do differently, so...well, here it goes:

Trades:

#99 overall to the New York Giants for #108 overall and #143 overall.

(Stealing from jrry, as the Giants should be interested in a third for some of their picks.)

Draft:

#31 overall - Jeffery Simmons, NT, Mississippi State.

(Simmons is probably the best player we can get at this spot (unless Greedy somehow falls to us), so I'll gladly take who would be a top ten prospect in this class, were it not for the off-the-field problem and his recent ACL injury. He's matured since then, hasn't shied away from admitting his role, and has become a team leader. On the field, he's a monster who has been compared to prime-Ndamukong Suh. Next to Donald and Brockers/John Franklin-Myers, that would be a nightmare to defend when he gets healthy.)

#94 overall - Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida.

(Polite might just fall to this pick after the way he's bombed this entire process, culminating in running a 5.04 forty at his Pro Day. That doesn't change the fact that he would immediately dominate as a pass-rusher in the NFL, especially given that Donald is on the team. He's athletic enough to bend, but he also has a sophisticated plan when he rushes the quarterback. If he falls here, we should take him.)

#108 overall - Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic.

(Singletary is very small for a running back. He's also harder to tackle than a greased seal and has the instincts, patience, and stop/start to be a solid 1a option out of the backfield. He's my favorite running back in this class for those reasons, but his size and forty will scare teams away. Their loss, our gain.)

#133 overall - Chuma Edoga, OL, Southern California.

(I struggled for fate knows how long with this pick. I knew it had to be an offensive lineman. I puzzled over Edoga, Jordan, Davis, Cajuste, Benzschawel, Deiter, and other lesser linemen. Howard - my favorite mid-round offensive lineman - was long gone, as well as Scharping, McGary, and a whole host of others. I decided to say, "Fuck it," and chose Edoga.

Edoga doesn't look like your typical offensive lineman. He's short and around the 300 lbs. range. He's got serious technique issues. But he has a rare ability to excel at left tackle. He's athletic and flexible, And he has underrated strength and leverage due to his height. I hope I did this pick right; I literally spent at least a day on it.)

#143 overall - Sheldrick Redwine, FS/SS, Miami.

(Redwine has become my favorite mid-round safety. He has the physicality, ball skills, and athleticism to be a future starter for us. His inconsistency is the main problem; it's killed him in coverage, and might be a problem in the pros. Overall, though, with the amount of talent he has, he's well worth a fifth.)

#169 overall - Diontae Johnson, WR/KR/PR, Toledo.

(Johnson is small and a bit of a diva. That much is known. What's also known is that he's one of the most dynamic playmakers in this class, with an ability to score at any down, any distance. He's also a surprisingly-solid route runner. All in all, well worth a fifth.)

#203 overall - Stephen Denmark, CB, Valdosta State.

(Okay, I thought that this cornerback class sucked beyond the third round. Honestly, though, Denmark made me change my mind - at least, in his case. He seriously reminds me of Richard Sherman in that he's a huge wide-receiver-turned-cornerback. He's also seriously fast, and loves to play physical, whether it's tackling or press-man. He's sushi-raw, though, and his technique needs to be built from the ground up. But given how new he is to the defensive side of the ball, and his outer-space-high potential, that's worth a sixth.)

#251 overall - Sione Takitaki, ILB, Brigham Young.

(Takitaki is one of my favorite prospects in this class. He went from an immature guy who got kicked off the team as a freshman to a mature team captain in his senior year. He plays like his hair is on fire, like every down is his last. He's faster than his timed speed, and he's athletic enough to play inside linebacker in coverage schemes. For a seventh round pick, that's good enough for me.)

Undrafted Free Agents:

Hjalte Froholdt, OC, Arkansas.

(Froholdt has the potential to play guard and center, but he'll likely find his home at the latter. He's intelligent and technical in his style of play, even though he doesn't overpower the defensive line. He'll be a priority free agent, and I hope we get him.)

Iosua Opeta, OG, Weber State.

(Opeta is strong. Very strong. He put up an astounding thirty-nine reps of 225 at the Combine, and he's a workout warrior. He doesn't have the length necessary to be a tackle, but he'll be an excellent fit at guard. He'll be a priority free agent.)

Yosh Nijman, OT, Virginia Tech.

(The last of the offensive linemen, Nijman is a physical freak. He has the potential to play left tackle, but his technique leaves so much to be desired. I'd still love to get him as a priority free agent.)

Kendall Blanton, TE, Missouri.

(Would it really be a Memento mock without a hometown player? Blanton is no Okwuegbunam, but he's a better blocker than AO, and that's what you hope for as a backup tight end.

Roster:

(Bold are rookies, italics are starters.)

QB - Jared Goff, Blake Bortles.
RB - Todd Gurley, Malcolm Brown, Devin Singletary, John Kelly.
WR - Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, KhaDarel Hodge, Diontae Johnson.
TE - Gerald Everett, Tyler Higbee, Kendall Blanton.
OL - Andrew Whitworth, Joseph Noteboom, Brian Allen, Austin Blythe, Rob Havenstein, Chuma Edoga, Jamil Demby, Hjalte Froholdt, Iosua Opeta, Yosh Nijman.
DL - Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, John Franklin-Myers, Jeffery Simmons (PUP), Tanzel Smart, Sebastian Joseph-Day.
LB - Cory Littleton, Micah Kiser, Dante Fowler, Jachai Polite, Clay Matthews, Samson Ebukam, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Sione Takitaki, Justin Lawler, Trevon Young.
DB - Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Eric Weddle, John Johnson III, Marqui Christian, Kevin Peterson, Sheldrick Redwine, Travin Howard, Stephen Denmark.
ST - Greg Zuerlein, Johnny Hekker, Jake McQuaide.

Let me know how I did!

dang

Legend
This would be an excellent draft. My only questionables are:
- Chuma Edoga. It would depend on other OL options available.
- Diontae Johnson. Why did his production drop so dramatically from 2017 to 2018.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it.

I have a hard time seeing 4 UDFAs making this team though.

No way we keep 10 OL either, but then you're cutting two players who will almost certainly be on the team, so if you replace two of the OL with Countess and Hill, then I would like it a lot.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I like this draft too. but I'm a bit concerned about a 1st round player sitting out the entire training camp & first half of a season. He'd be redshirting basically, like Obo, who we still have no idea what we have in him. I dunno if we'd even see Simmons in 2019, though we really do need a dynamic playmaker on the DL next to AD.
The Polite pick would be a steal IMO. I'm sold on the fact that he tried to gain weight & sell himself as a 4-3 DE, even though he's far & above more talented at 3-4 Edge. I'd even say he'd beat out Obo, I"m so much more impressed w/ Polite's tape than Obo's.
A RB in this draft is great, but I'd almost take one at #31 if Jacobs somehow fell to us -- we'll need someone at RB1 if Gurley goes down, or becomes ineffective... I hate to say it, but I see Gurley swinging out wide much more often, trying to use his straight-line speed to get to the edge without cutting back. Anderson really showed us how much this was missing in our RB play--CJ would do a one-cut, shift around a bit thru traffic, and just plow through defenders. Gurley has been the key to our offense, but we need him to make cuts or teams will shut him down. All that said, the "greased seal" would be a great RB1a who'd work the middle more, playing to our strengths with the ZBS, and maybe platoon with MB if Gurley needs to take a few games off.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a great draft. I have my doubts Polite falls out of the 2nd, but you never know. Edoga is a great value on Day 3. High upside as a swing OT or OG. Diontae Johnson is twitched up and dynamic as hell. One of my favorite WRs. However, Froholdt is looking like a 5th to 7th round pick right now. Probably won't be available as a UDFA.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
For the most part, we'd have to be ecstatic about this draft. About Edoga, you have to appreciate his athleticism. He is really smooth, and has above average quickness, and feet. He'd fit very well in our scheme, and I am pretty confident Kromer could coach him up. Great draft, thanks for the good work, as always...

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
A very rare instance in which you appease an entire fanbase with a mock, but w/ this one, you absolutely hit it out the park!!

If I came back from Aruba and this was our draft, I'd be ecstatic!! (First time for me and the lady) :)

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Have to say @Memento, i think this is probably the best mock I've seen you produce and you have come up with some absolute balltearers!!

If it plays out this way, I cant see where we would have any cause for complaint.