Memento's Epilogue: The Final 2020 Mock Draft Thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, this'll be my final mock barring some other huge move, so...yeah. Here it is:

Trades:

#52 overall, #104 overall, Rob Havenstein, and Sebastian Joseph-Day to the New York Giants for #36 overall.

(Yeah, I'm partially taking from the ideas of @Memphis Ram and @Merlin in that Havenstein is a trade chip for a specific team. This not only saves cap, but gives us a great player with the trade-up. Meanwhile, New York gets a solid lineman to block for Jones and Barkley, a good young depth lineman, and a couple of Day 2 picks to play with.)

#57 overall and Brian Allen to the Las Vegas Raiders for #80 overall, #81 overall, and #121 overall.

(We get a couple of third round picks and a fourth to pick up players, while Las Vegas trades up for a wideout and picks up a young interior lineman that they need.)

#84 overall, #199 overall, and #234 overall to the Philadelphia Eagles for #127 overall, #145 overall, #146 overall, and #168 overall.

(We get a few fourth round picks and a fifth, while Philly targets a wideout to help them, along with two late round picks.)

Troy Hill to the Kansas City Chiefs for #138 overall.

(K.C. gets a much-needed corner, while we have the depth to take the loss of Hill and add a draft pick.)

Kenny Young to Washington for #162 overall.

(Let's be honest: we're not going to keep all of our linebackers, even though they all have potential. We don't need Young after this draft, so let's just see what we can get for him. Washington is interested because they need linebacker help; they're starting the ancient Thomas Davis at middle linebacker, and the volatile Reuben Foster is his backup.)

Draft:

#36 overall - Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor. (6'3", 207 lbs.)

(Yes, Mims is the wide receiver that I'm hoping we get. I admit, I wasn't high on him at first; I thought he was definitely going to be a top prospect, and that in spite of the Rams' FaceTime chat with him, he wouldn't fall to our pick. That all changed with the Texans trading another second round pick for Cooks - and watching more of him as a result. Mims is a threat to take it deep any time he touches the ball. Beyond that, he has an impressive catch radius; if you throw it to him, he's likely going to come down with it with his vice grips for hands. His route running still needs work, but he has the potential to be dangerous in all areas of the field. He's also a solid blocker. He's a wide receiver that can compete for snaps aside from Reynolds, but needs to season for about a year before he can show what he can really do.)

#80 overall - Zack Baun, ILB, Wisconsin. (6'2", 238 lbs.)

(Yes, I think that diluted sample is going to really drop Baun because it's likely a PED. Look no further than guys like Justin Houston to see how that effects players. I say, other teams' losses, our gain. He doesn't have much length or mass, and he's had two foot injuries. Now for the good part: he's adept at rushing the passer, dropping into coverage, and doing it all on the field. He's created tons of splash plays in one year: almost twenty tackles for a loss, twelve-point-five sacks, two forced fumbles, and a beautiful interception. I can see him dominating at inside linebacker, much like @jrry32 does.)

#81 overall - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, Louisiana State. (5'7", 207 lbs.)

(CEH is short. He's not the fastest. He needs work in pass-protection. But he's got a supreme blend of power, vision, and balance, to go along with good speed and elusiveness in the open field; he simply doesn't go down on the first tackle. All of that makes him a great goalline back. He's also a very good option in the passing game, and with Henderson providing the home run threat, CEH could be an excellent starter.)

#121 overall - Tyler Biadasz, OC, Wisconsin. (6'4", 314 lbs.)

(Biadasz has athletic limitations and has had injuries to his shoulder and hip. His 2019 tape wasn't as good as 2018. It's going to cause him to fall...and we'll get a steal if we select him. Biadasz is a strong man. Once he gets his hands on a defender, it's all over. And if that wasn't enough, he's a great technician; he understands leverage, hand placement, everything. He's a plug-and-play lineman who could easily start at a high level for years.)

#126 overall - Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota. (6'1", 206 lbs.)

(Johnson is someone I had to include in this draft. He's not the fastest, not the strongest, and his athletic limitations push him down this far. But he's the smoothest route runner in this class, combined with sticky hands, and the ability to simply separate from any corner - look no further than how he burned Noah Igbinoghene - a likely Day 2 pick - in the bowl game. He'll be a welcome addition to the Rams.)

#127 overall - Netane Muti, OG, Fresno State. (6'3", 315 lbs.)

(Yes, Muti has had numerous injury issues in his college career. He missed his true freshman year with an Achilles injury and reaggravated it in his sophomore year. He had a Lisfranc in his final college season. But the kid has amazing mobility and strength that you just can't teach. He played against Alabama's vaunted defensive line in his redshirt freshman year and stoned all of them. His potential is sky-high, and with one of the fourths, I'd be happy to get him.)

#138 overall - Leki Fotu, DT, Utah. (6'5", 330 lbs.)

(Fotu is sushi-raw. He needs to understand how to gain leverage; currently, it's his worst flaw. But my fate, his potential reaches outer space. He's a mountain of a man, has the strength to utterly stone offensive linemen, and he's surprisingly-quick for his size. He could end up taking A'Shawn Robinson's job in his second or third year and not relinquish it.)

#145 overall - Willie Gay Jr., ILB, Mississippi State. (6'1", 243 lbs.)

(Gay is a knucklehead, that's true. He's been suspended twice: once for academic issues and once for punching a teammate. He needs work with trusting his instincts and his football IQ also is lacking - although that might be because he hasn't started much. But as an athlete, he's the best linebacker in this class not named Isaiah Simmons. He brings the boom on every play, while wrapping up the ball carrier. He has the traits to excel in both man and zone and as a blitzer. He's not going to start immediately, but he has special teams potential while he learns, and he looks like he'll be an excellent starter once he learns the nuances of the game.)

#146 overall - Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech. (5'8", 187 lbs.)

(Robertson is short and will never be confused for an outside corner; his only spot is as a nickelback. He'll get overpowered by bigger wideouts, so that's another concern, and he's not the fastest corner. But he's got swagger, confidence, and the best ball skills in this class; he's had fourteen interceptions and thirty-four pass-breakups in his college career. He'll stick his nose in the running game as well; he's not afraid of contact. The only reason he'll fall here is because he's short, even for a nickelback. I say, take him.)

#162 overall - McTelvin "Sosa" Agim, DT, Arkansas. (6'3", 309 lbs.)

(Agim has little experience in the interior; he used to be a defensive end until his senior year where he moved to the defensive tackle position - thus, he's been considered a tweener of sorts, being too slow for an end and not strong enough for a tackle. He still needs tons of work with his anchor and overall strength, as well as developing pass-rush moves. But he's explosive, productive, and still has the potential to be a solid 3-tech behind AD.)

#168 overall - Josiah Deguara, TE/FB, Cincinnati. (6'2", 242 lbs.)

(Deguara is not an inspiring athlete. He doesn't have the speed to completely threaten safeties or linebackers. He's not going to wow you with leaping ability. But he's tough, has solid hands, and, most importantly, he can block like a fucking god. Seriously, he could be an amazing H-back and a threat out of the backfield, and he's made some clutch catches with the Bearcats in the tight end position. This draft pick, by himself, could completely change our running game in the way we thought that Sam Rogers would.)

Key UDFAs:

Reggie Corbin, RB, Illinois. (5'8", 199 lbs.)

(Corbin is never going to be an all-around back with his size. His blocking needs tons of work, mainly due to his size. He has little-to-no experience catching the ball, although he has potential there. What is he, then? He's a home run hitter with multiple 60+ yard-runs to his name, reaching over a thousand yards rushing and nine rushing touchdowns on only 128 carries. Corbin is like the lovechild between Darren Sproles and Tarik Cohen; he's an absolute human joystick who won't go down easily. I'm thinking he's a kickoff returner with his wheels and sheer elusiveness.)

Jared Mayden, SS, Alabama. (5'11", 201 lbs.)

(Mayden is a key UDFA I'm hoping to get. He only started one year at Alabama, and he gets by more on instincts than actual range. He's never going to wow you with athletic ability. But he's versatile enough to cover anywhere with both man and zone, and he can even go into the box, where his hard hitting will fit right at home. Even if he's not a starter, he'll be a valuable special teams player.

Shyheim Carter, FS, Alabama. (5'10", 194 lbs.)

(Carter is small and slow. That's why he won't get drafted. But the guy is, like Mayden, incredibly instinctive and is versatile enough to cover almost the whole field. He knows how to tackle as well; he rarely misses and is solid in wrapping up. He'll make a fine special teams player.)

Luqman Barcoo, CB, San Diego State. (6'0", 172 lbs.)

(Barcoo is rail-thin, and he doesn't have the frame to make you think he'll improve. He's not the fastest cornerback either; the East-West Shrine game exposed that, and those two reasons are why he won't get drafted. But he has incredible ball skills and instincts in coverage; there's a reason why he led the FBS in interceptions. He's solid in both man and zone, and he'll be a welcome special teams player.)

Roster:

Rookies: bold. Starters: Italic. Underline: Competition.

QB - Jared Goff, John Wolford.
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrell Henderson, Malcolm Brown, Reggie Corbin.
WR - Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Josh Reynolds, Denzel Mims, Tyler Johnson, Nsimba Webster, Greg Dortch.
TE - Tyler Higbee, Gerald Everett, Josiah Deguara (FB), Johnny Mundt (until Noteboom returns, then cut.)
OL - Andrew Whitworth, Austin Corbett, Austin Blythe, David Edwards, Bobby Evans, Tyler Biadasz, Netane Muti, Chandler Brewer, Joseph Noteboom (PUP).
DL - Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, A'Shawn Robinson, Leki Fotu, Greg Gaines, McTelvin Agim.
LB - Leonard Floyd, Samson Ebukam, Zack Baun, Travin Howard, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Jachai Polite, Jeff Holland, Willie Gay Jr., Micah Kiser, Natrez Patrick.
DB - Jalen Ramsey, David Long, John Johnson III, Taylor Rapp, Darious Williams, Amik Robertson, Luqman Barcoo, Jared Mayden, Shyheim Carter.
ST - Austin MacGinnis/Lirim Hajrullahu (can't choose between them), Johnny Hekker, Jake McQuaide

Thoughts and comments are, as always, appreciated. I'm sorry for not answering any previous comments with previous drafts; I tend to get distracted with other things.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like a lot of your players, but I think it's a bit optimistic on availability. IMO, Mims has the highest ceiling of any WR in this draft. It's possible he's around at #36, but he might go round 1. Still, I think that's realistic. From there, it gets iffier. Baun is being projected in the first round pretty often. Him falling to #52 is in the realm of possibilities. But unless there's something we don't know, I doubt he falls to #80. CEH could conceivably fall to #81, but he probably goes in the 50 to 70 range. Biadasz, Muti, and Johnson are all possible where you have them and excellent picks. Amik Robertson is being projected quite a bit higher than that, but he is short and could potentially fall. All in all, a lot talented players, but I think we'd have to get very lucky to have a shot at all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great stuff.
Only thing I would say is that if the Rams are drafting 2 WR, you might as well throw Reynolds in one of the trades

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Totally unrealistic. I have not seen any of your top 5 projected that low except Mom's who been in the teens to our first pick at 52.

Why waste all that move up draft capital for a WR when ILB, OLB or RB or maybe top C would be there. I thought before I saw who it was I thought it was Baun at 36. I never even seen him mocked to us at 52 if I remember correctly early 80 is crazy.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like a lot of your players, but I think it's a bit optimistic on availability. IMO, Mims has the highest ceiling of any WR in this draft. It's possible he's around at #36, but he might go round 1. Still, I think that's realistic. From there, it gets iffier. Baun is being projected in the first round pretty often. Him falling to #52 is in the realm of possibilities. But unless there's something we don't know, I doubt he falls to #80. CEH could conceivably fall to #81, but he probably goes in the 50 to 70 range. Biadasz, Muti, and Johnson are all possible where you have them and excellent picks. Amik Robertson is being projected quite a bit higher than that, but he is short and could potentially fall. All in all, a lot talented players, but I think we'd have to get very lucky to have a shot at all.

Honestly, I think that Baun is going to fall because of his diluted sample. He's also had a few injuries early in his career that could be red-flagged as well. I don't know if he falls to #80, to be honest, but I think that he won't be projected in the first round with those concerns. CEH has been projected anywhere between the early second and late third. Robertson actually reminds me a bit of NRC. I think he falls due to height concerns.

Great stuff.
Only thing I would say is that if the Rams are drafting 2 WR, you might as well throw Reynolds in one of the trades

I didn't want to rely entirely on rookies, and that's why I kept Reynolds. Also, Reynolds knows the scheme and can fill in as a starter until Mims is ready.

Totally unrealistic. I have not seen any of your top 5 projected that low except Mom's who been in the teens to our first pick at 52.

Why waste all that move up draft capital for a WR when ILB, OLB or RB or maybe top C would be there. I thought before I saw who it was I thought it was Baun at 36. I never even seen him mocked to us at 52 if I remember correctly early 80 is crazy.

Top five? Like Biadasz and Johnson? Biadasz is likely to be a late third/early fourth pick because he has injury red flags. Johnson is going to fall for the same reasons as Kupp: people think he has athletic limitations.

The others, I'll grant you are unlikely, but they are possible.

Mims is worth it for that draft capital. He has astronomical upside and could become even better than Kupp and Woods. Baun, like I said, has been flagged for a diluted sample. The same thing dropped Justin Houston from a likely first round pick to the beginning of the third round, so there is something to go off.

To all, thank you for the comments. It's much appreciated.

TexasRam

Legend
Lots of great talent picked up. Thanks for doing it.

If we got all those players it would be a hell of a haul. Not sure some of them fall that far based on current group think projections out there but who knows on draft day.

Baun, CEH, Biadasz and Muti I am highly rooting for us to land all 4. Don't know too much about the late round picks.

You addressed a lot of key positions so that is good.

I am not sure what I think of Mims, He might fit our sheme well as a good blocking WR and possession WR.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would take a safer OC than Biadasz. I would hate to listen to Rams nation chirp about going from Allen to Biadasz if these red flags continued in the NFL. Just feel we need to hit on a lot of picks right now and feel taking a injury risk player isn't wise. Otherwise I like it.. And yes keeping Reynolds is wise love his blocking too (12P sets)

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of great talent picked up. Thanks for doing it.

If we got all those players it would be a hell of a haul. Not sure some of them fall that far based on current group think projections out there but who knows on draft day.

Baun, CEH, Biadasz and Muti I am highly rooting for us to land all 4. Don't know too much about the late round picks.

You addressed a lot of key positions so that is good.

I am not sure what I think of Mims, He might fit our sheme well as a good blocking WR and possession WR.

Yeah, a lot of them could definitely go higher or lower than expected. Definitely rooting for us to draft CEH. I think he solves our #1 running back problem.

Mims actually ran a 4.38 at the Combine. He has the potential to be one of the best receivers in the league if he pans out. Think a faster, less douchebag Michael Thomas.

I would take a safer OC than Biadasz. I would hate to listen to Rams nation chirp about going from Allen to Biadasz if these red flags continued in the NFL. Just feel we need to hit on a lot of picks right now and feel taking a injury risk player isn't wise. Otherwise I like it.. And yes keeping Reynolds is wise love his blocking too (12P sets)

Yeah, we could take Hennessey or another center at #52/#57, but I prefer Biadasz. I think he could be the answer to our problems. Unlike Allen, he has functional strength and technical skills. Like Edwards, he was projected to go much higher than this. He's what the Rams need.