Memento's Almost Passover/Easter Mock Draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, I consider our offseason to be mostly done with the addition of Desean Jackson and eventually re-signing Darious Williams. So all that's left are two trades. Let's count them down, shall we?

Trades:

#57 overall pick to the Cleveland Browns for #89 and #91 overall.

(Cleveland moves up to select a falling interior defensive lineman, while we trade back for more assets this year.)

Rob Havenstein to the Tennessee Titans for #85 overall.

(Tennessee swung and missed with Isaiah Wilson, and they'll desperately need an offensive tackle aside from Lewan, who suffered an ACL tear in the midpoint of last season. Havenstein can't replace Lewan, but given that the Titans need offensive tackle help, they'll probably give a third for a sure thing.)

Okay, now that that's done...time for the draft:

Draft:

#85 overall (Titans) - Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama. (6'1", 235 lbs.)

(Moses was a first round prospect who struggled in 2020 after an ACL surgery in 2019 that cost him the whole season. He's smaller than expected and simply wasn't the same player he was in 2018. But 2018 Moses was one of the top inside linebackers in the game, with sideline-to-sideline speed, excellent coverage, and fearsome physicality. Maybe we get that Moses, much like I still believe that Terrell Lewis will eventually shine.)

#88 overall - Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame. (6'4", 248 lbs.)

(Tremble has been in the shadow of a couple of Notre Dame tight ends: first Cole Kmet, and now two freshman last year whose names I don't know. He hasn't gotten many opportunities, as a result. But he's a fantastic blocker, has solid hands, and has underrated speed. He'd be a fantastic get at this point.)

#89 overall (Browns) - Dayo Odeyingbo, OLB, Vanderbilt. (6'6", 265 lbs.)

(Odeyingbo is a moldable piece of clay for us. He's adept at both rushing the passer and defending against the run, has length and speed, and has amazing versatility; he has been in 4-3s and 3-4s alike in various roles, including a 3-4 pass-rusher, 4-3 end, and even defensive tackle at times. He's got a great get-off, which helps him a ton. He needs to learn how to refine his approach to rushing the passer, needs to learn moves and counter moves, but I can't think of a better teacher than Coach Henderson. This could be a pick that changes our edge rushers.)

#91 overall (Browns) - Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn. (6'0", 179 lbs.)

(Given that Darden ran a 4.46, I think the Rams want to add a bit more speed in an earlier round, unfortunately (although I still like Darden, I don't see the Rams being interested in him). I don't trust Desean Jackson, I'll say it right now. I think he gets hurt, and that's when Schwartz steps in as the deep threat. And yes, he can flat out fly; that 4.26 is his speed in pads. I think he'll need a lot of work when it comes to catching the ball, and he'll never be the type who breaks tackles, but he's an underrated route runner with good enough hands.)

#103 overall (Holmes compensatory) - Walker Little, OT, Stanford. (6'7", 309 lbs.)

(Little is controversial because of injuries and opting out of the 2020 season, but given that Stanford's old offensive line coach is here, I think he'll know enough about him to justify a pick. Little is an athletic left tackle of the future, able to mirror rushers and seal them off. While pass-protection is his strength, he happens to be a decent run blocker, able to move people out of his way. The main thing is injuries and not playing for a while.)

#141 overall - Drake Jackson, OC, Kentucky. (6'2", 285 lbs.)

(I know that people are going to look at his weight, but others looked at Aaron Donald's weight as well. I doubt Jackson will be nearly as great, but he should still be a solid center prospect. He's built low to the ground, is extremely smart, is country strong, and while his athleticism is lacking, he has enough to suffice. I think he could end up being a solid center prospect.)

#209 overall - Mike Strachan, WR, Charleston. (6'5", 225 lbs.)

(Strachan just ran a 4.46 at his size, had nineteen touchdowns this year, and he's garnered interest from the Giants and the Bills. He's sushi-raw, needs work on routes, and basically needs time to grow. But he could end up becoming a top flight receiver in the NFL, I really believe that.)

#252 overall - Caleb Huntley, RB, Ball State. (6'0", 226 lbs.)

(Huntley is a battering ram of a running back who can catch the ball out of the backfield and block. He's not going to win footraces in the NFL, but he's got a role as a goal-line back who can contribute in the passing game, just like Malcolm Brown did.)

Roster: (Starters in bold, rookies in italics)

QB - Matthew Stafford, John Wolford.

RB - Cam Akers, Darrell Henderson, Caleb Huntley.

WR - Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson, Desean Jackson, Anthony Schwartz, Mike Strachan.

TE - Tyler Higbee, Tommy Tremble, Brycen Hopkins, Johnny Mundt.

OL - Andrew Whitworth, David Edwards, Austin Corbett, Bobby Evans, Joseph Noteboom, Chandler Brewer, Tremayne Anchrum, Walker Little, Drake Jackson.

DL - Aaron Donald, A'Shawn Robinson, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Greg Gaines, Michael Hoecht, Jonah Williams.

LB - Leonard Floyd, Kenny Young, Micah Kiser, Justin Hollins, Terrell Lewis, Ogbonnio Okoronkwo, Dayo Odeyingbo, Dylan Moses, Travin Howard, Troy Reeder.

DB - Jalen Ramsey, Darious Williams, Jordan Fuller, Taylor Rapp, Terrell Burgess, David Long, Tyrique McGhee, J.R. Reed, JuJu Hughes, Nick Scott.

ST - Matt Gay, Johnny Hekker, Steven Wirtel.

Any thoughts are welcome.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Excellent draft dudette! The only upgrade I would suggest is finding a DB prospect in there somewhere. I'm uncomfortable being an injury away and having to rely on Long Jr. who really hasn't showed much except for tackling opponents after they catch the ball.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I concur with @FaulkSF great work, however, a CB needs to be added IMHO. Overall, that would cover many needs and I really like that you have Steven Wirtel winning the Long Snapper job over Colin Holba.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
My favorite part about your mock draft is the 57 trade down for two 3rds. IMO, there’s huge value in the 3rd round and that’s what I hope we do. Assuming a player we love and who can be an immediate impact doesn’t drop to us at 57 of course.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Your best work imo.
While I have personal doubts that Walker Little & Anthony Schwartz are still available at these picks, its certainly possible. I'd also be very surprised if the Rams went ILB with their first overall pick, although stranger things have happened and not sure a second WR is necessary on what would be a pretty loaded roster at this position. Seems the Rams will be forced to do far better than another 4'th round Center, so this appears a big long shot in terms of current team needs. jmo.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I believe it would be a mistake to trade Havenstien.
And I question if they could get a 3rd round choice for him. Especially, in this deep OT draft class.

Love the Tremble selection.
Not a fan of the Drake Jackson choice.

If the Rams come out of this draft without a CB, someone should be fired, IMO

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would have to figure the Rams end up with a Stanford o-lineman right? Good stuff, love to see Tremble in every mock

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent draft dudette! The only upgrade I would suggest is finding a DB prospect in there somewhere. I'm uncomfortable being an injury away and having to rely on Long Jr. who really hasn't showed much except for tackling opponents after they catch the ball.

That's fair. I'll probably draft a cornerback in the seventh in my next mock draft. I still have faith in Long. Call me crazy.

I concur with @FaulkSF great work, however, a CB needs to be added IMHO. Overall, that would cover many needs and I really like that you have Steven Wirtel winning the Long Snapper job over Colin Holba.

Well, given your thoughts on Holba and Wirtel - and I trust your thoughts, having not seen them play much - I thought of that.

My favorite part about your mock draft is the 57 trade down for two 3rds. IMO, there’s huge value in the 3rd round and that’s what I hope we do. Assuming a player we love and who can be an immediate impact doesn’t drop to us at 57 of course.

Yeah, the third round is packed with good players. So is the second round, but unfortunately, we have only the one second round pick. Only players I'd stay at our second for are Josh Myers or a falling offensive tackle (either Carman or Radunz).

Your best work imo.
While I have personal doubts that Walker Little & Anthony Schwartz are still available at these picks, its certainly possible. I'd also be very surprised if the Rams went ILB with their first overall pick, although stranger things have happened and not sure a second WR is necessary on what would be a pretty loaded roster at this position. Seems the Rams will be forced to do far better than another 4'th round Center, so this appears a big long shot in terms of current team needs. jmo.

I believe that Little and Schwartz fall to those picks. Little has not played in more than a year. Schwartz, despite his forty time, is still very much unproven and doesn't have the tackle-breaking ability that other players in this draft do. And I'd go linebacker if someone like Moses is available at that spot; he could be as much of a game-changer as Fred Warner is for the Whiners or Bobby Wagner is for the Hags. As for a second wide receiver, I believe that Strachan is well-worth the pick. Both Kupp and Woods have had injury issues, and - in my honest opinion, of course - Strachan, while raw, has the potential to be a dominant receiver in this league.

I like it but aim not crazy about Drake Jackson.

Thanks. I actually like Jackson. He may be small and lacking in athleticism, but he has had no issues with any of the SEC linemen he's played against, Quinnen Williams aside. That's good enough for me.

I believe it would be a mistake to trade Havenstien.
And I question if they could get a 3rd round choice for him. Especially, in this deep OT draft class.

Love the Tremble selection.
Not a fan of the Drake Jackson choice.

If the Rams come out of this draft without a CB, someone should be fired, IMO

The reason I'm picking the Titans is because they're a playoff contender with an older core. Henry isn't going to last forever, and their offensive line is in shambles. The Titans also need to draft a receiver to replace Corey Davis, and their defense struggled last year as well. Tremble and McKitty are my favorite mid/late round tight ends. I do like Jackson for the reasons I explained to Elm. And I'll definitely take your cornerback suggestion into consideration (read, will draft one next time.)

Would have to figure the Rams end up with a Stanford o-lineman right? Good stuff, love to see Tremble in every mock

Obviously, right? Or a Pac-12 offenisve lineman, since Carberry knows that division. Sort of like Pete Carroll getting a steal in Sherman, right? Tremble is a good tight end that I wouldn't mind us taking.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'm pretty sure that "fokokta meshuggenah" isn't English. If it is, it's not English that I know. :p
Your thread title refers to Passover. I assumed (maybe incorrectly?) you spoke some Yiddish.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your thread title refers to Passover. I assumed (maybe incorrectly?) you spoke some Yiddish.

AH, I see. Yeah, I celebrate Passover, but I don't know any Yiddish.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Little does look like a Ram pick doesn't he. Also Jackson looks like a fit. Nice job Mem. :cheers2: