Memento's 2015 Mock Draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So, here it is, my first mock of the 2015 draft. Don't worry; there will be a quarterback taken. May not be who you expect, though. So, without further ado, let's get down to the meat of this.

1st round: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia.

I don't know if Britt is going to be back next year, as resigning Barksdale, Hekker, Kendricks, and Harkey should be priorities. Givens has been lackluster at best (and is a possible cut next year), and Pettis is long gone. I love how Quick has progressed, and Austin and Bailey should grow a lot more in their third year, but a number one wide receiver who can single-handedly dominate a game should be on the list.

Kevin White fits that profile damn near perfectly. I have to thank jrry for bringing White on the radar for me; I've watched a lot of WVU games after I heard his name, and he's always stood out to me. He brings size, hands, awareness, and underrated speed to the table. Comparisons to Larry Fitzgerald stand out the most to me; White's around the same height and weight as when Fitzgerald came out.

I considered one of the big three quarterbacks, but I honestly believe that all three will be taken before we pick, and we don't have the luxury of trading up.

2nd round: Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State.

I'm going to be honest; I don't think that any of our current quarterbacks are going to be back next year, and we all know why. Bradford is the only one I'd consider keeping, but at a way reduced salary, which I don't believe his agent would agree to do that. The Davis experiment should be over, and Hill is a stop-gap at best.

Dak Prescott is a really intriguing prospect. His intangibles are off the charts, he can make every throw at the NFL level, and he's a fantastic athlete, but he's still very raw, and his mechanics need work. He has inconsistent footwork, but when he steps into his throws, he's as accurate as anyone in college football. This is a potentially dangerous pick, but all of the quarterbacks in this class fall into that category.

I considered Ty Sambraillo and Spencer Drango at this spot, but only if we could get one of the big three.

3rd round: Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke.

Robinson is the building-block for the offensive line; he's done an amazing job at both left tackle and left guard. Barksdale and Saffold have been decent for the most part; they should be kept. Wells and Joseph have been terrible, and Long has torn his ACL again. I can't see a scenario where any of them come back. If we can pull it off, Wisniewski should be a free agent priority this offseason, with Jones as the supersub. But we still need a starting guard, and that's where this pick comes in.

Laken Tomlinson started every game at right guard for the Blue Devils ever since he was a redshirt freshman. He's still polishing his technique, but all of the physical and mental traits are there.

5th round: Damian Swann, CB, Georgia.

You can never have too many defensive backs in today's NFL. I don't see us resigning McLeod or keeping McGee. I'd personally move Joyner to free safety and use Barron in a hybrid safety/linebacker role. Roberson provides nice depth, but I'd prefer to draft another corner just in case.

That's where Damian Swann comes in. Swann had a breakout season in 2013, but has struggled with consistency this year. He has gotten better as the year has gone on, though, and he is a proven playmaker.

7th round: Henry Anderson, DT, Stanford.

The trio of Donald, Brockers, and Langford have been impressive, but Langford's salary could make him a cap casualty, and Carrington's contract is up after this year.

Henry Anderson, the 6'6", 295 pound 2013 Pac-Twelve honorable mention, plays as a defensive tackle and end in Stanford's 3-4 system. In 2012, he recorded 13 TFL and 5.5 sacks. He is quick and powerful, but tires as the game goes on. Still, he's well-worth a draft pick as a developmental prospect.

Thoughts, comments, and critique are more than welcome.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I could certainly get behind the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rd picks. Not sure Dak is there for the taking in rd 2 though.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I haven't seen too much of Prescott, but I'll check him out more. I'd be extremely happy with the White pick though.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I love what ive seen from Kevin White but im not sure the rams can afford to draft a wr this year. I was a huge huge proponent of draftng Watkins last year but I just cant do it this time. I would lean towards an olineman or true free safety in the first. Im not sure Prescott can be an nfl passer, id lean towards Petty or Mannion in the second round. I haven't even begun to really look at draft prospects though, im just going off of games ive watched this year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ok now i'm gonna have to go look at these guys. I haven't seen much of anyone this season besides the Pac 12.