Melvin Gordon: Pay Me or Trade Me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

just another example of what a disgrace the current cba is for rookies who have outplayed their contract by far. owners have no shame.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure ticket sales could get lower.... I mean it's what, 30k seats and never packed?

Sadly the Chargers will always be a joke because their owner is a cheap POS. I hope they nosedive when Rivers retires and find themselves incapable of loading up the new stadium. Maybe they'll go back to San Diego.

Ram65

Legend
He has had his share of injuries already.

Date League Injury Details
Nov 25, 2018 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Gordon sprained his right MCL in Week 12 and missed the following 3 games.
Oct 14, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Gordon missed Week 7 with an unspecified hamstring injury. He returned after the Week 8 bye.
Dec 11, 2016 NFL Inguinal Hip Sprain Gordon went down early in Week 14 and missed the final 3 games.
Dec 11, 2016 NFL Knee PCL Sprain Grade 2 Gordon went down early in Week 14 and missed the final 3 games.
Dec 20, 2015 NFL Knee Tear Gordon tore cartilage in his knee in Week 15 and was placed on IR.
Aug 13, 2015 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Gordon sat out Week 2 of the preseason but was fine to handle 17 touches in his regular season debut.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/melvin-gordon-16739/

upload_2019-7-11_21-21-48.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

just another example of what a disgrace the current cba is for rookies who have outplayed their contract by far. owners have no shame.

By far? man has one year over 4 ypc and 1k yards and only one year he's played in 16 games. He's somewhat talented if he's on the field. I hope they pay him because this would be a major waste of salary cap.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
By far? man has one year over 4 ypc and 1k yards and only one year he's played in 16 games. He's somewhat talented if he's on the field. I hope they pay him because this would be a major waste of salary cap.

Thaaaaaank you

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's earned it. Also this will force Elliot's pricetag even higher.

200.gif

upload_2019-7-11_18-46-4.png

So what exactly has that player earned? According to the TD number he should be paid more than Bell, who would also be ahead of him if not for sitting out last year, but just behind Gurley? Please let the Chargers be that foolish.

Ram65

Legend
RB second contracts are a catch 22. Hard to pay top dollar when they are more prone to injury after taking four or five years of hits. Gordon has not been great while missing games. I think he should play while taking the $5.6 Million. A good healthy year and he gets a nice two/three year deal somewhere. I don't think he has a lot of leverage nor can he make up that amount of money.

Austin Ekeler, Detrez Newsome, Justin Jackson and Troymaine Pope are decent depth.

https://www.chargers.com/team/depth-chart

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Toronto was the city the Chargers should have moved to! Talk about the biggest blunder in recent memory by the Chargers and the NFL. Who knew the Raptors would win it all this year, but they did, and if the Chargers were there, those crazy rabid fans would have been there for them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Toronto was the city the Chargers should have moved to! Talk about the biggest blunder in recent memory by the Chargers and the NFL. Who knew the Raptors would win it all this year, but they did, and if the Chargers were there, those crazy rabid fans would have been there for them.
I think the Bills owner might vigorously object

oldnotdead

Legend
No actually Las Vegas openly courted the Chargers. Spanos instead used that to try to leverage SD and it didn't work. Mark Davis baited Spanos into looking at Carson while he secretly went behind his back to get his stadium in Vegas. Spanos then pretended to negotiate with San Diego while secretly signing on as an LA tenant. San Diego responded by telling the NFL that the Chargers were never welcomed back as long as the Spanos family owned them.

Spanos justified the LA move by showing how it doubled the value of his team....duuhhh not talking about having to sell the team to cash in on it. Now they play in a 27K seat stadium where 2/3 of seats sold are to visiting team fans. They are the only NFL team to play road games every game all year. Actual Charger fan attendance is perhaps 12-15K per game. It makes me laugh when the Chargers announce sellouts. What they neglect to say is that it's the visiting team fans buying the tickets. In their first season they bragged about selling out every game. But they didn't say it was because ticket brokers reserved those tickets to sell to fans of visiting teams.

Dean Spanos doesn't care who buys the tickets. He doesn't care if they aren't Charger fans. The man has no shame. The entire organization is filled with Spanos family members and they are all like that. My heart goes out to Philip Rivers a HOF worthy QB and a very fine man, whose entire career has been squandered by team ownership. It's why Archie Manning didn't want Eli to play for them. The NFL has always known what scumbags they are but it doesn't bother them.

Gordon is a very good RB. He's been hurt because the Chargers don't value paying for oline and don't know how to draft them. They are the ones that drafted DJ Fluker as their LT of the future with a #11 pick. He's still struggling at OG. All he can do at this point is run block as a road grader, as he still can't pass block worth a damn. Yeah he's with the Hawks now. :LOL:

TexasRam

Legend
I don't know, this seems like one of those unfortunate situations where the player has a lot more value to other teams then to the current team.

I mean like Leveon Bell, the backup RB behind him (Conner) is very productive as well and much cheaper, so it doesn't make sense to pay the incumbent starter. Especially in this situation where Gordon is injury prone.

Super Bowls and Dynastys are not built on RB's unfortunately.

I hope this one doesn't get ugly, but it makes a lot of sense to trade Gordon.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I don’t know. We’ve seen that cut both ways, big time.

Bradford, Jason Smith... We could go on.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
200.gif

View attachment 29343

So what exactly has that player earned? According to the TD number he should be paid more than Bell, who would also be ahead of him if not for sitting out last year, but just behind Gurley? Please let the Chargers be that foolish.
He's earned an extension, more than the 5.6mil he's making this season. Gurley, Bell, DJ money? No but not too far below it. Eventhough Bell has also had injury problems and suspension issues, as well DJ has also had injury problems and is living off of one great season I think that they are better backs. But Gordon and his agents haven't said that they want a Gurley-like contract, in the article posted all they say is that they want a respectable offer and what was offered was lowball. Infact no article has yet to mention or quote Gordon and/or his agents stating such. This one article mentions that they want a contract near those guys. Which I think is fair, something around 10-11mil/yr which would put him above guys like Freeman, McKinnon and Shady.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know. We’ve seen that cut both ways, big time.

Bradford, Jason Smith... We could go on.

Bradford and Smith were under the old agreement. The rookies got absolutely screwed in this cba.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's earned an extension, more than the 5.6mil he's making this season. Gurley, Bell, DJ money? No but not too far below it. Eventhough Bell has also had injury problems and suspension issues, as well DJ has also had injury problems and is living off of one great season I think that they are better backs. But Gordon and his agents haven't said that they want a Gurley-like contract, in the article posted all they say is that they want a respectable offer and what was offered was lowball. Infact no article has yet to mention or quote Gordon and/or his agents stating such. This one article mentions that they want a contract near those guys. Which I think is fair, something around 10-11mil/yr which would put him above guys like Freeman, McKinnon and Shady.
Sorry in 4 years he's not had a single season that should make a team want to pay him that kind of money. If you don't have a Gurley, Barkley, Kamara or Elliot draft a new guy mid rounds about every year. Sorry I don't understand what world a guy who can't run for 4 yards every time he touches the ball would have earned being the 4th highest paid RB in the league.