Media and NFL Analyst are some of the dumbest creatures on Earth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I know....like that is news to any of you.

I just read an article on the hype for this Sunday's game against the Bucs. These analysts just don't make any sense anymore. Why even write about a game you know nothing about and just add filler to? It's like reading a Politicians work.

Analyst: "If the moon is out the night before and Mike Evan has eggs for breakfast with Jalen Ramsey having toast, using stats from a game 5 years ago against another team its clear Evans has an advantage and the Bucs will score 400 FGs against a superior Rams laundry service team".

I watched "Inside the NFL" last night and Simms says, "The Rams just have too many stars......not enough depth".....then says, "I like the 49ers because of that starting D-line".......followed later by someone else saying, "Kansas City is just too good because they have so many stars".

I know journalism died decades ago, but why even bother with analysis in the NFL? They should just have "Hype-men" like in "A Knight's Tale".

It isn't even about it being the Rams. I listen to them do the same thing to other teams. Getting tired of watching the brainwashing garbage!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How could you label these "experts" as 'Dumb'?!?!

Just yesterday, NFL Network's Michael Robinson stated that Defensive Coordinator Todd Bowles needed to figure-out how to best utilize Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey against the Bucs.

And then ... MJ Acosta Ruiz nodded in agreement!

How dare you!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm convinced that Simms has incriminating pictures of something/someone that allows him to be employed in his current position.

Yeah... his dad was a QB for the giants... but that ain't enough for this clown to be allowed to spew his nonsense over the airways.

He's got some serious dirt on somebody.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was his dad. Phil is now the producer of Inside the NFL on Paramount Plus

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah we live in a sickening time of fantasy and stupidity with our media. It's not just football either btw.

Makes me wonder if it's always been like that and I just woke up. Or whether things really have slid into shitsville. :laugh4:

Last edited:

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
It was his dad. Phil is now the producer of Inside the NFL on Paramount Plus
Phil was a serviceable game manager for the Giants. He at least has some credibility for that although he is pretty clueless as a sports commentator. He’s lazy and collecting a paycheck but doesn’t offer any insight. His son on the other hand thinks he is a QB guru despite the fact that he couldn’t cut it in the NFL. Can’t believe that NBC puts that clueless clown out front with his equally stupid partner Mike Florio. When was the last time that they had anything remotely intelligent to say? Chris Simms is the tight buddy to Kyle Shanahan that insisted that the Niners were going to draft the Alabama QB. Shanahan played him like a cheap fiddle knowing if you want stupid information out there pass it on to the biggest idiot in the room.

Tano

Legend
Well I did like announcers like Jim McKay, Summerall, Dick Enberg, Vin Scully - I even liked Maddon even though he was too much into Favre

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I know....like that is news to any of you.

I just read an article on the hype for this Sunday's game against the Bucs. These analysts just don't make any sense anymore. Why even write about a game you know nothing about and just add filler to? It's like reading a Politicians work.

Analyst: "If the moon is out the night before and Mike Evan has eggs for breakfast with Jalen Ramsey having toast, using stats from a game 5 years ago against another team its clear Evans has an advantage and the Bucs will score 400 FGs against a superior Rams laundry service team".

I watched "Inside the NFL" last night and Simms says, "The Rams just have too many stars......not enough depth".....then says, "I like the 49ers because of that starting D-line".......followed later by someone else saying, "Kansas City is just too good because they have so many stars".

I know journalism died decades ago, but why even bother with analysis in the NFL? They should just have "Hype-men" like in "A Knight's Tale".

It isn't even about it being the Rams. I listen to them do the same thing to other teams. Getting tired of watching the brainwashing garbage!
I barely watch any of them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I will throw this in here. It doesn’t merit its own thread:

Kay Adams is gorgeous. I’ve been hot for her ever since I first laid eyes on her. Despite her Ram hatred I still think she’s smoking.

It all went out the window for me today. That bitch can’t dance! She was dancing on the show today. I expected hotness. Instead she dances like she’s a guy on stage rapping. Total turn off. It was like watching Lil Wayne or Eminem. If a girl dances like a dude she is better off not dancing. Nothing sexy about that.

Tano

Legend

Kay Adams is gorgeous. I’ve been hot for her ever since I first laid eyes on her. Despite her Ram hatred I still think she’s smoking.

It all went out the window for me today. That bitch can’t dance! She was dancing on the show today. I expected hotness. Instead she dances like she’s a guy on stage rapping. Total turn off. It was like watching Lil Wayne or Eminem. If a girl dances like a dude she is better off not dancing. Nothing sexy about that.
Good thing I didn't see that

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

You better take a look at this Brudda. These moves make me think she can dance on me like a seasoned hooker.

View: https://youtu.be/-ZJBnsidZEw

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The part I'll enjoy will be the No-Win situation.

Bucs win: Slobberfest over Brady and the Bucs
Rams win: The story will be why Brady had an off day...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah we live in a sickening time of fantasy and stupidity with our media. It's not just football either btw.

Makes me wonder if it's always been like that and I just woke up. Or whether things really have slid into shitsville. :laugh4:

I'm guessing you're a lot younger than me, but this crap didn't exist in the era of Edward R Murrow & Walter Cronkite. Some news even disguises itself now as 'entertainment', and that brings accusations of propaganda & 'fake news' being produced for pure profit. When there are a 1000 media outlets out there competing for your dollar, many will say anything to capture the public's imagination, regardless of how outrageous it is, ... rather than investigate a subject, many just tell people what they think they want to hear. Muckraking has gone mainstream, and ethics, honesty & democracy itself suffers for it.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend

For the all time dance moves

Awkward Julia Louis Dreyfus GIF

oldnotdead

Legend
LMFAO WELCOME TO MY NFL WORLD

That's the problem with the media. Too Many Stars and Star Wannabes.

Unless they have the expertise to break things down and actually do break it down then I will listen. But otherwise, it's just NOISE.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Looks like she is giving the chair a lap dance! o_O