McVay on playing teams the 2nd time around

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mikedlo23

UDFA
Name
mike
Im curious if anyone did some number crunching so I'm just going off the information i have in my head...... McCoy facing teams the 2ND time around is night and day....i know theres not a big sample size but lets look....the first time we played the cards was a 33-0 shutout. we played them again and still beat them by 20. we played Seattle and lost 16-10 then we all know how we destroyed them the 2nd time out.....now we haven't played the niners yet the 2nd time out and fortunately we can wait till next year and we have the luxury to sit out starters.... but I'm loving what mcvay sees on film and corrects it the 2nd time out.....that Seattle game was one of the best games I've seen the rams play since the greatest show of turf days......im really hoping to see us play minn. or philly again to see how we handle them.....yes i know Seattle was hurt but we dominated every aspect of that game and I'm willing to bet that if we play minn or philly again mcvay will find ways to score and wade will find ways to stop them just like we did with wilson......id be willing to bet my life that without wentz theres no way with preparation philly scores 30+ points on us again.....in my opinion we are also a different team now then when we last played minn. cornerbacks were hurt and play calling was an off day....and 9-10 time kupp holds on to that touchdown and were up 14-7 in 4th quarter.......im so excited for playoff football and while a Super Bowl is the main objective this years rams have flown past my expectations so I'm happy with just playing an extra week

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
While we did play very well against Seattle, the whole game was set up by our defense and the special teams giving us great field position all day. Yes, the offense played well given those advantages. But to say it was our adjustments from the first game might be a reach. It was defense and special teams and taking advantage of that huge advantage.........

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
No doubt McVay is good at disecting game film and finding chinks, but not much to go on with Grabapole in there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
While we did play very well against Seattle, the whole game was set up by our defense and the special teams giving us great field position all day. Yes, the offense played well given those advantages. But to say it was our adjustments from the first game might be a reach. It was defense and special teams and taking advantage of that huge advantage.........

And not doling out 5 turnovers helps too, just a wee bit.