McVay Confirms Starters Will Play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
We all remember the debate on playing or sitting starters in week 17 last year. It is completely different from sitting starters in preseason but once McVay decides to sit some of his key starters (especially the OL) I think he immediately goes into protection mode for other key starters (Gurley, Goff).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Methinks McVay wants to see how well Noteboom and the OL he starts with Mannion on the first series pass blocks and if they do a good job, he might play Goff the next series.

I guess Inwas wrong again.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I can understand not Gurley, or Goff, and the elderly OL. I expected receivers at least to get a series or two

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
I dont get why the starting WR's are not getting at least a series or 2. I get the starting OL not playing, keeping Goff & Gurley on the sidelines, but what does that have to so with Woods, Kupp or Cooks.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I dont get why the starting WR's are not getting at least a series or 2. I get the starting OL not playing, keeping Goff & Gurley on the sidelines, but what does that have to so with Woods, Kupp or Cooks.

Could be that the coaches feel Mannion has a better chance at succeeding with the backup receivers who he’s spent for time with and would likely have better chemistry with

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mcvay didn't want the wrs to get killed by mannion's ball placement.