McVay changed the whole culture (not owner, not GM)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
There is a lot of honor going on in that draft room (see the vids of how Rams include everyone in the process---position coaches et al)....and 'niceness' maybe, too.

REally the Rams culture all changed with McVay, not the the owner and not the GM.
Same with Pats, the owner is a guy who knows when to say 'yes' to Belliboy, and that is it.
The owner doesn't have to have class, or honor or that stuff, the coach has to--and McVay has
that in spades!
THe owner only has to honor what he says...which is not so hard for most of them.

With all the 'nice' guy stuff going on with the Rams towards the players, the staff is intentional, serious and joyful...all things that business can be.

The only change I see that McVay needs:
he has to become less glorifying of players---that will lead to his downfall. Fisher was a lapdog to lazy players like Jenkins....who after he left the Rams became the pro bowler he should have been with he Rams.

He is young and so it is ok to kiss the players butts, but that has to stop. Players get away with being dogs (Suh) and a few others. Players like Fowler don't need the kiss butt, they need discipline...and the Rams ration that through "accountability" I guess....

Thoughts? I am I too dogged here :)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mr. Build it & they will come !!

I call some BS !!

That all said, yes Mcvay is the man !! He
Helped change the culture.[

Demoff did & does play a big role.

Les Snead is magic in the draft room & makes it work. He helped make the setting.

Then again Stan is the man !! He will get McVay paid !! He is building one if the best stadiums ever !! The Olympics are coming to LA. He make that happen.

Look at the Colorado avalanche & what they are doing.
Then look at the Denver nuggets ??

May I add The arsenal ??
The Rams organization is what is making The Rams great again. LA doesn’t hurt to sign some excellent veterans.

Fan base is coming back now as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay and his coaching staff do deserve credit, and I am sure that he gives his input to Les Snead and the through him to the scouts. McVay is reliant, however, for the talent he receives, So I give credit to both McVay and Snead.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Players who played for Fisher and McSlay have had the same thing to say basically when they are asked about why the results on the field are so much better now with McSlay...

They all loved Fisher... but they will tell you that THEY ARE NOW HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERYTHING. That was not the case with Fisher.

We don't see the ass chewings... because that is done in private like it is supposed to be.

Times are always changing too. There is no doubt in my mind that our HC relates to today's players better than the old retreads that make up much of the NFL's coaching staffs. We've moved way out ahead of the pack with McSlay... not the other way around.

And.... we've all seen McSlay's humbleness on full display when he feels that he has much to still learn. He's not too prideful to think that he's got all the answers to everything already... and that's not the case with most of the NFL's dinosaur coaches... he is learning and implementing more all the time. Imagine how that must scare the hell out of the rest of the league.

Give me a double helping of McSlay please. I'll take his coaching approach and style over every single coach out there... including the cheater. McSlay is the future, and EVERYBODY else is trying to find their own McSlay now because they can see it plain as day. Good thing he's a one of a kind.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Enos Stanley Kroenke has jack and it not afraid to use it! Concur with @So Ram it's nice to have an owner that allows his football people to do their jobs and pay them very well for it. Many of us went through the years of being a nickle & dime franchise, it's nice to be on the other side.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Enos Stanley Kroenke has jack and it not afraid to use it! Concur with @So Ram it's nice to have an owner that allows his football people to do their jobs and pay them very well for it. Many of us went through the years of being a nickle & dime franchise, it's nice to be on the other side.

Amen Brudda

The days of "that woman" and her fucking lying lawyer running a football team so that she had enough money to throw her cocktail parties and bounce the player's paychecks are almost completely out of our rearview mirror's view. There is just enough of it still barely visible though to still make it completely unsafe for that scumbag shaw to be in the same room as me. And that's a fact, Jack!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is just enough of it still barely visible though to still make it completely unsafe for that scumbag shaw to be in the same room as me. And that's a fact, Jack!

And with my humblest apologies to @Memento, @Mackeyser & others, if I ever run into Jay Zygmunt anywhere, I might, just might, punch him in his big fat face!
tumblr_inline_pa3jy9nuoq1qzc4w7_500.jpg

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
There is a lot of honor going on in that draft room (see the vids of how Rams include everyone in the process---position coaches et al)....and 'niceness' maybe, too.

REally the Rams culture all changed with McVay, not the the owner and not the GM.
Same with Pats, the owner is a guy who knows when to say 'yes' to Belliboy, and that is it.
The owner doesn't have to have class, or honor or that stuff, the coach has to--and McVay has
that in spades!
THe owner only has to honor what he says...which is not so hard for most of them.

With all the 'nice' guy stuff going on with the Rams towards the players, the staff is intentional, serious and joyful...all things that business can be.

The only change I see that McVay needs:
he has to become less glorifying of players---that will lead to his downfall. Fisher was a lapdog to lazy players like Jenkins....who after he left the Rams became the pro bowler he should have been with he Rams.

He is young and so it is ok to kiss the players butts, but that has to stop. Players get away with being dogs (Suh) and a few others. Players like Fowler don't need the kiss butt, they need discipline...and the Rams ration that through "accountability" I guess....

But the Owner and GM choose and hired McVay :whistle:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
You guys just had to pull the scabs off of my Frontiere, Shaw, Zygmut wounds didn’t you?

Arrrrrgh!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I must comment about when I saw Jackie Slater walk out on the stage for this years draft pick announcement. I don't know if I've ever been so proud and in awe of the Rams franchise on draft day. It's like the Rams have been reborn and merged to play and dominate with the legacy and glory of our best historic players. For me, it was like we were always looking back at what we had, in regards to great players and teams. Now, when Jackie walks out, he's got some swagger and the Rams are talked about and watched with high regard and respect. These new glory years are really special.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Snead was hamstrung by Fisher's archaic way of doing things including player eval.

McVay and Snead's work relationship is key. Hopefully that continues to grow and excel and no petty rivalries develop.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Amen Brudda

The days of "that woman" and her freaking lying lawyer running a football team so that she had enough money to throw her cocktail parties and bounce the player's paychecks are almost completely out of our rearview mirror's view. There is just enough of it still barely visible though to still make it completely unsafe for that scumbag shaw to be in the same room as me. And that's a fact, Jack!

There was a rumor Vince was her Ball Boy !
It makes me lol just thinking about it. No disrespect to the ol’ Qb ,was just how things were run after Charle .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead was hamstrung by Fisher's archaic way of doing things including player eval.

McVay and Snead's work relationship is key. Hopefully that continues to grow and excel and no petty rivalries develop.

I don’t see that happening anytime soon. The 2 KEYS right now are Jared Goff to sign a fair long term contract, as well as Sean McVay so the franchise stays stable & strong !!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams hierarchy had a plan and the main focus of that was building a winning culture. They chose Sean McVay to implement that. Stan Kreonke gave Kevin Demoff and Les Snead the tools and power to do that.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

There is only so much discipline and accountability a coach can provide when it involves a highly paid player who is still the best option on the roster at his position. With Suh, the ultimate accountability ended up being the lack of even an attempt to bring him back in 2019. There's a strong chance that Fisher (In a make believe world where he coaches the Rams to a SB) would have pushed hard for keeping Suh after his playoff performance. I have a feeling the Suh discussion was the shortest conversation ever between McVay with Snead.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay deserves enormous cred, no doubt. But the truth is he's gotten it from the media as well as the owners hiring anyone they think might be McVay2. The dude is already second only to Belichick as a HC, to my eye at least, and at worst he's top 5 without a doubt which is elite range.

Snead, btw, also deserves cred for some very shrewd drafts and personnel acquisitions that gave this staff enough pieces to get us to the Super Bowl.

The dude who never gets cred, though, is Stan. And I also disagree strongly with the thought that the owner doesn't matter in the class dept. He does. In fact without that you'd never get a coach like McVay and even if you did luck into one he'd be gone and/or not get the support he requires for people to realize how good he is.

Since Stan took over as owner he hired the top HC on the market (and the guy all his players begged him to go get) in Jeff Fisher, whose failure (and by failure I mean mediocrity which is a far cry from most other owners) doesn't change the fact he was a hot commodity and Stan opened his checkbook and got his man. He's also solved the LA stadium crisis for the NFL. And his second hire is basically making history. There aren't many owners out there who have elevated a garbage franchise as quickly as Stan has done for the Rams, and that list is the HoF type owners so we're in for a great run with him owning our team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There was a rumor Vince was her Ball Boy !
It makes me lol just thinking about it. No disrespect to the ol’ Qb ,was just how things were run after Charle .

He nickname was The Italian Stallion... so who knows.

It always used to annoy the shit out of me when she would kiss various players on the sideline. I remember her having a special love of kissing Lansford the kicker. So fucking wrong and embarrassing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I believe the OP is correct in his praise for McVay and the positive atmosphere which now permeates the entire organization, although it was Les Snead who 'discovered' him, and their combined chemistry is what makes the Rams so successful today. These guys get along like old school chums, where Fisher seemed to treat Les more like the red-headed step child and aloof from any form of equal status. An older style GM might operate with an attitude where it's 'my way or the highway', ... Snead found a partner, not an underling. We hear about soul mates in marriage, these two 'complete' each other in a similar manner, they are two halves of a whole, allowing each to fulfill their area of expertise successfully, which one on his own is not likely to accomplish, at least not for awhile. And it's not only chemistry, they also have found a “mutual respect that exists” ,bonding them professionally. It took a lot of bravado for Snead to introduce this young upstart McVay to Kroenke, he might very well have had second thoughts about his GM bringing in some kid to coach the Rams, but as they say, ... the rest is history.