McNabb on RG3; "It's too much right now"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000208394/article/donovan-mcnabb-on-rg3-its-too-much-right-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -right-now</a>

Donovan McNabb is a fan of Robert Griffin III.

He's rooting for the Washington Redskins quarterback to succeed in his career, but McNabb's not shy about expressing his disapproval with some of Griffin's life choices in recent months.

"It's too much right now; it's just too much," McNabb said in a candid interview with The Washington Post. "I get some of things he's doing to draw attention to himself: the Adidas commercials, going out and enjoying the life of a young, famous NFL quarterback. I understand RG has a lot of stuff going on.

"But if you're coming off (anterior cruciate ligament) surgery, you don't need to be having a press conference at (organized team activities). Every week? Really? It becomes a circus, a sideshow. It takes away from the focus of what those sessions are supposed to be about: the team."

McNabb noted that when he was with the Philadelphia Eagles, former coach Andy Reid would "never let the injured guys become the story" if they weren't practicing.

"So when I look up on TV and see him up there talking all the time about how great he's doing -- or doing jumping jacks or someone else talking about his supernatural healing powers -- I wonder to myself: Is this about selling tickets to the fans or what?

"I don't blame him. They're letting him do it. But at some point, it can be counterproductive. You can set yourself up for more criticism later."

McNabb wasn't done. He questioned Griffin's father for giving an interview in which he explained he wanted to see his son pass more in 2013. McNabb also worried that RG3, coming off extensive knee surgery, is setting lofty expectations that will be difficult to match.

"Especially if Robert doesn't play at first or isn't right for the first eight weeks and it takes a while for him to become the player he was," McNabb said. "So what if you start 2-6 or 3-5? Then everybody wonders what happened, starts thinking, 'But wait, you told us he was great a few months ago. He told us he was great.' "

McNabb seems genuine in his criticism of Griffin. It doesn't come off as a rip-job, rather the thoughts of a man who knows what it's like to be a young star quarterback who's been given the world.

Of course, Griffin has a right to ask why McNabb felt he had to share his opinion in the media. Perhaps that will come up if the two ever sit down together.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Preach it, Donovan.
highprayer.gif

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think RG3 is going to need another injury plagued season before he starts to learn and adapt.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
"Maybe you should just take the year off Robert."

(Makes phone call)

"Hey Mike? Don. You know, McNabb! Hey, I heard you guys might need someone to fill in."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Translation : "Hey Robert when dealing with the press ,remember this song"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcj-V4dEkdQ[/youtube]

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
And once again.... we traded away this circus for a boat load of quality players. Hallelujah!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: McNabb on RG3; "It's too much right now"

Stranger said:
And once again.... we traded away this circus for a boat load of quality players. Hallelujah!!!

He's a bit an attention whore, to put it mildly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Re: McNabb on RG3;

CGI_Ram said:
Stranger said:

He wouldn't BE getting the attention he is now if he were here, the franchise he plays for is in the city with the most reporters per square inch in the world.

It's write about HIM or about the corporate greed monger racist homophobic sexist owner who refuse to change the teams name cuz it offends 15 people .

Donovan is however giving the kid good but prolly unwelcome advice,after all Donovan has been a black QB all his life and how long has RG ? HMMM ? :ww: :cool: :razzed: :yawn:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:
Stranger said:

He wouldn't BE getting the attention he is now if he were here, the franchise he plays for is in the city with the most reporters per square inch in the world.

It's write about HIM or about the corporate greed monger racist homophobic sexist owner who refuse to change the teams name cuz it offends 15 people .

Donovan is however giving the kid good but prolly unwelcome advice,after all Donovan has [hil]been a black QB all his life[/hil] and how long has RG ? HMMM ? :ww: :cool: :razzed: :yawn:
You know, that question appears to have never been asked of Doug Williams.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Stranger said:

fuck yea brother... and more to come lol!

I'm 300% on the 2nd pick trade, we got a lot of talent.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

X said:
Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:
Stranger said:

Donovan is however giving the kid good but prolly unwelcome advice,after all Donovan has [hil]been a black QB all his life[/hil] and how long has RG ? HMMM ? :ww: :cool: :razzed: :yawn:
You know, that question appears to have never been asked of Doug Williams.

See X that's why I love ya man you see right through me :lmao:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
All McNabb knows about being a top QB is he couldn't do it. You're a has been Donovan, shut the pie hole.

RG3 = Lindsey Lohan = Media whore.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the problem is that he is helping to generate hype that is going to be hard to live up to and life will be a bitch if he doesn't play like a pro bowler. If you help make yourself the topic of conversation you have to play lights out or the fans, Internet and sports talking heads will devour you.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found this image online:

So I FIXED it:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

CGI_Ram said:

CGI he works and plays in Washington DC....its where all real bonified attention whores go....it could be in the water too.

Hey I really like RG3 & believe ... if used the correct way will be great! But me thinks that what he is doing is what is expected from him & his brand that was purchased for Washington DC & their fans. Its sure brings the press and much desired nation wide attention to this growing city. What us would you expect from this city? :yay1:

RG3 is doing what everybody does in DC, but at least RG3 hands are not going in and out of my pockets. I like many here am very happy with what Snead & fisher did I prefer the old boring :bahumbug: traditional pocket passer myself & believe that surrounding this tried and true blue old traditional type player with foundational massive building blocks will pay off bigger dividends in long range returns (wins). :tu:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

BonifayRam said:
CGI_Ram said:

CGI he works and plays in Washington DC....its where all real bonified attention whores go....it could be in the water too.
So True !!!