McGregor vs Poirer Over too soon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched the 1 round battle. Ends with McGregor breaking his ankle or tibia/fibia. Gruesome break with less than 9 seconds left.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's likely a wrap to McGregor career. Shame.
I was so pumped for the fight, and agreed it was a terrible ending. I think he must have cracked it on one of his leg kicks and then it just caved in on him.
He survived that round and would have come out guns blazing in the 2nd, fight would have been over one way or the other within the first 2 minutes of round 2 had it happened
Alas...

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Looked like he was pivoting into a punch and his ankle just buckled under him.
From the replay and stills, it's amazing that the bone didnt come through.
Hopefully he recovers.
Skill wise, i don't think he had any more to offer than what we have seen since the Mayweather match.
He's made a fortune and has a few other businesses to capitilise from.
Fair play if he comes back though.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
That's the risk these MMA fighters take with leg kicks. Silva did it too. They try to bludgeon the other fighter's leg muscles so they can't stand up anymore then ground & pound, which works sometimes, but if you do it wrong you'll break your own leg.
Tough ending for McGregor's career but he'll be in the MMA HOF if there's such a thing.