Maybe not as Positive as it should be

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Tre Mason isn't that terrible here but it's still more than I would like to see. Why he can't be happy to be part of a potentially amazing duo I don't know. Stacy knows his time is short. Look at the jack ass comment on Masons tweet.
image.jpg
Not sure I like what our backfield is tweeting.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 144

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't blame him.

Slappy967

Starter
Stacy sees the writing on the wall, whereas Mason just wants to be THE workhorse back but that is not how Fisher gets down.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm excited about the duo. I think it could be great. Gurley is clearly the best of the group and its not even remotely close. It's just a shame, neither of them even tweeted a welcome. Damn near all the other guys seemed to. I can get Masons feelings but he should take the challenge. The one with the shittiest deal is Bam Cunningham. He had a great opportunity.

Slappy967

Starter
My question is what kind of trade value if any do Zac Stacy or Bam Bam have? I feel Stacy is the odd man out here judging by his lack of work last season

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just realized I posted those pics stupid.

image.jpg

jjab360

Legend
How is "fueled up" a bad thing? Sounds like he's motivated to prove himself.

And Stacy's tweet could easily be him excited about all the talent in the backfield. Though that one's a little less likely...

fancents86

Starter
I don't blame them. What have they done to deserve to have their touches limited? Seems like every year Fisher finds "his" running back, and I'm growing tired of the trend. Ya'll can keep on talking about the three headed monster or whatever, but we were saying that last year as well.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Great that Mason is fuelled up. I wouldn't want him to be anything other than that. Competition breeds success.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Not even the highest rated player available on the NFL's site and fits no team need at all. Oh, and as healthy as Bradford!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Saw this coming.

image.jpg
I don't think anyone could possib

jjab360

Legend
I don't blame them. What have they done to deserve to have their touches limited? Seems like every year Fisher finds "his" running back, and I'm growing tired of the trend. Ya'll can keep on talking about the three headed monster or whatever, but we were saying that last year as well.
What did Kendall Langford do to have his snaps limited? He didn't do anything wrong, he was a good DT, he just wasn't special. Aaron Donald is special. Todd Gurley is special.

fancents86

Starter
What did Kendall Langford do to have his snaps limited? He didn't do anything wrong, he was a good DT, he just wasn't special. Aaron Donald is special. Todd Gurley is special.
Langford was slipping, Donald is a beast and was not injured when he was drafted. Also there were not 6 guys behind Langford waiting for a chance to play.

This scenario kinda reminds me of that friend that owes you money, and he/she keeps telling you he/she will pay you back soon, meanwhile they're out buying lavish items. Fisher owes us a winning season. I understand that Gurley maybe special, but he's not going to single handedly give us a winning season. Fisher needs to fix our needs first an foremost, after that he can have fun with his lavish picks.

Last edited:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's just saying he got the message and he's motivated to show how good the is...nothing to see here

dhaab

Rookie
This scenario kinda reminds me of that friend that owes you money, and he/she keeps telling you he/she will pay you back soon, meanwhile they're out buying lavish items. Fisher owes us a winning season. I understand that Gurley maybe special, but he's not going to single handedly give us a winning season. Fisher needs to fix our needs first an foremost, after that he can have fun with his lavish picks.

This is football, there wasn't any guys left who could "single handedly give us a winning season". We picked the best player available. If we would have selected an o-lineman, we would have been selecting a player that wasn't top 10 caliber. I love the pick.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Langford was slipping, Donald is a beast and was not injured when he was drafted. Also there were not 6 guys behind Langford waiting for a chance to play.

That's baloney. Langford was coming off his best season with the team. In fact, probably his best season in the NFL.

Team needs don't influence player availability when it comes to the NFL draft. It's a mistake to attempt to fill a need with a lesser rated player as you increase the chances that a position may be only filled with a body, but the need still might exist.

BTW, as I mentioned earlier this offseason, minus that big run vs. the Raiders where the defender blew his assignment, Mason only averaged 3.9 yards per carry just like Stacy the year before.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
What's is positive about it? The Rams wasted a 1st round pick on a position they were set at.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's baloney. Langford was coming off his best season with the team. In fact, probably his best season in the NFL.

Team needs don't influence player availability when it comes to the NFL draft. It's a mistake to attempt to fill a need with a lesser rated player as you increase the chances that a position may be only filled with a body, but the need still might exist.

BTW, as I mentioned earlier this offseason, minus that big run vs. the Raiders where the defender blew his assignment, Mason only averaged 3.9 yards per carry just like Stacy the year before.

Tre Mason averaged 5.9 yards per carry at Auburn. Counting Average YPC is a very subjective stat. How many YPC would he have had with Dallas? I don't think any back can have a high YPC average behind half of an offensive line, that the Rams ran out there...2/5 of an NFL offensive line actually.

I think they were fine at RB but I get picking BPA too. Gurley is an upgrade a la Donald, however the knee negates some of that for me. They cannot even be certain at this point if Gurley can play at the same level. And knees are not a sure thing with modern medicine. Healing is an individual thing, ask Marcus Lattimore.

If Gurley's knee holds up it is a great pick. If his knee blows out again it is a bust. Boom or bust is not my preferred path, but playing it safe is in my nature. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed every time he runs the ball and hoping he can have a long career without any significant injuries.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Tre Mason averaged 5.9 yards per carry at Auburn. Counting Average YPC is a very subjective stat. How many YPC would he have had with Dallas? I don't think any back can have a high YPC average behind half of an offensive line, that the Rams ran out there...2/5 of an NFL offensive line actually.

I think they were fine at RB but I get picking BPA too. Gurley is an upgrade a la Donald, however the knee negates some of that for me. They cannot even be certain at this point if Gurley can play at the same level. And knees are not a sure thing with modern medicine. Healing is an individual thing, ask Marcus Lattimore.

If Gurley's knee holds up it is a great pick. If his knee blows out again it is a bust. Boom or bust is not my preferred path, but playing it safe is in my nature. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed every time he runs the ball and hoping he can have a long career without any significant injuries.

Loved him at Auburn. Love him with the Rams. But, that Auburn offense with it's hurry up aspect and mis-direction with the treat of Nick Marshall (whom I hope the Rams draft) running on zone reads didn't hurt his cause any. Cameron Artis Payne ran for 5.3 ypc last year (minus Greg Robinson).

fancents86

Starter
Dhaab, Memphis, 6 o line men were grabbed after the Rams picked Gurley. Are you saying NONE of those guys coulda helped us?