Matt Longacre being placed on IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
56ec348d7df18.image.jpg

When AAA showed up I told them I ran outta gas.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Harrison's agent probably had bellichick on hold while he was getting the news from the Steelers. I don't like either team, especially their qbs, so would love to see Harrison wreak some havoc in the AFC Championship.

Ram65

Legend
IIRC Longacre was getting 40% of the snaps like around 26 plays. I looked it up for another thread. That's a lot of snaps to replace. He came in a got pressure and sacks. Rams don't have enough pass rushers. Now have less. He will be missed.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The lost of Matt Longacre is another big problem to overcome. Has the Vikings or the Eagles have any injuries to their defenses the last 2 months? I sure do not know of any. I would expect that Cody Davis is brought up from the IR to take Matt Longacre's roster spot.

The Carlos Thompson addition in for Longacre is a bad trade-off. Myself I see nothing in Thompson that would bring a smile to my old mug. There's not much there to discuss on him other than he looks the part standing on the sideline. Seems that Wade likes him enough that he is going with him over his own late 3rd day draft selection drafted Ejuan Price. This is a negative here. Carlos had 2 tacks & Ebukam had 1 last Sunday.

The positive is both our starting OLB'ers are improving & coming out on top here @ the end of the season. Our veterans Rob Quinn & Conner Barwin are solid & healthy! The important main reserve is Samson Ebukam. One would say that Ebukam will now fill the Longacre role. The issue is who will be able to fill the Ebukam role well enough. If Barron was healthy we might see more of Cory Littleton on the outside but Barron could be heading to the same place that Longacre went thus Cory is needed inside. There also WWC OLB Kasim Edebali who has played on four different NFL teams & several starts back in 2015/2016.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
Damn. Longacre has been a gem. But someone's gotta step up. That's what makes a championship team.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Damn. Longacre has been a gem. But someone's gotta step up. That's what makes a championship team.
I just hope that Barron is going to be able to play some meaningful snaps. Obviously, Barron should be rested against the 49ers. If he is out then I will really be worried about our depth on defense. Even though Troy Hill has been playing well, NRC has been great, I wish Kayvon Webster was still healthy.

I know that this team can overcome the injuries, but it is a bit worrisome that the defense is missing some key pieces.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This sucks big time because he was playing well this year, very nearly starter quality.

Alright, next man up!
Your right Les! very Sad to see one of our Best Rotational players go down after Playing all season, just when we are going to the Playoff!

I hope we see him on the sidelines during our playoff run!

But, as you said, Next Man UP!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IIRC Longacre was getting 40% of the snaps like around 26 plays. I looked it up for another thread. That's a lot of snaps to replace. He came in a got pressure and sacks. Rams don't have enough pass rushers. Now have less. He will be missed.

No doubt. Losing him and GZ aren't big headline type losses, but both are very big hits to this roster and our chances. Rams wouldn't be where they are now without Longacre's contributions to the edge early this season, while Quinn was adjusting to this defense.

It's a damn good thing Quinn's been coming on. But yes, we still have to replace some depth snaps and I have to think the only viable option is Ebukam. I'd line him up at starting ROLB vs the whiners and let go the leash. With my fingers crossed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I should have figured something was wrong with him...he hadn't played like himself for a month or 2.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Curious if they will bring Price back up or our newest Practice Squader Garrett Sickels ?

During his college career at Penn State, Sickels recorded 94 tackles, 21.5 tackles for a loss, 11.5 sacks, a forced fumble, two recoveries and a pass defense over the course of 33 games.

A lot can happen in 24 hours when a coach decides to play his reserves in the final regular season game. Now appears as if Sickels made the 53 while Price remains on the Practice Squad. Recent pick-up Kasim Edebali has apparently been cut to make space.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gonna predict it right now: Ebukam will have a huge night.