Manziel will flop

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
I am on record that JM will be a flop at the next level. I know many like him, and I get it. I felt this way when Tebow came out- I knew he didn't have the arm. I feel the same way about JM. I know he is exciting, I know he puts butts in the stands (much like Tebow)- but I feel he is more hype than anything. I don't think that style of play will translate well to the NFL. I know how unpopular this thought is, but I base this on tons of game tape. I don't think he can make throws in the tight windows of the NFL. He will have many Sportscenter highlites, but I don't think he will turn those into wins. If I were drafting a QB- I would go Bortles- who I think will be the much better pro. We will find out.

RamsFan14

Starter
Personally, I think Bridgewater will be the best of the bunch. He seems like the most accurate QB in this draft and seems like a really smart football player, both huge qualities to have.

Manziel is tough to analyze for me honestly... I wanted to compare him to Tebow at first, but I think Manziel can throw the football better then Tebow. Tebow's biggest problem were his slow and inaccurate mechanics. While Manziel ain't perfect when it comes to accuracy, I wouldn't put his accuracy on the level of Tebow's, that's just me. Manziel should put on more weight though (something Tebow didn't need to worry about and if anything was a huge strength for him) because the pounding he's going to take at the NFL is going to be much bigger then college. I think Manziel can be good or bad, either way for me personally. Have to give it more thought.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Personally, I think Bridgewater will be the best of the bunch. He seems like the most accurate QB in this draft and seems like a really smart football player, both huge qualities to have.

Manziel is tough to analyze for me honestly... I wanted to compare him to Tebow at first, but I think Manziel can throw the football better then Tebow. Tebow's biggest problem were his slow and inaccurate mechanics. While Manziel ain't perfect when it comes to accuracy, I wouldn't put his accuracy on the level of Tebow's, that's just me. Manziel should put on more weight though (something Tebow didn't need to worry about and if anything was a huge strength for him) because the pounding he's going to take at the NFL is going to be much bigger then college. I think Manziel can be good or bad, either way for me personally. Have to give it more thought.

Agree with everything you said.

tbux

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hear ya 14 - not even the accuracy as it is the arm strength for me. When he was forced in the pocket, he struggled. He did his best when improvising- which in the NFL will be much harder- everyone is bigger and faster. I don't see it, but if I am wrong- I will be the first to admit it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Manziel and Clowney have been my biggest fears of bustdom (that's a word now) in this draft.

Manziel for pretty much why you said. Clowney because of the attitude related red flags.

Alan

Legend
tbux thinking like me:
I am on record that JM will be a flop at the next level.
I'm with you on this tbux. I don't think his skills and decision making will be good enough for the NFL.

Of course now he'll probably be PB material but I don't think so.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm ur huckleberry. For the sake of argument, I will say that JM will have an amazing rookie season and total 30+ tds throwing and running.

#bold

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
Faceplant with total confidence:
I'm ur huckleberry. For the sake if argument, I will say that JM will have an amazing rookie season and total 30+ tds throwing and running.

#bold
That's an impressive statement. I like it.

So what did you think of his last two games in college?

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's an impressive statement. I like it.

So what did you think of his last two games in college?
I thought he looked like a QB that was playing through a not so insignificant thumb injury. Looked eerily familiar actually ....

Alan

Legend
That's interesting. I watched those games and I noticed happy feet and bad decision making. He was under a lot of pressure in both games and it rattled him I thought. A quick look downfield and he wanted to run. Obviously you didn't see that. I hope he doesn't get injured so that we can see the truth play out. If he goes to a team with a pretty good offense it will give him a chance.

Who do you think is going to draft him?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Johnny Football will make some teams average OL and skill player look a whole lot better than average.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That's interesting. I watched those games and I noticed happy feet and bad decision making. He was under a lot of pressure in both games and it rattled him I thought. A quick look downfield and he wanted to run. Obviously you didn't see that. I hope he doesn't get injured so that we can see the truth play out. If he goes to a team with a pretty good offense it will give him a chance.

He was playing hurt. Shouldn't have been on the field.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I'm on record stating Johnny Football will play in the Pro Bowl Someday. That's all.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
OK. Who do you think is going to draft him?

I don't know.... If he gets by Houston and the Jags, the Vikings will take him. He's a plug and play dude. He'd be an upgrade over Vick (assuming the Vikings are looking at Vick).

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor

To be truthful, I did not watch either of the last 2 games in their entirety, but saw enough that I could tell he wasn't anywhere close to 100%.I saw enough in his college career to make me think he has the ability to play well at this level. My only concern is his ballerina frame, lolz. As far as who might draft him..... That is tough. He will be the enigma of this draft me thinks. Could go top 3...could go 3rd round (partially joking here). I think teams like the raiduhs, vikings or even cleveland could be a possibility.

Alan

Legend
Minnesota has an outdoor stadium doesn't it? Not a good place for a smaller QB I'd think. That whole division would be tough for him I'd think. The Texans or the jags would be ideal.

Although I still think he'll flop I'd like him to have a good chance to prove me wrong.

tbux

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Notice everyone has him as a flop or pro bowler- not much in between polarizing for sure.

How is he an upgrade over Vick- who has a much stronger arm, and been in the league many years ? doubt that- surely not this year anyways. He would get crushed in Minny- but that's jmo.