Making the Hall of Fame call on 12 current players, including Matthew Stafford and Tyreek Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

Making the Hall of Fame call on 12 current players, including Matthew Stafford and Tyreek Hill​

Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce, the two main pillars of the Kansas City Chiefs' current dynasty, will undoubtedly be immortalized in the Pro Football Hall of Fame when their careers are over. Several other current NFL players are shoo-ins, too, but what about the dozen or so current players whose future Hall of Fame candidacy isn't as certain?

To find that answer, my CBS Sports NFL colleagues Tyler Sullivan, Jared Dubin, Garrett Podell, Jeff Kerr, Cody Benjamin, Jordan Dajani, Shanna McCarriston, and Kyle Stackpole helped me make the call on 12 current players who have compelling cases but aren't currently considered Hall of Fame locks. In order to be considered, a player has to currently be on a roster and have played at least eight seasons.

With all of the votes tallied, here's a look at each player and whether or not we feel their career is currently good enough for induction in Canton, Ohio. I've included how many votes each player received, out of a possible nine. A player needed to get a majority of the votes (five being the minimum) in order to get the nod as a future Hall of Famer.

READ

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Garbage. Basing ANYTHING on pro bowl appearances is whack. Those are popularity contests and Detroit ain't a popular place.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can the story of the NFL be told without him?
No.
Matthew is currently #11 on the all time passing list and will likely finish at #9 or higher before he's through. He struggled through all of those years in Detroit and in the first year with the Rams he leads them to a win in Super Bowl 56
"He's Stat Padford.:
"He's never won a playoff game"

He proved all of the doubters wrong and that's a great story.