Lukas Denis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dirigo

Rookie
Name
Andrew
The Eric Weddle signing is just a short term fix at free safety. However, the EW acquisition does allow the Rams the luxury to take a safety in the later rounds and groom him under Weddle and/or JJ. I wonder if the Rams would consider taking a flier on JJ’s buddy Lukas Denis at Boston College. The Rams probably could get Denis in the 4th or 5th round.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think there will be better players available in that range. Denis is light in the shorts (180 lbs ) and only ran a 4.6 / 40 at the combine. In comparison, his teammate, Will Harris ran a 4.4 /40 @ 6'2" / 195 lbs.
Jaquan Johnson & Sheldrick Redwine (Miami), Darnell Savage (Maryland), and Marquise Blair (Utah) all show the range to play Sgl high Safety at times. And, a couple of them should slip into the 4th & 5th round.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Denis is a less aggressive Joyner IMO. Good cover guy but lacks speed to play deep safety. Smart kid with good instincts, likely fits as a slot cover guy maybe. His lack of physicality is my only concern with him. Not a good open field tackler against a running back and struggles to take down WRs sometimes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Denis is a rangy FS with great ball-skills, but he's allergic to tackling and takes terrible angles. I really tried to convince myself to like him because I love his cover and playmaking ability as a single-high, but I just could not put up with his inability to tackle.