Luis Perez?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I usually pull for the Underdog so I am wondering if ANYONE thinks QB Luis Perez has any chance to make the Rams final roster (Active or PS).

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
With the practice limitations by the CBA I don’t think he will really get a fair shot at showing off his skills to in seat mannion and/or Allen for a roster spot and I doubt think teams like wasting a ps spot on a qb. So I’d say highly doubtful he even gets close to earning a spot

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am so over Mannion. I hope one of these guys performs better, and we can let this Arena Football QB do his thing there...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Everybody loves a great underdog story and Perez was sent from Central Casting. Add in the fact he's fluent in Spanish and IMO, you keep him on the practice for the Mexico City game alone. Overall I believe Mannion will be the backup to Goff, however, if Perez shows enough, he could make the practice squad.

The other possibility that I am hoping for is Mannion plays lights out along with Brandon Allen and the Rams trade Mannion for a draft choice, Allen becomes the backup and Perez makes the practice squad. I'm one of the few that like Sean Mannion, however, Allen does have the ability to escape the pocket and the Rams have truly never had a Quarterback that had the ability to do that and for those who will post "Pat Haden.:" I have removed Haden from my memory unless @jakebogen95 interviews him on a future throwback Thursday.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Allen on the 53 or Perez on the practice squad seems to be what the Rams are looking. Dont see Perez making the 53.

dang

Legend
I have nothing against Mannion but he seems to just be hanging around (vs pushing himself to get better) and feel we would be in serious trouble if he had to start. For that reason I hope Perez or Allen shows a little more in training camp this year.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Considering I've heard nothing good about Mannion in camp and more positove about Perez, I would think theres a chance.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Perez is getting some sort of special attention on the first day of camp. I haven't made the last two days but will be there Sunday and Monday. I'll see what they are doing with him then and report back.

Personal opinion: PS is a strong possibility. No one is going to raid our PS for a QB that would have to be placed on the active roster. However, if he is released, he could be picked up on another teams PS. I like his chances so far...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they really like him then yeah I'd have to think the plan would be the PS. Best thing he can do is light it up in preseason and get his name out there, which will either force the Rams' hands to PS him or get him a look with another team.

But he's a severe longshot. I'd say right around zero percent chance to make the active roster.

jjab360

Legend
I just can't see him making it at QB3 over Brandon Allen who I think is good enough to compete with Mannion at QB2 and probably win the spot.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
T. J. Rubley? :hiding:

Didn't start enough games IMHO, but Rubley could run, that's for sure. Overall though a consistent starter for a couple of seasons, James Harris was pretty good at that, he had the ability to escape move the chains, IMO, the best the Rams have had in their history.