LOVE THIS DRAFT!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Haven't seen the 7th rounders and/or UDFAs, but so far, I LOVE this draft.

I realize some folks think we reached.

I disagree.

For each pick, when I took a first look, there were things that jumped out to me.

Moreover, I love that we used FA for right now guys and the draft for the future/depth.

I dunno that anyone who sticks..starts. That said, I think we've gotten some really nice 1st year contributors and depth at critical areas.

I'm so excited for this season and this draft really worked out for us.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
These are all late picks, and 5th, 6th, 7th rounders often don't even make the roster. 3's and 4's have a slightly better chance but who knows.

We will see what happens in camp.

There has to be a gem or two in the mix.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
There are players I and others would have preferred but it's hard to argue that we didn't address positions of need. Every one of us wanted LB and OLine help and we got it. We added a backup RB, a NT and a DE. We have one pick left that could be just about anything at this point. I agree, I might not love all the players but for filling our perceived needs it's a solid A from me.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
There are players I and others would have preferred but it's hard to argue that we didn't address positions of need. Every one of us wanted LB and OLine help and we got it. We added a backup RB, a NT and a DE. We have one pick left that could be just about anything at this point. I agree, I might not love all the players but for filling our perceived needs it's a solid A from me.
Actually we have 2 picks left, 231 and 244.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3rd Joe Noteboom OT A+ This guy is gonna surprise people. His footwork is elite and he's almost a clone of Whit. Under Kromer and Whit, this guy is gonna be a STUD.

4th Brian Allen C B+ Super solid guy who has held his own against solid competition. Smart and durable. He's the kind of guy you want at C. He can play all the interior positions.

4th John-Franklin-Meyers DE B This is a guy to develop to potentially replace Brockers in 2019. These are the kinds of picks winners make. Brockers is likely to ball out, but we can only pay so many players and with AD, Peters, Cooks, Goff, Gurley...that's a LOT of top contracts.

5th Micah Kiser ILB A+ interior thumper who's already an order of magnitude better than Ogletree ever was and frees up one of the best cover LBs in Barron to do that. We needed to improve our interior run D and between Suh and Kiser, we've done just that.

5th Obo Okoronkwo OLB A+ Edge with speed, burst, motor, multiple rush moves, excellent hands. With Wade, this guy is maybe the steal of the draft. He could potentially be the DROY, that's how good a fit this is.

6th John Kelly RB A Excellent North/South runner with speed and balance. Keeps his shoulders square and trucks much bigger people. He's a load and will embarrass some pros on game day as they get run over. Also excellent in the pass game. Fantastic compliment for Gurley who touched the ball too much last season.

6th Jamil Demby OG B+ This could be much higher if he outplays Jamon Brown who started to really come around last year. Another durable 4 year starter with good feet.

6th Sebastian Joseph DT B This was almost a need pick as Suh seems to be a 1 year deal. He has to be better against the run than Tyrunn Walker or 2019 will be a year they look for an NT in FA. He's got the ability to step up.

6th Trevon Young Edge B+ This might be an A+ paired with Okoronkwo. Not that I don't like Ebukam. I do. Point is that Young may be a super steal as he recovers from his hip in 2015. Towards the end of last year, he really came on and if he'd had a full year at that pace, he's a day 2 player, easily. I honestly think these guys under Philips may just be our rush tandem in 2019 and beyond.

I'd talk about our 7th (we have two), but...even nfl.com is at commercial during our pick. NFL Network isn't even pretending to cover the picks anymore.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I give our draft an A+.

Brandon Cooks, Marcus Peters, some potential plugs on the Oline, a couple promising late round LBers and a possible 3rd RB.

Whats not to like?

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
It's kinda early with any of them to judge them obviously unlike higher pick guys you get more of an idea who they are going to be due to coverage and competition. It's hard for me to rate these picks with a A or B status simply for the fact most are backup/developmental guys. Of the very few that have a chance to start namely the edge guys and ILB they will be at a severe disadvantage heading into the season compared to guys who has been here for years which means they are more than likely roster casualties or back ups as well. All that said I for sure look forward to seeing one or a few them rising to the occasion. My favorite stories.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It's kinda early with any of them to judge them obviously unlike higher pick guys you get more of an idea who they are going to be due to coverage and competition. It's hard for me to rate these picks with a A or B status simply for the fact most are backup/developmental guys. Of the very few that have a chance to start namely the edge guys and ILB they will be at a severe disadvantage heading into the season compared to guys who has been here for years which means they are more than likely roster casualties or back ups as well. All that said I for sure look forward to seeing one or a few them rising to the occasion. My favorite stories.

Oh, I don't mean these grades to be final.

I mean them from a fit/potential perspective.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The thing is, if none of these guys pan out... well, thats what happens with so many late picks.

But if 2 or 3 become key contributors in a year or two, this draft will be a big win for Snead and the Rams and the McVay era will continue on its steady course towards sustainable excellence.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pretty sure just made a major upgrade of the bottom of the roster. solidified thin positions. Rams will be going into the season with very good depth.

My draft grade "B"

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The thing is, if none of these guys pan out... well, thats what happens with so many late picks.

But if 2 or 3 become key contributors in a year or two, this draft will be a big win for Snead and the Rams and the McVay era will continue on its steady course towards sustainable excellence.

What's good is that all of them have the potential to stick.

We've been through drafts where we KNEW "that guy isn't gonna make the 53"

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It sure seems like the "?" rating is popular these days lol

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Oh, I don't mean these grades to be final.

I mean them from a fit/potential perspective.
Don't mean as a criticism just kinda blah about this draft class until OTA's, TC, and pre season!lol

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3rd Joe Noteboom OT A+ This guy is gonna surprise people. His footwork is elite and he's almost a clone of Whit. Under Kromer and Whit, this guy is gonna be a STUD.

4th Brian Allen C B+ Super solid guy who has held his own against solid competition. Smart and durable. He's the kind of guy you want at C. He can play all the interior positions.

4th John-Franklin-Meyers DE B This is a guy to develop to potentially replace Brockers in 2019. These are the kinds of picks winners make. Brockers is likely to ball out, but we can only pay so many players and with AD, Peters, Cooks, Goff, Gurley...that's a LOT of top contracts.

5th Micah Kiser ILB A+ interior thumper who's already an order of magnitude better than Ogletree ever was and frees up one of the best cover LBs in Barron to do that. We needed to improve our interior run D and between Suh and Kiser, we've done just that.

5th Obo Okoronkwo OLB A+ Edge with speed, burst, motor, multiple rush moves, excellent hands. With Wade, this guy is maybe the steal of the draft. He could potentially be the DROY, that's how good a fit this is.

6th John Kelly RB A Excellent North/South runner with speed and balance. Keeps his shoulders square and trucks much bigger people. He's a load and will embarrass some pros on game day as they get run over. Also excellent in the pass game. Fantastic compliment for Gurley who touched the ball too much last season.

6th Jamil Demby OG B+ This could be much higher if he outplays Jamon Brown who started to really come around last year. Another durable 4 year starter with good feet.

6th Sebastian Joseph DT B This was almost a need pick as Suh seems to be a 1 year deal. He has to be better against the run than Tyrunn Walker or 2019 will be a year they look for an NT in FA. He's got the ability to step up.

6th Trevon Young Edge B+ This might be an A+ paired with Okoronkwo. Not that I don't like Ebukam. I do. Point is that Young may be a super steal as he recovers from his hip in 2015. Towards the end of last year, he really came on and if he'd had a full year at that pace, he's a day 2 player, easily. I honestly think these guys under Philips may just be our rush tandem in 2019 and beyond.

I'd talk about our 7th (we have two), but...even nfl.com is at commercial during our pick. NFL Network isn't even pretending to cover the picks anymore.
Thanks for this Mack ...been out of country most of the year so I’m way out of the loop on the draft especially the later round guys. You’re one of the posters who’s opinion I value. Seems we’ve had a solid draft. Hope you’re right

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
What's good is that all of them have the potential to stick.

We've been through drafts where we KNEW "that guy isn't gonna make the 53"
.... or worse yet years where a guy shouldnt make the final 53, but will because the roster was so bad.