Lots of good news and some bad news...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Good news first.

By tonight there will be only 8 teams left in the playoffs and Rams are one of them. Two more Ram wins and we’re back in the SB. And we all know that in the playoffs anything can happen in a short series.

We’ve got the best D in the playoffs and they seem to still be improving. That’s huge.

Cam Akers must really be healthy after all. Ram running game was crucial in that win over Seahawks.

Everybody knows that strong D’s and running games travel very well.

Ram ST are playing better although they still need to tighten up their coverage units.

In all, that’s quite a lot of substantial good news.

Now, the bad news.

It’s a shame that Rams must deploy either a starter with an injured thumb and possibly some confidence issues OR a youngster with a whopping 5 quarters of NFL experience AND literally just returning from the hospital. NOT the way any sane Coach or fan would draw it up, that’s for sure.

Also, there are a few new injury questions about key starters.

AD
Kupp
Hendy
Edwards

Here’s hoping that all will be able to play and play effectively for the next game.

Don’t know about you, but I’m pretty happy and hopeful right about now. Rams are in a relatively good place and while they will surely be underdogs this weekend, they are NOT gonna be hopelessly outclassed. Could be another entertaining playoff game for Ram fans.

As an aside, I wonder if there’s another fairytale ending in store? Like ‘99, maybe? Injured and underestimated QB with fractured thumb comes off the bench to win playoff game after playoff game? And eventually the SB? Don’t laugh outright because Ram fans have seen this kind of a movie before.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Didn't Kurt win us the SB with broken ribs? You never know what can happen

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My expectations going in was to make the playoffs after a down year. Mission accomplished and then some. It's all gravy from here on out for this fan.

IMO Aaron Donald is the #1 concern. I'm confident the Rams will overcome the other current injury question marks including at QB. If the Rams go deep it will be because the run game is working and the defense continues to dominate.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Same for me, when Goff broke him thumb and our running backs were hurt I thought for sure the season was over, then I was just happy to make the playoffs but beating the Shithawks was glorious, I'm happy with this year no matter what happens now

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Kupp contusion no biggie. AD no broken ribs, the beast will wreck whoever is next in line.

QB, gotta love how Goff stepped up but Akers being able to run effectively is key. Having Whitworth back to solidify the left side might be the biggest positive.

I really think Wolford was going to engineer a major ass whopping if not for the cheap shot from Adams.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Donald expected to play

X-Rays were negative , and could have gone back in the game yesterday

TXRams86

The Infamous
Great news for Donald. He contributes in more ways that what we see him doing on the field. Just knowing that he's going to play next game is going to make teams game plan around his presence and it's going to keep our defense pumped.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Bad news is it will be 13 degrees next weekend in Green Bay and that's where we'll be headed. How does a surgically repaired thumb with 3 pins in it perform in that environment? Especially given Goff's history of playing in cold weather.

I have zero doubt AD will be back and playing.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Bad news is it will be 13 degrees next weekend in Green Bay and that's where we'll be headed. How does a surgically repaired thumb with 3 pins in it perform in that environment? Especially given Goff's history of playing in cold weather.

I heard 23 degrees

I’d favor the More physical team

And as usual you never miss an opportunity to crap on our QB

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Donald grabbed his abs for what it's worth. Unless he has a different physiology than me, my ribs are nowhere near that low.

Guessing he stained his obliques when he grabbed, turned and twisted to bring Russell down. Probably took an IV in the locker room just in case it was related to dehydration.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Donald expected to play

X-Rays were negative , and could have gone back in the game yesterday

How big was it to have both Fox, SJD, A'Shawn Robinson, Brockers and Gaines getting enough penetration and being so disruptive that AD could not risk future injury and let them shine?

I think it means everything for this defense.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Why is it we are only stuck with an injured Goff and Wolford? Didnt we resign Bortles?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

If he can't make the throws guys this week on practice...I think workman may still be the guy. That being said the defense may get a spark from Goff and win for him as playing like that can galvanize a team even more. These guys play hard to win and for one another. Funny Wolford was or could have been that spark now back to Goff.....my thinking is this defense will rally around both guys as both seem to be showing heart. Woolf wanting to comeback with his teammates and Goff playing with 3 pins. We also may see a taysum hill type situation as well. Goff showed toughness but taking a look from a different angle certain throws need to be made so let's see where this week takes us.

Hopefully we are a late Sunday game for more time to heal even though later the game colder the temp lol.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
It’s a shame that Rams must deploy either a starter with an injured thumb and possibly some confidence issues

I believe we might be witnessing the making of J Goff. The dressing room are going to be ignited behind him after that gutsy performance. We gain confidence from the people around us and QBs are no different

If he played after 12 days, then what can Goff do with 19 or 20 days?

McVay needs to stick with the run. Lets give up on the Reynolds experiment, it hasn't worked and he doesn't deserve to be in the starting lineup. Why not draw up 3 or 4 specific plays for him, where he gets to use his length vs a safety or nickel back?

Last edited: