Looking at other leagues for backups

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
So I've noticed lately some NFL teams like the: Saints, Colts, Giants, Bengals, Steelers, and the Lions. Have signed some guys from other Leagues, The (CFL, IFL, AFl, etc.)

How come the Rams never look into any of these guys as depth options. I mean why not take a chance on players in the other leagues. Like Mike Huey or Keith Williams.

Huey was a good lineman 3x Arena bowl champ a 26 years old and Plays G/T. "

Keith Willaims plays was a former 6th rd Draft pick for the Steelers. The guy was a decent lineman and is only 26. Guy has a great upswing has looked good in the AFL.

And a scouting report on him HERE|

Both players as can be seen HERE (Keith Williams #68, Michael Huey #69)

**Both players play for the Arizona Rattlers of the AFL

So basically after all of ^^^^^^^^ that ranting

My question is: "How come the Rams (Snisher) don't look outside the draft for quality backup/depth players?"

Last edited:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Now this is thinking "out of the box." I like it. Hard to say why they haven't? Too conventional I would say, or don't have a "set" scouting dept. set up?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
They actually did do this a couple of years ago with a right tackle from the CFL. Had competition from other teams for him too. Can't remember his name. Had him in for a workout but let him return to his old team in the CFL. Just because they haven't signed anyone doesn't mean they haven't been looking.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are you sure Snisher never looks at these areas!? How do you know!?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox

CoachO

Hall of Fame
My question is: "How come the Rams (Snisher) don't look outside the draft for quality backup/depth players?"

Sorry for me to pour cold water on your "rant"...... But you can't be serious questioning Fisher and Snead when it comes to finding players "outside of the draft"?

Hekker, A. Davis, B. Cunningham, Harkey, Reynolds, C. Davis, McQuaide, Roberson, McLeod, Watts, Bates, Barnes, Bayer, Westbrooks. All are UDFA who have are a part of this roster.

If there is one area the Rams have done pretty well, is identifying and bringing in guys who haven't been part of the draft. For every player that makes it in the NFL from these "other leagues", there are hundreds who don't.

You found TWO names. I listed 13 on THIS roster alone who were "outside the draft".

jjab360

Legend
I guarantee they are looking at guys in other leagues, they have scouts for that and every so often they'll bring a guy in like Andrew Hawkins and Jovan Olafioye, even though neither one worked out.