Looking at Defensive Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've allowed 3 D/ST TDs - if the Steelers haven't allowed any (I've watched quite a few of their games and I don't think they have), we actually have the number one scoring D in the NFL

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've allowed 3 D/ST TDs - if the Steelers haven't allowed any (I've watched quite a few of their games and I don't think they have), we actually have the number one scoring D in the NFL

Surely they're not included in any defensive stats. Pretty useless stats if they are.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Have to go back to the 70s for the last time a Rams defense rated this highly in both yards given up and points allowed.

TexasRam

Legend
We are the best team in the NFC. It's just going to be a matter of staying healthy, knock on wood. And bringing our A game in the playoffs.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a great year it has been. As Ram fans, we have gotten spoiled by the offense blowing teams out, and that's what we all hope for. Instead, it's been the defense that has become dominant. I will admit I had my doubts earlier this year... maybe the D was just lucky or "opportunistic" for a few games. But after seeing that performance against Seattle and Tampa Bay, especially Tampa Bay, this defense is smothering. Floyd, Williams, Fuller... three "all stars" added to what was already a very good D.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Steelers #1 in total ppg against: 17.4 defensive points allowed 17.4 ppg
Rams #2 total ppg against: 19.2 defensive points allowed 16.9 ppg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Defenses lay eggs some games too, so, they won’t be perfect going forward....

But... maybe along the lines of @RamDino.... One thing that’s kicked in for me watching this defense... A confidence to just sit back and watch, knowing they may not stop them every drive, but they will stop them.

It’s awesome. Feels “good” and any anxiousness about point scoring lessened. This team has balance. We can win two ways.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defenses lay eggs some games too, so, they won’t be perfect going forward....

But... maybe along the lines of @RamDino.... One thing that’s kicked in for me watching this defense... A confidence to just sit back and watch, knowing they may not stop them every drive, but they will stop them.

It’s awesome. Feels “good” and any anxiousness about point scoring lessened. This team has balance. We can win two ways.
homer

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And the Steelers played three tough opponents who are not offensive Juggernauts. They literally have the weakest schedule in football this year

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Surely they're not included in any defensive stats. Pretty useless stats if they are.

It's in points allowed. So if you just check the points allowed in the standings, I think we're 18 points more than the Steelers, which means actual scoring d is better. Our d has also allowed a 1 yard TD against the Dolphins and that FG against the Bucs where they didn't pick up a first down. Again I'm not sure how much of that the Steelers have but I don't think it's as much as us. Amazing how good this defense is.

FWIW, the opposite happens too - in McVays first season everyone said we averaged the most points per game, which was true - BUT - off the top of my head, we had:

Pick 6 against the Colts
Kick return and blocked punt return against Jags
Blocked punt return against Philly

We also had an INT returned to the one by NRC against the Niners and at least one punt returned to the one against Seattle

So in the same way our defense is better than the numbers in terms of scoring, our scoring offense was a little worse McVays first year (but still top 3)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's in points allowed. So if you just check the points allowed in the standings, I think we're 18 points more than the Steelers, which means actual scoring d is better. Our d has also allowed a 1 yard TD against the Dolphins and that FG against the Bucs where they didn't pick up a first down. Again I'm not sure how much of that the Steelers have but I don't think it's as much as us. Amazing how good this defense is.

FWIW, the opposite happens too - in McVays first season everyone said we averaged the most points per game, which was true - BUT - off the top of my head, we had:

Pick 6 against the Colts
Kick return and blocked punt return against Jags
Blocked punt return against Philly

We also had an INT returned to the one by NRC against the Niners and at least one punt returned to the one against Seattle

So in the same way our defense is better than the numbers in terms of scoring, our scoring offense was a little worse McVays first year (but still top 3)

Also just remembered that Joyner had a pick 6 against the Colts and Ogletree against the Cardinals - so wow yea 6 D/ST TDs that year which contributed to our scoring

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Capture.PNG

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Another big test this week. Kyle and Saleh always seem to have a little extra motivation against us. Gotta shut Mostert and co. down. I'd love for this to be the week we finally put somebody away early.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I think that's gonna change a bit as I don't think the Steelers hold the Chiefs to 17 pts

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the leader of that #1
defense is the #1 defensive player in the league.