Looking a little deeper into Foles season last year is actually reassuring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I posted this on another board but wanted to toss it up here too since not everyone looks at other boards. I wanted to get some insight/input from some others. But overall I'm OK with this.

.................................................................................
He played in 8 games. Let's toss out the Texans game since he only played part of it before getting hurt. He was playing well though, but no matter I'm tossing that one out.

So he was 5-2, and he really only played two poor games, both were losses and both were losses in large part because of him. The 49ers game and the Cardinals game. And in the AZ game the Eagles had the lead but gave the game away. Two INT's hurt for sure. The 49er's game was about the same thing, two INT's that day also, but in that game he didn't throw a TD.

Both of these games were close, and the Eagles were still in the game late, and both were on the road against formidable defenses. Foles could have done a better job throwing the ball though that's certainly true.

Foles wins were good quality stuff IMO. Really it's the two stinkers that make the seasons stat line look the way it does. He did have one other game where he threw two INT's, the Giants, but the Eagles won that game 27-0. In the other 5 games he played some good football and it gives me reason to believe that we have a guy that the team can get into the playoffs with.

The important thing is this. Right now the division belongs to SEA until further notice. But with Foles there is a chance to get a WC game, taking the division is going to take some lucky breaks and probably some injuries to key SEA players, not that I'm wishing that but lets face it they are the best all around team in the division and it looks like 12-13 wins is going to happen again.

After next year the SEA window should start closing. Foles and many of the other key players on the Rams roster are young enough that the window may open for STL just as it's closing in SEA. The timing of this deal could be fortuitous. This might be just as big of a deal to this ball club as the Griffin trade because they may well have added the last real piece to get the team over the hump.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I don't believe Seattle window is closing at all I'm afraid. Yes they have to pay Wilson but the team is young and filled with all pros and pro bowlers, mainly on the defence. Add graham to the mix with beast mode + Wilson being elusive = One scary team for at least another 3 years or so

As to Foles, I'm optimistic he'll be good for us. We just need to protect him now. Beef up the O line and maybe draft a WR in the first if cooper or white slides

TexasRam

Legend
I'm not worrried about Seattle at all. We consistently play well against them especially at home. We shut Their Offense down to 100 yards.

With Backup QB's.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't believe Seattle window is closing at all I'm afraid. Yes they have to pay Wilson but the team is young and filled with all pros and pro bowlers, mainly on the defence. Add graham to the mix with beast mode + Wilson being elusive = One scary team for at least another 3 years or so

As to Foles, I'm optimistic he'll be good for us. We just need to protect him now. Beef up the O line and maybe draft a WR in the first if cooper or white slides

Lynch is 29 this year, one year from the dreaded 30 year line and he has about 260 touches to go to hit the dreaded 2500 barrier. So assuming he's going to be the type of player he has been is risky. Plus they will have some guys move on for bigger money. I see the window starting to slide down next year, I don't see at least 3 more years of what they are now.

I'm with you on OL, they can spend every pick this year on OL and I'm OK with it. (y)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think Foles is somewhere between that 27-2 season and that 13-10 season. Not elite but not mediocre. Somewhere above average.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I posted this on another board but wanted to toss it up here too since not everyone looks at other boards. I wanted to get some insight/input from some others. But overall I'm OK with this.

.................................................................................
He played in 8 games. Let's toss out the Texans game since he only played part of it before getting hurt. He was playing well though, but no matter I'm tossing that one out.

So he was 5-2, and he really only played two poor games, both were losses and both were losses in large part because of him. The 49ers game and the Cardinals game. And in the AZ game the Eagles had the lead but gave the game away. Two INT's hurt for sure. The 49er's game was about the same thing, two INT's that day also, but in that game he didn't throw a TD.

Both of these games were close, and the Eagles were still in the game late, and both were on the road against formidable defenses. Foles could have done a better job throwing the ball though that's certainly true.

Foles wins were good quality stuff IMO. Really it's the two stinkers that make the seasons stat line look the way it does. He did have one other game where he threw two INT's, the Giants, but the Eagles won that game 27-0. In the other 5 games he played some good football and it gives me reason to believe that we have a guy that the team can get into the playoffs with.

The important thing is this. Right now the division belongs to SEA until further notice. But with Foles there is a chance to get a WC game, taking the division is going to take some lucky breaks and probably some injuries to key SEA players, not that I'm wishing that but lets face it they are the best all around team in the division and it looks like 12-13 wins is going to happen again.

After next year the SEA window should start closing. Foles and many of the other key players on the Rams roster are young enough that the window may open for STL just as it's closing in SEA. The timing of this deal could be fortuitous. This might be just as big of a deal to this ball club as the Griffin trade because they may well have added the last real piece to get the team over the hump.

Thanks for digging into this, I was going to do the same but haven't had the time. Thanks for the work.