Long Injured, Will Robinson be LT?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious, that Robinson was used at LT yesterday, with Saffold playing LG (Joseph at RG)....
Saffold beefed up to 335 lbs, from like 312 lbs last year, to play RG. IS he too beefy to play LT anymore?

If so, is Robinson going to be the next man up, after Jake Long?

FRO

Legend
Just curious, that Robinson was used at LT yesterday, with Saffold playing LG (Joseph at RG)....
Saffold beefed up to 335 lbs, from like 312 lbs last year, to play RG. IS he too beefy to play LT anymore?

It looks that way. I think I would rather go with Saffold out there. Robinson is raw and needs a lot of work before I'm comfortable keeping him at LT.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am keeping an open mind at this point.

I know this much; I'd love to just park Saffold at guard and see if that helps with his durability.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
He's going to be the LT at some point anyway.

I would like to just leave Saffold at guard. If Joseph can come back strong, than I definitely move Robinson out to tackle

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think it WAY TOO SOON to be making any judgement calls on this one. I think for now, they are just getting Robinson reps with the 1st unit to get him acclimated. ITs one thing to line up against Quinn, and Brockers, its another to line up against Sims and Conrath.

Its been two days of camp. There is nothing to indicate that Jake Long will NOT be ready. He is taking ALL of the walk thru reps as is Wells, with Saffold at RG and Robinson at LG. AS camp progresses, I envision Robinson being moved back to LG and them rotating the second tier guys such as Van Dyk, Hooey and Bond out there.

jjab360

Legend

Saffold acutally weighed in at 332 lbs last year, 312 lbs was his rookie weight. He managed to play LT well before he got injured, but I think it's pretty clear the coaching staff would rather have Robinson at LT based on the TC reports.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think it WAY TOO SOON to be making any judgement calls on this one. I think for now, they are just getting Robinson reps with the 1st unit to get him acclimated. ITs one thing to line up against Quinn, and Brockers, its another to line up against Sims and Conrath.

Its been two days of camp. There is nothing to indicate that Jake Long will NOT be ready. He is taking ALL of the walk thru reps as is Wells, with Saffold at RG and Robinson at LG. AS camp progresses, I envision Robinson being moved back to LG and them rotating the second tier guys such as Van Dyk, Hooey and Bond out there.

Coach, Fisher said yesterday that G.Rob is learning two positions at camp...so it seems to me that they are just covering their bases by playing hit at LT. It does seem that he's second on the depth chart at LT at this point though. Things may change, though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saffold acutally weighed in at 332 lbs last year, 312 lbs was his rookie weight. He managed to play LT well before he got injured, but I think it's pretty clear the coaching staff would rather have Robinson at LT based on the TC reports.
I worry about Saffold playing LT at that weight...Maybe it doesn't matter now, but it seems that he gets injured every year at LT. I am hoping that he can be more healthy at Guard

CoachO

Hall of Fame

According to an earlier interview I saw from Saffold, he claimed that his playing weight LAST YEAR was 316. He made a concerted effort to bulk up THIS off season to help with playing Guard.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to an earlier interview I saw from Saffold, he claimed that his playing weight LAST YEAR was 316. He made a concerted effort to bulk up THIS off season to help with playing Guard.
It's what I remember, weight at 316 lb-ish...That's why I was blown away by GRob's weight and athleticism, and surprised that Saffold was now the same weight

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It's what I remember, weight at 316 lb-ish...That's why I was blown away by GRob's weight and athleticism, and surprised that Saffold was now the same weight

But do not make the mistake in thinking they are the same size,, two totally different body types. Standing side by side, Robinson looks like he towers over Saffold, even tho they are listed at the same size.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But do not make the mistake in thinking they are the same size,, two totally different body types. Standing side by side, Robinson looks like he towers over Saffold, even tho they are listed at the same size.
That's good....I have not seen them personally, like you....You like what Robinson did today?