lol ... Harvey Dahl droppin' haymakers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_YOSlXmOHY[/youtube]

paceram

Pro Bowler
X said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_YOSlXmOHY[/youtube]

Are you sure that wasn't Richie Incognito? Did he return to the Rams?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeez. First time I saw that play, I thought Stacy royally screwed up. Now I see Williams put in a pitiful effort and completely whiff on the easy block on the LB. That guy just frustrates the hell out of me.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I saw that when it happened and laughed my ass off

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
jrry32 said:
Jeez. First time I saw that play, I thought Stacy royally screwed up. Now I see Williams put in a pitiful effort and completely whiff on the easy block on the LB. That guy just frustrates the hell out of me.

That's about on par with his normal performance...here's hoping that Fisher just leaves Barksdale @ ORT & just inserts Saffold back over on the left side with Jake. If Saffold gets hurt again ....then Shelley or Chris are on the bench in waiting ....@ OLG.

The Chris Williams saga as our starter has soured with me. I am ready to see someone else playing.

RamzFanz

Damnit
jrry32 said:

Williams whiffed but Stacy had already turned. That was just a bad run by Stacy. He turned away from a hole toward an empty side of the field then turns it straight into the only defender over there. Just a rookie mistake.

I didn't see that haymaker! Awesome!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamzFanz said:
jrry32 said:

Williams whiffed but Stacy had already turned. That was just a bad run by Stacy. He turned away from a hole toward an empty side of the field then turns it straight into the only defender over there. Just a rookie mistake.

Ehh...it seemed to me that Stacy was planning to follow him and turned when he saw Williams wasn't going to make the block. Hard to tell...but Williams's effort sucked regardless of what Stacy did.

fearsomefour

Legend
BonifayRam said:
There's the Harvey we all know & love welcome back! :hehe:

Exactly. Harvey brought the fire on Sunday....great effort and his best game of the season.

fearsomefour

Legend
jrry32 said:
RamzFanz said:
jrry32 said:

Ehh...it seemed to me that Stacy was planning to follow him and turned when he saw Williams wasn't going to make the block. Hard to tell...but Williams's effort sucked regardless of what Stacy did.

The thing with Williams that is so frustrating is he can move well enough to get into position (in this case beyond the line of scrimmage) he needs to....then misses. Pass blocking he gets in trouble when he has to change direction, but, if he can lock on he will usually shut his guy down. Basically I think he has a limitation to his game in terms of changing direction, he just cant do it well. It is very frustrating because he is about 80% there in terms of being a very good player, but, when that limitation shows up it is bad. I was really pulling for Williams because you can certainly see the potential he has, but, he plays so "nose over toes" he just cant change direction (or so it seems). I would certianly have no issue with either Saffold or Smith (or Barnes or Jones) getting a shot at LG.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
fearsomefour said:
The thing with Williams that is so frustrating is he can move well enough to get into position (in this case beyond the line of scrimmage) he needs to....then misses. Pass blocking he gets in trouble when he has to change direction, but, if he can lock on he will usually shut his guy down. Basically I think he has a limitation to his game in terms of changing direction, he just cant do it well. It is very frustrating because he is about 80% there in terms of being a very good player, but, when that limitation shows up it is bad. I was really pulling for Williams because you can certainly see the potential he has, but, he plays so "nose over toes" he just cant change direction (or so it seems). I would certianly have no issue with either Saffold or Smith (or Barnes or Jones) getting a shot at LG.

There is no comparison between Shelley Smith & Chris Williams when it come to hitting the target on the run. Shelley is one hell of a pulling OLG! Now Shelley's pass blocking & power man on man is just average for this 297 pounder but boy his pulling is a thing of beauty. Some of those best runs by Zac came when the Texans DL got caught sleeping & totally surprised when the Rams pulled Shelley & he made two very large holes.

As Saffold rounds back into full health on that knee one thing that Saffold is ...is Versatile. Saffold could be the back up OL'er for four (4) positions on game day. The last two games Fisher has gone into them without an reserve OL'er who could play the tackle posts when they went with Smith [OG] & Barnes [OG/OC]. Fisher most likely will go into this game with 8 OL'ers instead of 7.

As shotty tries to figure things out please let me suggest that Shotty play Shelley Smith more than Chris Williams & let Shelley do some pulling for Zac in that running game. The Panthers may get caught sleeping like the Texans did.

fearsomefour

Legend
BonifayRam said:
fearsomefour said:

There is no comparison between Shelley Smith & Chris Williams when it come to hitting the target on the run. Shelley is one hell of a pulling OLG! Now Shelley's pass blocking & power man on man is just average for this 297 pounder but boy his pulling is a thing of beauty. Some of those best runs by Zac came when the Texans DL got caught sleeping & totally surprised when the Rams pulled Shelley & he made two very large holes.

As Saffold rounds back into full health on that knee one thing that Saffold is ...is Versatile. Saffold could be the back up OL'er for four (4) positions on game day. The last two games Fisher has gone into them without an reserve OL'er who could play the tackle posts when they went with Smith [OG] & Barnes [OG/OC]. Fisher most likely will go into this game with 8 OL'ers instead of 7.

As shotty tries to figure things out please let me suggest that Shotty play Shelley Smith more than Chris Williams & let Shelley do some pulling for Zac in that running game. The Panthers may get caught sleeping like the Texans did.

Yep. Williams is better at some things and Smith is better at some things....which is why I think you are seeing a rotation happening, although that could be sort of tipping your hand a bit. Smith can pull, Williams can lock on. This is why it is hard to find guys who can do everything well. The best shot Williams has is to pull and shield someone. I would have no problem with starting Smith and seeing what he can do. If he starts to get overpowered at the point you can replace him. Each one of these guys brings something to the table and each has a weakness to their game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
jrry32 said:
RamzFanz said:
jrry32 said:

True. Williams whiffed and maybe Stacy saw it coming, but Stacy turned right into the only defender in the area. If he keeps going towards the sideline he gets at least 5 more yards it looks like.