Locked On Rams w/ Sosa Kremenjas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I normally wouldn't feel jilted by a sports podcast stopping without warning, but it's true here. Sosa has been the host of Locked on Rams for more than a year, or there about....He took over the show from previous host Brad Mader (sp?). If you don't know of them, "Locked On" covers every NFL team, as far as I know, each with it's own host.

Sosa had done a good job until last week covering the Rams in a podcast, with four-five shows weekly. He said on the day he quit, that the downloads of the podcasts had almost doubled since he took the show from Mader. But just before the Ravens game in his final Locked on Rams podcast, he mentioned that he didn't know who who would be taking over the podcast, but it was his last day. He quit PFF and Locked on Rams to be the head of NFL info at Underdog Fantasy.

There was no coverage of the Rams win over the Ravens and now it's 49er week to decide the division and playoff seeding, followed by the playoffs itself, and he dropped the ball. His sudden departure has made me think him untrustworthy and a little bit short-sighted and the Locked On show itself as being unstable. He wants to make the NFL his profession, but he's burned a bridge with many subscribers like myself. I am sure that it was a time intensive job (he did get paid for it), but if I see his name associated with anything NFL in the future, I'll ignore it. He left Rams fans hanging, and I don't appreciate it.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I remember when he used to be a regular at ClanRam. He said some off the wall things but, to his credit, he was among the first to predict that Aaron Donald would be a superstar.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I liked Mader, Sosa was freaking annoying and put me to sleep. I stopped listening to that one when he took over I just listen to the 11 personnel with Jordan and Rich once a week.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I liked that podcast. I liked Mader too, odd timing, I agree.
I don't respect his decision. He could have waited another month and a half at most before quitting. He thinks he just advanced his career, I'm sure, but he burned the Locked On network and loyal fans. He will find out that he made a mistake, imo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Mader, Sosa was freaking annoying and put me to sleep. I stopped listening to that one when he took over I just listen to the 11 personnel with Jordan and Rich once a week.
I think 11 Personnel is a superior show, for sure. But like you said, it's only one show a week. Locked On Rams was something that I figured would always be there, four times a week. I don't live in LA and so I rely on podcasts for Rams news during the week....

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I think 11 Personnel is a superior show, for sure. But like you said, it's only one show a week. Locked On Rams was something that I figured would always be there, four times a week. I don't live in LA and so I rely on podcasts for Rams news during the week....
Try Downtown Rams

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't respect his decision. He could have waited another month and a half at most before quitting. He thinks he just advanced his career, I'm sure, but he burned the Locked On network and loyal fans. He will find out that he made a mistake, imo.
I can't think of a time I was offered a job and they wanted me to wait a month and a half before starting. I've worked at a couple of places now where the only people that know you've put in a two week notice are the managers and the person quitting. We didn't tell other employees until the day of and we didn't tell customers until we had to. Personally I think that's weird. Did he say when he got the job offer?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I listened to him weekly but I grew tired of his lazy reporting. But honestly I would still listen. Mostly because he was the only Rams podcast besides DTR

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't think of a time I was offered a job and they wanted me to wait a month and a half before starting. I've worked at a couple of places now where the only people that know you've put in a two week notice are the managers and the person quitting. We didn't tell other employees until the day of and we didn't tell customers until we had to. Personally I think that's weird. Did he say when he got the job offer?
I don't see this as the same thing. Aside from Brad Mader, who is going to jump in and cover the Rams with 4-5 hours of content a week? It's as much of a work of passion as a 9-5 job. Each Locked On team show is run by one person, so hiring the next host would need to have a passionate NFL fan, probably a Rams fan, who is willing to put in the time for probably not much money.. Still, an opportunity is an opportunity in a sports broadcasting business, and burning bridges probably isn't smart.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Same Old Sorry Ass Kremenjas.

S.O.S.A.

I never listened to him, but phoning it in won't get you to the NFL. (Most of the time)
Fans are way to smart and will see right through lazy reporting.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same Old Sorry Ass Kremenjas.

S.O.S.A.

I never listened to him, but phoning it in won't get you to the NFL. (Most of the time)
Fans are way to smart and will see right through lazy reporting.
hater

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Locked on was one of the very few Rams podcasters/youtubers that I made a point of listening to every morning. Took some time getting used to Sosa's delivery, but his knowledge and well-mannered presence grew on me. I do hope they find a replacement soon, but all this just hammers the point that the Rams fanbase is a work in progress.

I'm certain that the Rams will have great content creators eventually, but for now, the 11 Personnel Podcast is the only reliably excellent Rams content. LAFB, Rams Bros, and Downtown Rams are also okay, though not necessarily my go to content.

Would love a more polished product to follow. Frankly, I don't understand why someone on RamsonDemand isn't making youtube content. So many knowledgeable and annoyingly opinionated posters here, perfect for podcasting.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I haven't listened to his podcasts but he seems like a cool dude on Twitter.

Hram

UDFA
I never fault anyone for taking a promotion somewhere else. I just hope they do a decent job transitioning their work on the way out.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I listened to locked on Rams daily since last year. Definitely having withdrawals!! But yeah he didn’t just up and quit. I follow him (sosa)on twitter and he talked about leaving a few weeks in advance and even a few shows ahead of his final one, he mentioned it a few times. Don’t like the timing but I’m sure he couldn’t just tell his new job to wait out a month. I saw a post from one of the guys from locked on asking people to apply for the position about a week ago. Hoping they get the new host in there before the season is over!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't blame anyone for improving their lot in life. Sometimes, you just have to go.

I'd say the bigger issue is the Locked On Network, to be honest. Should be easy to fill a gig like that if you're compensating people in a decent way. The fact that they can't says a lot.
It also says a lot that the only guy they could get to cover a team in the #2 media market in the nation was someone with no experience who was a real struggle to listen to. Nice enough kid, but, no.
My biggest issue with the kids was how often he wouldn't know something current that any number of posters on here could point out instantly.

I hope they upgrade. Locked on Lakers has the Kamenetzky brothers.. a huge leap from Sosa in experience and talent. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, it's 11 personnel and hate listening to some of the other pods when I'm desperate.