Lions' only chance to not flounder in 2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What does that have to do with Johnson staying? Do you seriously think his decision to stay with the Lions is because he thinks Campbell is a genius?

Maybe he just wants to finish what he started. Maybe he didn't like the contract offers and thinks if the Lions win a Super Bowl that he can get a bigger offer. It's also possible that he didn't get a good feeling from the teams he interviewed with. Or, maybe he was told by the Lions owners that if he sticks around they will make him head coach next year.

Your wild speculation that Ben Johnson staying somehow validates your opinion of Dan Campbell and discredits everyone who thinks he's foolish is a huge leap in logic.
Um.

No.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Ben Johnson calls the same play all the time. The play gives Goff a half-field read. (I got this from watching a film breakdown that good`ol Kurt Warner did. Its on YT.)

The closer you look at Detroit the more pedestrian they are. And Goff is terrible, worse than when he was with us. The guy literally cannot make a throw if he has to move a single inch off his spot.

I am still mad about the 9ers making it to the SB and will never ever believe in Detroit again.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ben Johnson calls the same play all the time. The play gives Goff a half-field read. (I got this from watching a film breakdown that good`ol Kurt Warner did. Its on YT.)

The closer you look at Detroit the more pedestrian they are. And Goff is terrible, worse than when he was with us. The guy literally cannot make a throw if he has to move a single inch off his spot.

I am still mad about the 9ers making it to the SB and will never ever believe in Detroit again.
So it’s a lot of deception? Link to the video?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Um no, what?
The whole thing.

I'll just start with.. where did I say Campbell was a genius?
And, obviously, Johnson trusts he's in a situation where he's going to continue to grow and learn.

I think that speaks for itself.. especially on *this* particular thread topic.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The whole thing.

I'll just start with.. where did I say Campbell was a genius?
And, obviously, Johnson trusts he's in a situation where he's going to continue to grow and learn.

I think that speaks for itself.. especially on *this* particular thread topic.
Then why are you using it as a slight against anyone who criticized Dan Campbell for going on fourth down twice.

It literally has nothing to do with that. In fact the reports of why Ben Johnson stayed in Detroit are saying it had more to do with the Washington interview than anything. Because it was after the interview that he decided to stay. That plus the Lions have been trying talk him to stay for the last three weeks. Which means he’s likely getting a raise.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Then why are you using it as a slight against anyone who criticized Dan Campbell for going on fourth down twice.

It literally has nothing to do with that. In fact the reports of why Ben Johnson stayed in Detroit are saying it had more to do with the Washington interview than anything. Because it was after the interview that he decided to stay. That plus the Lions have been trying talk him to stay for the last three weeks. Which means he’s likely getting a raise.
Oh.. it literally does have everything to do with it.

You disagree? Fine!

And.. I really don't disagree with people who criticize the decision... I disagree that Campbell is stupid because he made that decision.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh.. it literally does have everything to do with it.

You disagree? Fine!

And.. I really don't disagree with people who criticize the decision... I disagree that Campbell is stupid because he made that decision.

You are projecting it to support your argument.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clearly Holmes convinced Johnson to stay so he can be promoted to HC if Campbell is an idiot again

oldnotdead

Legend
Yeah I can't beiieve Holmes being happy with Campbell's game management. But again, if he learns from it great, if not they have a follow-up HC in Johnson.