Lions looking QB already?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was actually thinking about this on the way to my project today.

Like...what if this doesn't end up working for the Lions? They look like a team that will be in 6-10 to 9-7 purgatory with Jared Goff. I don't think he's someone that can make them push them over the edge. JAG that does what he's told. So they'll be needing a new QB sooner rather than later. And if they finish where I think they will, around average, they will miss out on next year's QBs unless they sign another guy or trade up. Picking someone with the 8th pick isn't a guarantee either.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

Like...what if this doesn't end up working for the Lions? They look like a team that will be in 6-10 to 9-7 purgatory with Jared Goff. I don't think he's someone that can make them push them over the edge. JAG that does what he's told. So they'll be needing a new QB sooner rather than later. And if they finish where I think they will, around average, they will miss out on next year's QBs unless they sign another guy or trade up. Picking someone with the 8th pick isn't a guarantee either.
Yeah, I don't and never have viewed Jared as the dude that can elevate play around him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Clearly they're banking on Stafford's Rams going 0-16 for the next two straight seasons so they can draft #1

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
They look like a team that will be in 6-10 to 9-7 purgatory with Jared Goff
Stafford led them to only 5 wins this season and only 3 wins the year before.
Stafford has 2 seasons with 10 wins or more. The rest of his carreer are all 9 wins or less.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like this will become another Jared Goff thread...:rolleyes:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this talk about potentially drafting a QB at 7 is to motivate Goff. Amiright??

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I read this more as a smart GM (would expect nothing else from former Rams front office man Brad Holmes) who wants teams looking at QB to think Detroit may take one at #7, therefore making the Lion’s pick an option for a trade.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

But with multiple 1st rnd picks, they can package them and trade up if JG doesn't work out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Stafford led them to only 5 wins this season and only 3 wins the year before.
Stafford has 2 seasons with 10 wins or more. The rest of his carreer are all 9 wins or less.

Yeah, the Lions team stinks. They might lose both starting WRs to FA, too. Matthew Stafford and for a time Megatron the Lions were competitive at all.

The Rams have a much more talented team on both sides but still underachieved the last 2 seasons b/c of the QB. I dont' see how MS can't be better.

Jared on the Lions just screams "stopgap" to me.

But with multiple 1st rnd picks, they can package them and trade up if JG doesn't work out.

Maybe, if they feel next year's group is worth it. I don't know. That's what I'm saying, they'll be stuck in limbo for a while unless they suddenly find superstars with all the Rams picks. Which is unlikely.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I read this more as a smart GM (would expect nothing else from former Rams front office man Brad Holmes) who wants teams looking at QB to think Detroit may take one at #7, therefore making the Lion’s pick an option for a trade.

That makes sense as a strategy. So does trading down from No 7 and getting more picks to rebuild the roster. Talking up qbs who you actually might want to pick doesn't.