Laurinaitis & Cook Press Conferences

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Preach it JL. "We can't go 1-3 to start the season"

This team cannot start slow, struggle against the run etc...no excuses. I don't care what the schedule looks like either. If the Rams are going to climb out of mediocrity it starts week 1 not week 8.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wow, the players are back in the building and stepping up behind the podium again. Both of these guys are good interviews.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What is JL gonna do to get this defensive unit into the top 10? Time for talk is over...Serious

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Don't think it's all on Laurinaitus.
Plus - are you really ragging on the D?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

This team cannot start slow, struggle against the run etc...no excuses. I don't care what the schedule looks like either. If the Rams are going to climb out of mediocrity it starts week 1 not week 8.

Tell that to Jeff Fisher, we've started slow every year he's been here.
I personally think it has to do with perpetually being the youngest team in the NFL.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What is JL gonna do to get this defensive unit into the top 10? Time for talk is over...Serious
Agreed, the future is now. This D's time is now. No excuses this year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Calm down everybody. Last year was the first year in a new defensive system. I fully expect we'll see a different start to this seasaon.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we as fans REALLY underestimated the adjustment required for G William's D. Thankfully, it didn't take a full season, but between Quinn being held more than a girl who's been stood up on Prom Night and the overall scheme not gelling at first, it took a good 5 games to get the D going.

I have TONS of confidence this year that this D with a healthy C Long and a soph A Donald will pressure QBs like no other team. Remember, in 2013, Quinn had way more sacks, but Long actually had more QB pressures iirc.

With Akeem Ayers, Ogletree and JL for our base set, those check downs should go nowhere this year.

I'm gonna keep bangin the drum, too. I'm not giving up on Christian Bryant. I think we're going to start out strong and have the Defensive depth to go the distance.

Now... I have less faith in the Offense. However, if we do shore up the OL and either Quick returns to form or we land Cooper or Parker, then I think we can compete with anyone...even on the road.

I have no worries about Foles at this time. Actually, I have a good feeling about him.

A55VA6

Legend
The words are is potential and consistency. The defense has potential to be ELITE, but they lack consistency.

They made Peyton Manning look clueless, and they posted 2 shutouts. If they can play at that level consistently as this team grows older and wiser... watch out.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
JL is straight up. one of the most respected players on the D. I will trust what he says. he is only one man and those PFF numbers on him are bullshit. he may not be a super athlete but makes up for it by his extreme intelligence. out played Peyton Manning in a game of whits.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The offense is going to struggle out of the gate, IMO.

New QB... OLine that is young and/or below average... not sure about Quick's health (and, even if he is healthy, he'll be hesitant to take hard hits and that may affect his play)... altough we have a lot of running backs, none have established themselves for any period of time... they're still young... oh, and a new OC!.

So, IMO, it all falls on the defense... if they sputter out of the gates?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think there are 3 or 4 new coaches on teams...Most of them defensive coaches...Lets see how many of them "struggle" learning a new system...Really, look at Atl. I bet, less talent and all (they do have an easy schedule) they come out ballin...new scheme, new team, bull-sh!t....play ball, 16 effin games....came out making Corderelle looking like Eric Dickerson, left making Odell Beckham & Russell Wilson looking like Jerry Rice & hell Russell had 300 passing and 100 rushing the last game? or am I confused again? But I don't know who does that?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The offense is going to struggle out of the gate, IMO.
I agree with you, but that's a situation where you should really lean on the running game early as long as your defense comes out of the gate ready to wreck the opposition. IMO the best way to get young players acclimated is by building confidence, and all OLinemen love to run block. Establish it early in the season and give them something to hang their hat on while the passing game matures.

So, IMO, it all falls on the defense... if they sputter out of the gates?
Yep. Can't happen. If it does i will begin to question Fisher and his staff's ability to get this team to the next level.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Our defense is supposed be elite?

Lewis' five years with Ravens, Defensive Rank

1996 - 28th
1997 - 18th
1998 - 16th
1999 - 6th
2000 - 1st

Ryans (last) five years with Bears, Defensive Rank

1981 - 18th
1982 - 14th
1983 - 5th
1984 - 3rd
1985 - 1st

Doesn't happen overnight. That said, the early meltdowns vs. Minnesota, Eagles and Cowboys are hard to defend.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Calm down everybody. Last year was the first year in a new defensive system. I fully expect we'll see a different start to this season.
I think the d will start off hot.
Same with ST.
It's the offense I'm worried about early in the season.
I made a promise to myself that I won't say "it's only preseason" if we don't score points this preseason. I want to see points on the board in practice, preseason and Game 1 of the regular season.
I'll probably be the first to say "it's only preseason".