Lattimore set to meet with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
The Dog said:
Not sure if this is old news....caught this snippet at the end of an article at yahoo sports.

AP Sports said:
He has met with Philadelphia and has individual interviews set up with New England and St. Louis. He has a sponsorship agreement with EAS Nutrition that both sides hope can become a long-term arrangement.

For full story

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/injured-rb-lattimore-gets-cheers-183819983--ncaaf.html

I just posted a mock where we would take him in Round Three. I think it could be a good pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All depends on his knee and if they believe he can stay healthy. A healthy Marcus Lattimore is a 1st round pick. I'm not advocating we take him there. I'm just saying that if this kid is a Ram by the end of draft weekend, I'll be elated. Classy player off the field and a great competitor on it. Can do it all as a HB and can do it all extremely well.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
jrry32 said:
All depends on his knee and if they believe he can stay healthy. A healthy Marcus Lattimore is a 1st round pick. I'm not advocating we take him there. I'm just saying that if this kid is a Ram by the end of draft weekend, I'll be elated. Classy player off the field and a great competitor on it. Can do it all as a HB and can do it all extremely well.

Good to see you here Jrry. This is the cat that's been compared to DX no? Just playing devil's advocate, but why not wait and see if he is an UDFA? Just asking.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dagonet said:
jrry32 said:

Good to see you here Jrry. This is the cat that's been compared to DX no? Just playing devil's advocate, but why not wait and see if he is an UDFA? Just asking.

Not a good comparison. DX had 6 knee surgeries. Lattimore has had two, but the recent one was the other leg.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
The Dog said:
Dagonet said:
jrry32 said:

Not a good comparison. DX had 6 knee surgeries. Lattimore has had two, but the recent one was the other leg.

He had 6 before becoming a Ram? I didn't realize.. Damn.. I thought maybe 4 at most.. Shows what I know. lol Still this Latti is a high risk to me. I pass... Just saying.

jap

Legend
Dagonet said:
The Dog said:
Dagonet said:
jrry32 said:

He had 6 before becoming a Ram? I didn't realize.. Damn.. I thought maybe 4 at most.. Shows what I know. lol Still this Latti is a high risk to me. I pass... Just saying.

If Lattimore can get his health back, he is hands down the best RB in the entire draft.

…..

Legend
sorry....5

1 of those while he was with the Rams, though thought to be minor, it took awhile to recover from and probably led to his being cut since he couldnt get on the field during pre season last year.

but all to his left knee.

…..

Legend
Dagonet said:
Still this Latti is a high risk to me. I pass... Just saying.

Do you think he's a risk in round 3?

think Claude Wroten before you anwser....lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dagonet said:
jrry32 said:

He's not as bad as DX. Had surgeries on both knees once. And both were freak injuries. He's more like Frank Gore(had season ending injuries and surgeries on both his knees at Miami). He won't last to the UDFA period. Too talented of a HB. Willis McGahee was picked in the late 1st round back in the day coming off the same injury. Lattimore will go somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round likely.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd take a risk on him in the 4th but not before then.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
The Dog said:
Dagonet said:
Still this Latti is a high risk to me. I pass... Just saying.

Do you think he's a risk in round 3?

think Claude Wroten before you anwser....lol

LMAO.. Don't go giving me nightmares now on Wroten.. :cool: Hey Harry Carson was a 4th round pick though. lol So I can give you your 3rd round status.. Got confidence in your opinion Dog is all. :cool: But it's your arse on the line if we do take him. lol Be cool brother.

…..

Legend
hahaha...my azz is never on the line...I just get to talk from behind this keyboard, then hide when i'm wrong.

All you know about me is that I'm one helluva good lookin ladies man :cheese:

fwiw...i agree with the caution and dont use higher than a 3rd round flyer on the knee. It would be even easier if we had two 3rd round picks this year. But he could even make it to round 4?

we will see....I'm sure his whole life is a 32 team medical checkup at this point...and will be until April

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
The Dog said:
hahaha...my azz is never on the line...I just get to talk from behind this keyboard, then hide when i'm wrong.

All you know about me is that I'm one helluva good lookin ladies man :cheese:

fwiw...i agree with the caution and dont use higher than a 3rd round flyer on the knee. It would be even easier if we had two 3rd round picks this year. But he could even make it to round 4?

we will see....I'm sure his whole life is a 32 team medical checkup at this point...and will be until April

If he makes it to round 4 great... But yeah he will be injected, inspected.. Arlo Guthrie? lol Can't remember the exact lyrics.. lol And you're correct about his life being a 32 team medical checkup. Feel for the kid, but that is life.

And yeah, your azz is on the line if we take him brother.. lmao.. Just razzing man.. Good to be having fun on a board again.. :cool: Thanks.

RamsNation

Rookie
Three is to early he is still a gamble and we can't afford to gamble on our 3rd round pick we still have holes.A better team could afford that risk but we shouldn't,now if he's there at 4 and 5 we gotta start looking at getting him because like mentioned before he is the best RB in this class and all around good when healthy.3rd is to rich for my blood personally and I hope the front office views him the same.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamsNation said:
Three is to early he is still a gamble and we can't afford to gamble on our 3rd round pick we still have holes.A better team could afford that risk but we shouldn't,now if he's there at 4 and 5 we gotta start looking at getting him because like mentioned before he is the best RB in this class and all around good when healthy.3rd is to rich for my blood personally and I hope the front office views him the same.

If he checks out medicaly id have no issue taking a chance on him in the 3rd

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
The 3rd round is still a premium round. Teams are expected to get starters from round 3 not take tremendous risks. I think y'all are reaching for the name.

IMO the 3rd round is WAY to early for Lattimore. The guy obliterated his knee last year and wont be ready for this season.

When he came back from his first knee injury he wasnt the same player. He was a shell of his former self. This knee injury is more serious. I dont think any team could project him to return to the Lattimore of his freshman and early sophomore year.

I love Lattimore. I would mark USC games just to watch him run. Unfortunately he is not the same player.

The 5th round might still be a bit early, but I'd be willing to take the risk there. Ultimately I think he is a 6th or 7th rounder

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
libertadrocks said:
The 3rd round is still a premium round. Teams are expected to get starters from round 3 not take tremendous risks. I think y'all are reaching for the name.

IMO the 3rd round is WAY to early for Lattimore. The guy obliterated his knee last year and wont be ready for this season.

When he came back from his first knee injury he wasnt the same player. He was a shell of his former self. This knee injury is more serious. I dont think any team could project him to return to the Lattimore of his freshman and early sophomore year.

I love Lattimore. I would mark USC games just to watch him run. Unfortunately he is not the same player.

The 5th round might still be a bit early, but I'd be willing to take the risk there. Ultimately I think he is a 6th or 7th rounder

A shell of his former self? Not true. He wasn't quite as explosive but he also was not yet at 100%. Frank Gore tore his ACL in both knees and has come out of it ok.

Lattimore may never be the guy he was freshman year but he's a lot better than you're making him out to be. And this is from a person who has seen every game he played in college...many of them in person.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:

A shell of his former self? Not true. He wasn't quite as explosive but he also was not yet at 100%. Frank Gore tore his ACL in both knees and has come out of it ok.

Lattimore may never be the guy he was freshman year but he's a lot better than you're making him out to be. And this is from a person who has seen every game he played in college...many of them in person.

A shell of his former self may have been a bit excessive, but there's no doubt he wasnt the same guy. This knee injury is worse. I dont think NFL teams can even project him to return to his 2012 form. Additionally they are assuming a huge risk that he'll ever be medically right again. That's too big of a risk for the 3rd round

Guys on this board are crazy about Le'Veon Bell. Bell, along with Andre Ellington, Montee Ball, and Stepfan Taylor, could all be available when we select in the 3rd. They're all healthy and carry a considerably lower level of risk