Last Project - BBQ Island

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
One of my builds:

5965022445_44a3f1af49.jpg

5965039073_3bbbd65ae1.jpg

5965594200_14064fdb8a.jpg

5965036963_c07b5211f9.jpg

Those are 10' counters....

Think you could do some cooking in there?

Anonymous

I like the bar and the TV outside. Sweet! Cooking outside always has it's benefits for the wallet too. However I've gone back to basics by cooking with wood again. Will probably convert my propane grill to wood also. Tastes so much better. Have lots of oak, hickory and pear wood at all times so I feel like a chump exchanging the propane tank and having to release my death grip on the $20 bill. :lmao: I've said it before I'm a cheap bastard. I'm also going to improve my BBQ pit too. Let's me junk some more....with purpose. :tooth: Looks dry out your way. Out west? Mesquite wood around there? Your setup looks very polished/professional.....man could I put you to work around here. :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
squeaky wheel said:
I like the bar and the TV outside. Sweet! Cooking outside always has it's benefits for the wallet too. However I've gone back to basics by cooking with wood again. Will probably convert my propane grill to wood also. Tastes so much better. Have lots of oak, hickory and pear wood at all times so I feel like a chump exchanging the propane tank and having to release my death grip on the $20 bill. :lmao: I've said it before I'm a cheap bastard. I'm also going to improve my BBQ pit too. Let's me junk some more....with purpose. :tooth: Looks dry out your way. Out west? Mesquite wood around there? Your setup looks very polished/professional.....man could I put you to work around here. :sly:
Thanks, this was a job I did in Hesperia, California. It is the high desert, at the top of the Cajon Pass, just 1 1/2 hours from my home in Orange County, 5 min from Disneyland.

I just build in my spare time/side jobs now. I used to do construction, years ago...commercial and residential. All my old football injuries have pretty much crippled me, LOL, but I still love to build and create things.

I designed this from scratch with input from the owner a friend of mine. It's a very functional kitchen with hot water and a fridge.

I wish I could get some of that wood you have for smoking meats. All I can get is mesquite, hickory, and oak. I'm not big on the mesquite, I like the lighter woods. Pear would be great. I converted this BBQ to natural gas, so no propane runs. The BBQ has a built in smoker, but it is little.

Anonymous

Well you do great work. That really looks sweet. My propane tank ran out and I got an estimate for converting the grill to natural gas. It was $130 just for the connection and a 10 foot length of gas hose, plus I'd have to pay another $30 to $65 for the Weber grill nat gas conversion. I think my burners will do finesince I've cleaned them enough over the years to probably open them up enough for nat gas......but didn't I say I'm a cheap bastard? :tooth: Wife brought home some seriously cheap pork steaks and said make them like you grew up so had to enlist the old galvanized tub and improvise a grill. Used the dried up branches fallen out of the trees....one hell of a smokey time but after moving from the grill to the roasting pan a few times....damn I'm not going back to the gas grill. The gas grill is so convenient but geez you miss out on so much flavor.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
Well you do great work. That really looks sweet. My propane tank ran out and I got an estimate for converting the grill to natural gas. It was $130 just for the connection and a 10 foot length of gas hose, plus I'd have to pay another $30 to $65 for the Weber grill nat gas conversion. I think my burners will do finesince I've cleaned them enough over the years to probably open them up enough for nat gas......but didn't I say I'm a cheap bastard? :tooth: Wife brought home some seriously cheap pork steaks and said make them like you grew up so had to enlist the old galvanized tub and improvise a grill. Used the dried up branches fallen out of the trees....one hell of a smokey time but after moving from the grill to the roasting pan a few times....damn I'm not going back to the gas grill. The gas grill is so convenient but geez you miss out on so much flavor.

Thanks again.

I just made these, just now...How do they look?
5965727596_41d92b5331.jpg

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:

Thanks again.

I just made these, just now...How do they look?
5965727596_41d92b5331.jpg

Out of reach. :=:)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, that is some bad-ass handiwork there. Just an excellent job.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
StlouisramsX said:
My favorite feature is the triangles in the front. They are plexiglass and I installed 3" LED lights behind them under the bar attached to a switch. After much discussion on what to put over them, the owners made self designed stained glass pictures out of a plastic kit that stick to the plexi. Looks great at night.

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
StlouisramsX said:
My favorite feature is the triangles in the front. They are plexiglass and I installed 3" LED lights behind them under the bar attached to a switch. After much discussion on what to put over them, the owners made self designed stained glass pictures out of a plastic kit that stick to the plexi. Looks great at night.

Is that underneath the bar? Cool. :nice:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:
StlouisramsX said:

Is that underneath the bar? Cool. :nice:
Yes, behind the cabinet, attached to the metal frame. You can get to them if you pull the fridge out.