Larry English

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
English was released today by the Chargers. He was a 1st round selection back in 2009 but has never lived up to his draft status and has had quite a few injuries during his NFL career.

Dunbar probably doesnt get banned any games for the fight(thats what it looks like to me at least, hopefully), but I would still take a flier on English. He could battle RayRay for back up duty or if Dunbar is suspened any games could potentially fill in if RayRay is not ready yet.

Could sign him to a cheap 1 year deal.

Thoughts?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Damaged goods, methinks.

I'm always tempted by prospects from years past as well, but in the NFL - being healthy is a big part of the gig.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
English was released today by the Chargers. He was a 1st round selection back in 2009 but has never lived up to his draft status and has had quite a few injuries during his NFL career.

Dunbar probably doesnt get banned any games for the fight(thats what it looks like to me at least, hopefully), but I would still take a flier on English. He could battle RayRay for back up duty or if Dunbar is suspened any games could potentially fill in if RayRay is not ready yet.

Could sign him to a cheap 1 year deal.

Thoughts?

He's a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB, isn't he? Not a fit at OLB for us, and he's a bust anyway. No way.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No kidding?

He's had some injuries, and he's been more of a 3-4 guy, hasn't he?

Yea he is. Played DE in college and was moved to OLB in a 3-4 by the Chargers.

There has been talk here of aome thinking maybe Sam could play OLB, though many agree is to slow or not agile enough for it. English is basically the same size as sam but 6 lbs lighter and is a very good athlete so I think he could play outside in a 4-3, if he can stay healthy ofc.

Just an idea and figured to see what others think. Rams probably wont pick him up anyways but who knows.

Memphis Ram

Legend
bust.jpg

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
No thanks, not every former future star bust is worth a reclamation project.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Yea he is. Played DE in college and was moved to OLB in a 3-4 by the Chargers.

There has been talk here of aome thinking maybe Sam could play OLB, though many agree is to slow or not agile enough for it. English is basically the same size as sam but 6 lbs lighter and is a very good athlete so I think he could play outside in a 4-3, if he can stay healthy ofc.

Just an idea and figured to see what others think. Rams probably wont pick him up anyways but who knows.

Problem is that the reason he got drafted as high as he did and why he's played where he has is his skill set was pass rushing.

I'd think the kind of depth the Rams would need at LB would profile more as a run defender and special teams guy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Problem is that the reason he got drafted as high as he did and why he's played where he has is his skill set was pass rushing.

I'd think the kind of depth the Rams would need at LB would profile more as a run defender and special teams guy.

Cant argue that. Just wanted to see what others thought about the hypothetical. Former 1st rounders always have some intrigue.