Lakers "win" the #2 Pick!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, I believe championships come in cycles...As a friend says to me last night, "Mortimer, we're back!"

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Awesome draft class IMO. As long as you have a top 10 pick, you're getting a baller

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No need to guess: you're picking Okafor. Pretty smart move on your part; it's not often that you see a big man who's that polished with that much potential. With him and Randle, you have a solid frontcourt. Add in Clarkson at the point, and Brown as a young shooting threat off the bench, and you've got the makings of a team.

fearsomefour

Legend
No need to guess: you're picking Okafor. Pretty smart move on your part; it's not often that you see a big man who's that polished with that much potential. With him and Randle, you have a solid frontcourt. Add in Clarkson at the point, and Brown as a young shooting threat off the bench, and you've got the makings of a team.
In desperate need of a big man the Lakers are.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also, the Sixers got screwed big time. Seems to happen to them a lot, although they didn't help themselves by stupidly picking Embiid when they already had Noel. They could've had three lottery picks (from the Lakers and the Heat). They only have one. If they're smart, they take anyone but KAT, Okafor, or WCS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okafor and Randle is a great way to start the future for the Lakers. What do they do with houstons pick? I haven't checked out many rankings or mocks yet.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Okafor and Randle is a great way to start the future for the Lakers. What do they do with houstons pick? I haven't checked out many rankings or mocks yet.

I think you gotta bring in rebounders, shot blocker, defenders with the Houston pick

Memento

Name
Jemma
Who is Brown?

I'm hoping for a Kupchec find....like a swing guy/wing player...

Jabari Brown. The former SEC leader in points scored. Another Mizzou guy along with Clarkson. Hey, maybe you guys can sign Carroll to a deal? He is a free agent and a small forward. :p

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Tough to tell who will be available. I don't know basketball like I do football but I think they'd do well to get a great wing defender (Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Justin Anderson, or Anthony Brown) or a facilitating point guard (Tyus Jones, Jerian Grant, or Delon Wright). Could also consider a sharpshooter like R.J. Hunter but it seems like they have that already in Swaggy P.

Athos

Legend

Honestly, I can only speak as a college ball fan, but Okafor doesn't impress me. I'm also heavy anti-Duke.........so there's that too. If you get physical with him, he'll wilt. And his D leaves something to be desired although, not like D is played much in the NBA anyway imo.

Jabari Parker was a far superior player coming out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, I can only speak as a college ball fan, but Okafor doesn't impress me. I'm also heavy anti-Duke.........so there's that too. If you get physical with him, he'll wilt. And his D leaves something to be desired although, not like D is played much in the NBA anyway imo.

Jabari Parker was a far superior player coming out.

Okafor is baller. He has Al Jefferson/DeMarcus Cousins type ability.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-cousins-trade-sacramento-kings?ex_cid=espnFB

Lakers trying to trade for demarcus cousins. What does this do for the #2 pick?

Sounds like a dumb idea if they're giving up Randle, Clarkson, and Okafor.(because if Sacramento trades him to LA, they're taking Okafor)

Just draft Okafor and develop the guy. It's not like you're a championship caliber team. It's rebuilding time.

Now, if they can keep Randle...I'd say trading for Cousins is a better idea.