LA Kings vs STL Blues Conference Semifinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
You know I gotta make a thread here.

Great first game really. Blues had some amazing chances, and Elliot was really strong. Plenty of blocked shots from St Louis, it was a fun game to watch... That empty netter by Penner was awesome..

I expect King's hit to get a second look and possibly a suspension.. Not a big loss from where the Kings stand, they'll probably just play Toffoli who was a dominate sniper in the OHL.

Should be a fun series, I expect St Louis to take the series back to LA 1-1... Can't wait for the next one though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I want to use the fucking tool that the fucking Men in Black have and just purge every fucking thought about this fucking game from my fucking head for fucking good. I just hope to fate that Pietrangelo doesn't have a concussion.

...Good game, by the way. Good for your team. -sigh- If it weren't for the Cardinals wins today and yesterday, I'd have probably chucked the remote out the window.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Coconuts!!

I was wondering if you were gonna post something about this series. Great game tonight. I hear some bad weather is hitting the Lou right now. Hope everyone is okay out there. Stay safe and GO KINGS!

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well that was an interesting game to say the least.

I think the Blues took some momentum back at the end of that, they sent a message and the Kings got real undisciplined.. The PK was strong for both teams, but that's not really a shock.

Game 3 should be very interesting... I can't imagine the Blues rolling over, especially after their push back in the second half of this game, and from what I know they're a strong road team... Kings are average at home, not nearly as strong as they are on the road. Looking forward to it though!

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I agree. The Kings are fortunate to have a big payoff in the 1st period. I do believe they were leaning on their lead quite a bit and fell into the blues game in the 2nd/3rd. The blues were hitting and getting under the skin of the Kings which resulted in the penalties. The good thing is I believe the Kings recognize this and will respond well. I'm shocked at these wins the Kings are putting up. Let's keep it rolling!

GO KINGS!

Rams too of course!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry St Louis - I've been a Kings fan my whole life. Go Kings.

Oh - and let's here it for Southwest hockey. :shock:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Game 3 in the books! Kings hold a 3-0 series lead!

Much like Vancouver, I can't imagine that St Louis would allow themselves to be swept... Game 4 should be intense, it's a noon game and the Kings are bad at noon games, but St Louis seems pretty overwhelmed by LA right now.

However, given how young St Louis is, this series will be good for them. You gotta take a beating in the playoffs to learn from (the Kings had that twice the last two years and you can see how they've learned from those mistakes) and then come back to dominate. I can see St Louis going very very far next year, barring a miracle comeback in this series of course.

Hoping to see a good game 4!

bluecoconuts

Legend
BOOM

That's all she wrote! Kings sweep the Blues 4-0 and advance to the Western Conference Finals for the first time since 1993!

I think the Blues were a little shocked by the Kings power and skill... But those lessons learned by St Louis this season will really help them next year. You usually have to take your lumps like this and the next year you're that much stronger. Kings took their beatings against Vancouver in 2010, and San Jose 2011, so now they've fixed those mistakes and playing great hockey.

Good series, and best of luck next year St Louis! I'll be sure to be watching more Blues games next year, so I'm excited for that.

And as always...

GO KINGS GO!!!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Damn, well @ least I got interested into NHL b/c of those STL Blues. Hoping NBC will show more of their games next year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Congrats to the Kings, they outplayed the Blues. I hope they go to the finals.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
-sigh- The Blues didn't deserve to win with the way they played. Congrats to the Kings.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I'm still hungover from the celebratory shots last night. Great series Kings!