Kyle Long on NFL A.M.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[stl]343028fa-5d2f-4df6-9c42-995937cc05d7[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Oregons-Kyle-Long-joins-NFL-AM/343028fa-5d2f-4df6-9c42-995937cc05d7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 5937cc05d7</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd love to get him in the second round. Very talented guy, with a high upside. Two knocks on him, experience, and short arms.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
DR RAM said:
I'd love to get him in the second round. Very talented guy, with a high upside. Two knocks on him, experience, and short arms.

Put him in as a guard.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:

That would be awesome. Definitely plausible too. It will be interesting to see how well he shows at the combine

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder how he'd feel playing for the Rams... or if he'd prefer to play in another place outside of his brother's shadow?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
I wonder how he'd feel playing for the Rams... or if he'd prefer to play in another place outside of his brother's shadow?
He already said he'd like to play for the Rams.
Interesting side-note. Whenever he plays Madden, he uses the Rams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

That's awesome. We need this guy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Ahh... I didn't know that!

I should know this; have brothers ever played on the same team before in the NFL?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

I should know this; have brothers ever played on the same team before in the NFL?
EJ and Erin Henderson play for the Vikings right now. I'm not sure about throughout history. I'm sure there are some, but none come to mind right now. I remember when I was 13, I thought Jim and Jack Youngblood were brothers. That is, until an older kid told me they weren't.

I watched KLong in the Senior Bowl and thought he played LG very well...but had the feet to play OT.
Perhaps, even RT for us. KLong would be a good get in the 2nd round.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
DR RAM said:

2nd round?? No way is he a 2nd player. Maybe 4th or 5th But I would like to see him in a RAMS uniform.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He seems too much like a project to be taken in the high rounds if you're asking me. I think his family tree hypes him up more than he should be. I mean for shit's sake, he would have rather played baseball.

Having said all that, I know how hard it is to find quality offensive linemen. Did I mention that I'm no fucking GM ?

Hram

UDFA
If he has the same work ethic as his brother, he will succeed at RT or guard and would probably be worth a 2nd rounder.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Also, I remember reading somewhere that his only NFL viewing since Chris came out, has been the Rams games.
I remember reading that he said something like he'd be lying if he said he would NOT like for the Rams to pick him and play with his brother.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
DR RAM said:

Yes I agree would be nice to get him aboard but @ #46 is too high for me. Yes very little experience and way too short arms for either OT position. He also had some character issues in his recent past.Seems that Long is primary offensive Left Guard & secondary ORG. Rams already have three lined up OLG signed under contract. So unless there's something else out there that we don't already know he IMO will join the other OLG's candidates. If Snead & Fisher are lucky enough to land Chance Warmack then I see no reason to look & him unless he passes un selected until Saturday morning. Kyle has only 10 starts that's something to think about.

All through it all I do believe he will turn into a decent OLG in the NFL.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kyle-long?id=2539933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539933</a>