Kupp out an extended period of time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Might as well sit Stafford at this point.

I've never seen a team hit by injuries so hard for two out of the last three seasons. I think McVay needs to clean house. It's gonna suck but these guys are dropping like flies and I just don't think it's because all of these dudes are suddenly made of glass.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was always about next year if we're being honest. We signed/locked in almost everyone for two seasons in the off season, and have most of the entire offense for the next two years.

So worst case, this young defense gets loads of experience and is ready to roll next year. We get better injury luck and BOOM we're full blown contenders.

Especially if we end up adding a premier player in the draft.

On the flip side, we go on a run and get hot like last year and get into the playoffs.

Lets not forget that Seattle was 6-3 when we were 3-6, and neither Detroit nor Arizona look like easy outs this year, and we just played them both while Seattle got the Patriots and their AFCW opponent

Sure, anything can happen this year, but we are getting close to historical levels of injuries again. We had a pretty talented team coming into the season and too much talent is all ending up on IR now. I thought if we could stay healthy our D could hold it's own while the O controlled possession and scored points, but we couldn't even get a first down until the 2nd quarter yesterday, and now we just lost another OL. Just un-fucking believable, 2022 all over again two years later.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was looking forward to watching young players develop this season with an outside chance for us to do something in the post season.

McVay has been at his best when he's forced to go outside his comfort zone. Now is the time to see if Omar Speights can play, now is the time to change things up, feature Colby Parkinson and maybe Whittington emerges or DR takes another step.... get Corum involved....

I am now just looking forward to seeing what players will emerge for us and how McVay responds with his back against the wall.

Shit sucks right now, for real.
When other teams start out like this, less than 12% make the postseason.
But....... that was when seasons were 16 games.... and more importantly, these Rams are NOT other teams.
Maybe it would be all over for most clubs. Not this one.

Furthermore- not only have injuries hurt us but the Lions and Cardinals on the road were going to be hard games to win anyways. I believe we lost a nail biter in OT to an NFC SB contender in their house and then had an embarrassing loss to a talented and pissed off div rival we've bullied for years.
I see the sky and I too am concerned with how low it's getting, but Jesus yall, it isn't falling yet. It's just how shit goes some times

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Umm Kupp has a cap hit of 29 million next year. I don't think he'll be back at that number.

LOURam85

Rookie
Might as well sit Stafford at this point.

I've never seen a team hit by injuries so hard for two out of the last three seasons. I think McVay needs to clean house. It's gonna suck but these guys are dropping like flies and I just don't think it's because all of these dudes are suddenly made of glass.
Stafford needs to play so he can throw it to players other than kupp

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Assuming our worst fear is true based on this and it's a high ankle sprain. Bleh.

Well, having a hard time seeing the glass half full at the moment. But IF we can string out 3 or 4 wins in the first 8 weeks and IF we get all of these players back and IF we make it to mid season without any other long term injuries to other starters.... maybe.... just maybe we can make another playoff push like last year and hit the playoffs fully healthy and rocking.

That's a lot of IFs. We would need to beat three or four of these teams...
Whiners
Chicago
Green Bay
Raiders
Vikings
Seahawks

Not impossible... not great... but not impossible
If we play like we did against the cardinals we are not beating anyone else . IT is a 0-16 season . Of course , we are not going to play like that every game BUT even improving our play by 50 % I don't see us beating any of the teams in that list .

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I wonder if McVay will start using 12 groupings vs 11. Before the WRs were always better than the 2nd TE but now it doesn't appear that way. Let's feature Park & Allen and a heavy dose of the run game. It won't be pretty but let's start punching teams in the mouth. Defense needs all the help they can get.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if McVay will start using 12 groupings vs 11. Before the WRs were always better than the 2nd TE but now it doesn't appear that way. Let's feature Park & Allen and a heavy dose of the run game. It won't be pretty but let's start punching teams in the mouth. Defense needs all the help they can get.
You know that Allen is hurt right?

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Good grief. No high quality receivers for 5+ weeks. 5-12 is looking really optimistic

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know he missed this game but I was hoping he would be back. Is he going on IR too?
Not sure about that but the way things are going, anyone even close to injured isn’t to be counted on

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m not ready to give up but there has got to be some internal discussion about why in 2 of 3 years we see this kind of carnage.

Love the heart Kupp and Puka show but they have to know they can’t miss time right from the beginning.

I also think there have been some questionable tackling technique that have contributed to some of these injuries.

I don’t see other teams with this shit show going, there has to be some contributing factors in the way they are doing things.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I mean silver lining for this inevitable season vs 2022 is at least we'll have own our top 5-8 pick.