Kupp out an extended period of time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Just looked it up:

The NFL handed Chicago Bearslinebacker T.J. Edwards a $16,883 fine Saturday for his hip-drop tackle that injured Houston Texans running back Joe Mixon last weekend. The takedown wasn’t penalized by referees during the Week 2 game—much to Mixon’s dismay—but league officials reviewed tape of the incident afterward and decided it warranted a punishment.

My next question is why doesn’t replay booth call it down?
That’s a drop in the bucket. How long will Mixon be sidelined? I’m guessing 1-2 weeks.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. I think he came back too soon from the first one. That effectively lost the Rams that Superbowl IMO.
I think the Rams are a few hindsight chances away from 3 Superbowls right now. Kupp as you mentioned but also we tore down the 2022 team to quickly. Imagine if we had Leonard Floyd, Bobby Wagner, and Jalen Ramsey last year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta figure out how to make Kupp PART OF THE pass attack and not THE pass attack.
Absolutely! I think it'll help when Puka comes back. The optimist in me believes that mostly happened because the injuries nuked our offense.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Gotta figure out how to make Kupp PART OF THE pass attack and not THE pass attack.
I don't think the targets are the issue. It's what he does after he catches the ball. He doesn't need to fight through multiple bodies, just go down if it's more than one.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't think the targets are the issue. It's what he does after he catches the ball. He doesn't need to fight through multiple bodies, just go down if it's more than one.
Agreed. Take a page out of Issac and Torrys book and protect yo neck, ssssson!

Psycho_X

Legend

Agreed. Take a page out of Issac and Torrys book and protect yo neck, ssssson!
This convo is funny since we just had a thread a few months ago where some posters were saying Holt didn't deserve to be in the HoF because him and Bruce used to protect themselves against unnecessary hits. Kupp is a good example of exactly why Martz instructed his WRs to hit the dirt so that they'd be available for a whole season.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This convo is funny since we just had a thread a few months ago where some posters were saying Holt didn't deserve to be in the HoF because him and Bruce used to protect themselves against unnecessary hits. Kupp is a good example of exactly why Martz instructed his WRs to hit the dirt so that they'd be available for a whole season.
Agree, I don't how many remember RB Freeman McNeil of the Jets...former UCLA guy. Great back, but he would get tackled and fall in the most awkward ways. I remember he once he stuck his arm out to break his fall on turf and he broke his arm. The guy was always hurt.

Some guys just know how to protect themselves and not get in those awkward positions.

Everytime Kupp struggles for yards I wince as he often gets pulled down with his legs getting twisted, etc... Puka is the same way. Guys need to learn how to protect themselves from those types of tackles as they are not even big hits, just being pulled down in awkward positions.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah it's hard to find wideouts in history who have that style of bossing for extra yards and somehow manage to avoid injury. It's tough out there in the NFL.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also with Kupp, you have to consider how much tread he wore off his tires in college. Dude averaged over 100 catches per year in his 4 seasons at E Wash. Sure it wasnt nfl caliber guys, but the way he plays now wasnt any different then.