Kupp and Edelman discuss 2021 NFC Championship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thought Edelman was just less interested in the nuts-and-bolts discussion that Kupp excelled in.

Kupp had so many interesting things to say about different topics. One of which was the likely expansion of regular season games; and a corresponding decrease in off-season activities (OTAs and mini-camps).

What Kupp described was more like baseball ... season ends, and players go home until July. Kupp seemed to want to discuss this topic and the impact it would have, not just on player health but how players would prepare for the season, impacting the quality of play.

It seemed to me ... and I wished this topic had been discussed in greater depth ... that Kupp was suggesting more games meant more revenue and that was all the owners cared about but the product (quality football) would likely suffer.

Unfortunately, Edelman was not interested in getting into depth on most topics.

Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp Discusses His Professional Pet Peeve​

“There’s a responsibility on players to do something in the offseason to prepare yourself to get ready to go,” Kupp starts his diatribe.

“I just wish that more guys showed up ready to go. I understand this in terms of the the issues between the league and the players and the product needs to be good and there’s obviously the union is always going to argue for less work. The league is going to argue for more games. There’s a middle ground here where we got to come together and figure out what’s the way we put our best product forward.”

“There is a responsibility on players to show up ready to work. That’s where I think some of this stuff could happen. Where guys in the summer take off. If you don’t want to be ready for OTAs, I’m fine with that but the guys that leave all summer, don’t do anything all summer, and then show up for training camp that summer. You get five weeks from OTAs to training camp, take your break and then get ready to work because it’s in your best interest as a player to show up ready to go. To protect yourself, protect your teammates be ready to put your best foot forward.”

“If you don’t show up to training camp ready to go, I have a hard time when guys get hurt or guys do stuff or guys aren’t ready or guys are you know getting talked to by coaches about potentially getting released it’s like I saw you were in the Caribbean for 3 weeks.”

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp Discusses His Professional Pet Peeve​

“There’s a responsibility on players to do something in the offseason to prepare yourself to get ready to go,” Kupp starts his diatribe.

“I just wish that more guys showed up ready to go. I understand this in terms of the the issues between the league and the players and the product needs to be good and there’s obviously the union is always going to argue for less work. The league is going to argue for more games. There’s a middle ground here where we got to come together and figure out what’s the way we put our best product forward.”

“There is a responsibility on players to show up ready to work. That’s where I think some of this stuff could happen. Where guys in the summer take off. If you don’t want to be ready for OTAs, I’m fine with that but the guys that leave all summer, don’t do anything all summer, and then show up for training camp that summer. You get five weeks from OTAs to training camp, take your break and then get ready to work because it’s in your best interest as a player to show up ready to go. To protect yourself, protect your teammates be ready to put your best foot forward.”

“If you don’t show up to training camp ready to go, I have a hard time when guys get hurt or guys do stuff or guys aren’t ready or guys are you know getting talked to by coaches about potentially getting released it’s like I saw you were in the Caribbean for 3 weeks.”

I love my wife, I love my family and friends, I love God, I love my Country ... and, I LOVE COOPER KUPP!