Kroenke "torn" on what to do

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/24/report-kroenke-torn-on-rams-future-devaney-could-go/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -could-go/</a>

Report: Kroenke “torn” on Rams future, Devaney could go
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 24, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Steve Spagnuolo AP

The Rams are 2-12 and the expectation nationally is that coach Steve Spagnuolo will be let go at the end of the season.

Locally, there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on his future. No one seems sure what owner Stan Kroenke will do.

One scenario, according to FoxSports.com’s John Czarnecki, that Spagnuolo could keep his job while G.M. Billy Devaney might go.

Czar writes that Kroenke is “torn” about what to do. It’s possible that both the coach and Devaney could be let go, but Czar says “If only one goes, Devaney could be it.”

That decision would be fraught with issues. Spagnuolo is entering the final year of his contract. So Kroenke would need to bring him back as a lame duck coach or extend his contract.

Plus, hiring a new G.M. with a coach already in place would create a strange dynamic.

Kroenke was a minority owner in St. Louis when Devaney and Spagnuolo were hired. That also seems to make it more likely that changes will be made. Kroenke has yet to truly make his stamp on the organization since taking over last year.

:idk:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And THAT is the problem.

Kroenke: "Going forward, this is going to be a ___________ football team."

:idk?:

Smashmouth? Defensive? Offense-oriented? Physical? Fast? Pretty? Say something.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I think we all can at least expect some czar to be brought in now.

The question is who will stay or who will be let go.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
>>That decision would be fraught with issues. Spagnuolo is entering the final year of his contract. So Kroenke would need to bring him back as a lame duck coach or extend his contract.<<

OK, I can see him as a lame duck coach, that really isn't so bad....you either win or you're out....everyone would know how things stand, I just don't see the "fraught with issues" thingy, it's the NFL.

X has done a marvelous job on many posts recently illustrating the reasons for this situation via debate. While we all want change, good heavens, how could we not after the last half decade of misery?...but there's an old saying "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it".

My vote at this point is for a human sacrifice......that being the GM, and selected coaches if for no other reason than to signal that responsibility and change is coming. :what:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Overall I have been quite confident w/ Billy D's acquistions whether that be the duh duh draft, free agency, or via trade or waiver/practice squad acquisition. I enjoy watching or listening to his interviews- the guy is genuine, intelligent and from my view has done just about everything a GM can do when he arrived with the original overall state of this team and staff. :censored: (not really i just like the icon smiley).

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If Stan wants to keep the team in St Louis, then I say keep both and settle on an organizational brand that reflects the 4-pillars, as I think that that will continue to go a long way with Missouri fans.

On the other hand, if Stan wants to move to LA, then he'll need to go with an organizational brand that is more similar to the Raiders' "Just Win, Baby". So, if Stan's desire is to go in this latter direction, then he'll have to replace both Devaney and Spags.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
ramsince62 said:
>>That decision would be fraught with issues. Spagnuolo is entering the final year of his contract. So Kroenke would need to bring him back as a lame duck coach or extend his contract.<<

OK, I can see him as a lame duck coach, that really isn't so bad....you either win or you're out....everyone would know how things stand, I just don't see the "fraught with issues" thingy, it's the NFL.

X has done a marvelous job on many posts recently illustrating the reasons for this situation via debate. While we all want change, good heavens, how could we not after the last half decade of misery?...but there's an old saying "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it".

My vote at this point is for a human sacrifice......that being the GM, and selected coaches if for no other reason than to signal that responsibility and change is coming. :what:

I can only view from work and cannot reply which at my job is a good thing because I would have been fired by now because I thoroughly enjoy this site, the members, discussions, and videos/interviews and of course the humor.

X and RRF have been Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior lately going back and forth, I can't imagine how much actual time they've dedicated to it overall in just the last week. I respect both's view and opinions... it creates debate and I don't think either get out of line. I see it from both sides so I can't decide if the Hey Brother HH or UW are the WWF Summer Super Slam Champion.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
BatteringRambo said:
ramsince62 said:

I can only view from work and cannot reply which at my job is a good thing because I would have been fired by now because I thoroughly enjoy this site, the members, discussions, and videos/interviews and of course the humor.

X and RRF have been Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior lately going back and forth, I can't imagine how much actual time they've dedicated to it overall in just the last week. I respect both's view and opinions... it creates debate and I don't think either get out of line. I see it from both sides so I can't decide if the Hey Brother HH or UW are the WWF Summer Super Slam Champion.
+1

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
RRF, right now we have dismal talent bud... I know we already have trashed this season and need to recycle into 2012 but we have talent on this team and I'll support and continue to watch and stay dedicated to devoting my time to anything that is related whether articles, this site, or watching the games.

It's just that our talent has been gone from week 1 up through well it seems to have happened ever since. :cheers:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RealRamsFan said:
No way GM goes and not the coach. Spags contract gives him full control of the 53 man roster. What established GM would want to come to a team with dismal talent and nit have a self selected coach in place or have 100% say on 53 man roster?
Dismal talent? Check yourself, man.

This so-called dismal talent is mostly on IR or playing hurt right now. There's a good foundation in place.

joeybittick

Rookie
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:
No way GM goes and not the coach. Spags contract gives him full control of the 53 man roster. What established GM would want to come to a team with dismal talent and nit have a self selected coach in place or have 100% say on 53 man roster?
Dismal talent? Check yourself, man.

This so-called dismal talent is mostly on IR or playing hurt right now. There's a good foundation in place.

Not trashing the team ....but when lined up, our 53(healthy) man roster isn't as talented as the opposition. Our WR, OLB., DT, depth in Secondary, and center position is depleted.

Yes we have a great foundation (Sam, SJ39, Long, Quinn, JL, and a few more) but our depth isn't there. And if our 53 consist of 15 players who would start on most teams we need more talent.

Are we rooting for the same team?

EDIT: Sorry about that Lesson... :oops:

joeybittick

Rookie
X said:
joeybittick said:
lol. what the hell did you this time? :lol:

I went and ran my mouth again... I shake at the thought of the public mockery I must endure henceforth.

P.S. I am not sure I used henceforth correctly, but I could not think of a gayer thing to say :sly:

bluecoconuts

Legend
joeybittick said:
X said:
joeybittick said:

I went and ran my mouth again... I shake at the thought of the public mockery I must endure henceforth.

P.S. I am not sure I used henceforth correctly, but I could not think of a gayer thing to say :sly:

Could have said you're a 49ers fan... That's pretty gay.

joeybittick

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
joeybittick said:
X said:
joeybittick said:

Could have said you're a 49ers fan... That's pretty gay.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU2X81HqwCI[/youtube]