Kroenke to the final 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tagfeet

UDFA
First he was 1 of 20 bidders for the dodgers...then 1 of 10! Then 1 of 6! Now he is in the top 3!!!!! Getting very interesting!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Is this gonna have have influence on the Rams future(staying in STL or moving to LA)?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Oh, I think it might. If Stan owns both the Dodgers and Rams, and he is able to build a Superbowl-ready stadium on top of Chavez Ravine, he will be viewed as the most powerful owner in all of sports. Don't you think that might even make a guy with as much as Kroenke has drool a little?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
PowayRamFan said:
Oh, I think it might. If Stan owns both the Dodgers and Rams, and he is able to build a Superbowl-ready stadium on top of Chavez Ravine, he will be viewed as the most powerful owner in all of sports. Don't you think that might even make a guy with as much as Kroenke has drool a little?

That would be pretty incredible. His family already owns teams in the NBA and NFL, and now he has the chance to own the Dodgers. He may just find a way to buy the New Orleans Hornets eventually lol.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If I were MLB I think I'd want the Kasten/Magic Johnson group to get the Dodgers.

After the way the McCourt's have dragged the Dodgers through the mud the last few years a group with one of LA's favorite sons attached would be great PR for a team that needs it.

In regards to Kroenke, I don't totally believe that his trying acquiring the Dodgers necessarily means he wants to move the Rams back to LA.
That being said, if he doesn't get the stadium deal he wants here in Saint Louis I think that he wouldn't hesitate to relocate (to the golden state).

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
MerlinJones said:
If I were MLB I think I'd want the Kasten/Magic Johnson group to get the Dodgers.

After the way the McCourt's have dragged the Dodgers through the mud the last few years a group with one of LA's favorite sons attached would be great PR for a team that needs it.

In regards to Kroenke, I don't totally believe that his trying acquiring the Dodgers necessarily means he wants to move the Rams back to LA.
That being said, if he doesn't get the stadium deal he wants here in Saint Louis I think that he wouldn't hesitate to relocate (to the golden state).

For a little while, I was hoping Mark Cuban had a legit shot at buying them. I know he had interest in the Dodgers but I dont think Selig wants him involved with MLB and he was eliminated as one of the bidders back in January. It still would have been fascinating to see, hes definitely not your typical owner.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
JdashSTL said:
MerlinJones said:

For a little while, I was hoping Mark Cuban had a legit shot at buying them. I know he had interest in the Dodgers but I dont think Selig wants him involved with MLB and he was eliminated as one of the bidders back in January. It still would have been fascinating to see, hes definitely not your typical owner.

I think Cuban would be great for baseball. Unfortunately it seems that the powers that be at MLB have no sense of humor about themselves (or at all), so a guy like Cuban will never get to join the club no matter how much money he has.

PhxRam

I just read Magic Johnson group were awarded the Dodgers.. Dont know how true it is though

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Per ESPN, Dodgers to be sold to Magic Johnson led group for 2 billion dollars.

Magic is the man. Get ready for a slew of Magic/Dodgers feel-good stories.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only drag is the former owner makes $1 billion on the deal and retains a portion of the land rights/ownership around Dodger stadium. He ruins the Dodgers, drags their name through the mud, and still ends up a billionaire! This is truely enough to make you stop believing in that thing called the Golden Rule. How about him only having to settle with his ex-wife for less than $150,000 million? Classic! :lol: Bet she wishes she had that one back! Nice job there councelor. :boing:

The Magic - Guggenheim team are already causing a buzz. Earvin Johnson brings a winning attitude to everything he touches. This is a great day for the Dodgers.

The point about moving the Rams to LA if he had won is moot now. It's still interesting considering the NFL has a cross-ownership rule I'm sure you've all heard about. After Goodell went public yesterday and proclaimed that LA is considered a NFL market even though a team doesn't play there, ESK would have had to ask the league to either a) bend the rules, b) sell the Rams or c) move them to LA so he wasn't in violation of the cross-ownership rule. (Or he could have moved the Dodgers to Stl.. lol)
I find it odd that he would even bid on the LA Dodgers considering this. And you know he knew it.

RamsSince1969 said:
The only drag is the former owner makes $1 billion on the deal and retains a portion of the land rights/ownership around Dodger stadium. He ruins the Dodgers, drags their name through the mud, and still ends up a billionaire! This is truely enough to make you stop believing in that thing called the Golden Rule. How about him only having to settle with his ex-wife for less than $150,000 million? Classic! :lol: Bet she wishes she had that one back! Nice job there councelor. :boing:

He did end up better than expected. I heard Magic's bid was $600 million more that the Asian group and ESK was 3rd.

We will see how much he retains after all the creditors and his ex wife get their share.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
BatteringRam said:
The Magic - Guggenheim team are already causing a buzz. Earvin Johnson brings a winning attitude to everything he touches. This is a great day for the Dodgers.

The point about moving the Rams to LA if he had won is moot now. It's still interesting considering the NFL has a cross-ownership rule I'm sure you've all heard about. After Goodell went public yesterday and proclaimed that LA is considered a NFL market even though a team doesn't play there, ESK would have had to ask the league to either a) bend the rules, b) sell the Rams or c) move them to LA so he wasn't in violation of the cross-ownership rule. (Or he could have moved the Dodgers to Stl.. lol)
I find it odd that he would even bid on the LA Dodgers considering this. And you know he knew it.

Kroenke already worked out a way for his son to take control of the Nuggets when he became majority owner of the Rams. Im sure he would have found a way to make it work with an MLB team. Doesnt matter now. Its a fresh start for Dodgers fans now and im excited to just see Magic Johnson involved with MLB this way.