Kneejerk Central: Grade the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

#2 and #3 got good grades but I'd submit for different reasons.
The Bears got two studs in the first. They only made 5 picks. They got a project OT, a P and an Edge. Clearly their high grade was on the two first round picks.
The Eagles went for "need". Their secondary sucked last year, so they got 2 stud DBs. Clearly their high grade was based on those 2.
Ditto for Pittsburgh. They needed OL help and got 2 studs early, plus a good WR and a stud LB....if he can play more than a couple years.
I don't get the love for KC, other than them being 2 time defending champs.
I got my rose colored glasses stuck on my nose so I can't see anybody having a better draft than the Rams. :cool:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Rams draft grade?

iLBLv_.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm great with every pick and the compensation for Fiske. After the Senior Bowl and combine he had round 1 grade in a lot of peoples opinions. The Corum pick will pay huge dividends starting immediately, we now have 2, 1a RBs. Also love the Kinchens pick, he will give us a true centerfielder in the secondary allowing Curl and Lake to play to their strengths. We have a solid foundation to make some real noise, we were a play or 2 away from advancing in last years playoffs and we will be a much improved team this year. It just may appear I'm overly optimistic but fuck it, I am. Give Stafford a little more guaranteed money, ask him not to retire in the middle of it and go win a couple of Super Bowls. Great draft, great off-season, and just for the helluva it, fuck the FortyWhiners.
Actually, they were one missed field goal from advancing, an extra point from tying, or one bad call from winning.

Ouch, poor Raheem and the Falcones getting termed by the media.
Who is Thomas Psaier, and why the fuck did he give us the same grade as the Falcons?
There is always a biased oddball in the group

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is exactly what I've been saying. If they stood pat at 52 the talent level of the available players was dwindling fast. They would not have someone the caliber of Fiske. In fact, if they stayed at 52 they woulda been better off trading down with what woulda been available. I don't know if we'll see it in his rookie year but I'll bet we have at least a borderline pro bowl caliber DT within two years. Kobie Turner is already there.
And no stinker picks

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

See...this is what I find interesting about all these grades. I have a strong suspicion that Caleb will faileb. Where does that put their grade if so?

I realize every team is going to have failing rookies but starting at #19, for example, should affect the curve. Caleb was a consensus no brainer. So I really think that should downgrade their scores.

Oh well. Doesn't really matter until they strap on the pads on Sundays.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The players made perfect sense and the trade didn't bother me at all. Snead & McVay value perceived impact through a thorough evaluation system. Snead has especially grown since the Wagner days and evolved from the F them picks to a more balanced approach.

I applaud their evolution as a team and give that an A

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was just checking out every teams draft picks. From top to bottom, I believe the Rams had the best draft class.

There were some strong top heavy classes but if you look at the total picture there weren’t any more impressive. JMO.

I did like the Giants draft and the Buccaneers and Eagles also.

The Steelers draft is overrated. The falcons draft was bad.

dang

Legend
ÌThis was a very good draft. It added some starters and improved the existing depth in some spots. No AD’s or Kupps but some quality players

A+

From the top to the bottom, they absolutely nailed it.

The team continues to be transformed from the finesse style to the absolute physical, menacing, bullying style of play and I absolutely fucking love it.

NO LONGER will we get pushed around by the 9ers and teams like that. We do the pushing, hitting, bullying.

Also give that Kinchens and Curl will be a violent starting S duo.

also, love that Corum and Kyren can spell each other and won't have to change the offense. And Evans will be able to come in and hit HRs.

I can go on and on about how much I loved each and every bit of our picks.

still wanted DeJean tho haha!
I too wanted DeJean but the Rams needed Verse. Excellent draft all around. I would have liked JTrotter/Jaylan Ford ILB at R5.154 but I trust the Rams FO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did we “overpay” for Fiske? Maybe. But if he becomes a Pro Bowl player, nobody will care.

I’d say we got Verse at a bargain price, so it evens out.
After listening to that post-draft presser it seemed to me like the Rams had a first round grade on Fiske, due to the way they discussed not thinking it would be possible to get both of them. So if they had him graded let's say around 25, in that group, then the move up price is not quite as bad.

Still comes down to them being right of course. But when a guy works like that, there's a good chance he's going to play at this level. This whole class feels like a "if they stay healthy they'll be good" type group.