KhaDarel Hodge - Highlights / Info

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Might end up sneaking in over Mike Thomas if he isn't careful

He seems to have the prerequisite physical abilities to play the position. If he can offer something on STs, I think he has a chance to stick. He has been showing up in the games, which doesn't go unnoticed with the decision makers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't expect a guy added to the roster right before Camp to stick, but it looks like Hodge will make the practice squad. If he can develop the technical side of the game and prove his worth on special teams, he might end up on the active roster sooner than later.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd have him over Reynolds before Thomas.

I know people get excited when guys do well in the preseason, but Hodge is doing it against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He's not a better player than Reynolds at this point in time. Unfortunately, Reynolds is going to get shorted because he's injured, but McVay is a big fan of his. Here are McVay's comments on Reynolds around the start of camp:
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...f-transcript-sean-mcvay-wade-phillips-july-30
“(WR) Josh Reynolds – coming off an injury – when he got a chance to play last year, especially the New Orleans game, I thought he stepped up big. One of the things about Josh is wide catch radius, got great length. But, I think what kind of goes unnoticed is the rare body control he has for a player of that size. He’s got good, aggressive hands. He’s come back from the shoulder injury really well and Josh is another player that we’re really excited about.”

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This guy is playing hard, even if he doesnt make the team.
The rest of the leauge is watching his tape and he will get a chance .

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy is playing hard, even if he doesnt make the team.
The rest of the leauge is watching his tape and he will get a chance .

Well, there are lots of WRs who have a good game against backups. But at least he should be a practice squad player - which is over $100k, if I remember right. And with experience, may make a 53 man roster.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, there are lots of WRs who have a good game against backups. But at least he should be a practice squad player - which is over $100k, if I remember right. And with experience, may make a 53 man roster.

If he's on there for the entire season, it's just short of $130,000.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Reminds me of Nelson Spruce, in that he’s a gamer who’s easy to root for.

Michael Thomas looks the part (height weight speed),but hodge is a gamer. Haven’t seen Hodge on ST though... only way he’d make it. Yeah, I hope Hodge is a PS option for us.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Everyone has a hard on for Higbee. But damn dude is suspect to drops when its matters most. Mundt and Kreiger could be a possible replacement. These dudes catch when it does matter most.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'd have him over Reynolds before Thomas.

Insane to think Reynolds doesn’t make the team & have a future with The Rams. IMO

Mike Thomas was also suspended last season & counting.He does good in practice, but once the lights come on he is not quite the same.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Everyone has a hard on for Higbee. But damn dude is suspect to drops when its matters most. Mundt and Kreiger could be a possible replacement. These dudes catch when it does matter most.

Let’s get REAL here !! Higbee is a solid NFL player. He still has upside. Mundt showed up today & all preseason in 2017.

Gerald Everett is The Rams highest pick since Jared Goff.

I think Hemmingway is the guy who gets cut. I really have been a big fan, but lost it on Wednesday. He is no where near Higbee.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Let’s get REAL here !! Higbee is a solid NFL player. He still has upside. Mundt showed up today & all preseason in 2017.

I think Hemmingway is the guy who gets cut. I really have been a big fan, but lost it on Wednesday. He is no where near Higbee.
I never mentioned Hemmingway. And yes he isn’t as advertised and may get cut, but I feel Higbee is suspect and isn’t as advertised as well..Just skating.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I never mentioned Hemmingway. And yes he isn’t as advertised and may get cut, but I feel Higbee is suspect and isn’t as advertised as well..Just skating.

I’ll disagree for right now. Higbee has shown me a lot. He sometimes has trouble completing some passes.
Higbee’s total game is better than any TE on The Rams roster barnone!!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I’ll disagree for right now. Higbee has shown me a lot. He sometimes has trouble completing some passes.
Higbee’s total game is better than any TE on The Rams roster barnone!!
Because he gets chances....Give those other TE’s chances. Then what?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
They are getting there chance. How many reps did Higbee get today ?
He is a starter for god knows what reason...So obviously he is grandfathered in this offense, but his ball skills under pressure are suspect.

TexasRam

Legend

Agreed. The way Hemmingway went down with ease after barely being hit by a smaller guy doesn't project well at all. He lacks explosion, toughness or route running, so why is he a TE exactly.

TexasRam

Legend
I have concerns about Higbee as well, but He is second year in the system and improved a lot as a blocker last year. I would love to seek a better upgrade at some point but he will be serviceable this year especially if he can hold on to the ball more. At least he knows the system and is in the right place at the right time or blocking the right guy, that is half the battle.