Kevin Demoff Q & A with The Original Herd, Transcript

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Kevin Demoff Q & A with The Original Herd, Transcript
=======================================

by Kevin Demoff

Herd, Thanks for Having Me!

Rams Fans,

Just another quiet day at the office right? Sorry to be delayed in getting this chat started, but hopefully you are like me and have put your kids to bed and are ready to settle in for some, gasp, football talk! Let's get started.

Also, so that our fans know exactly where we stand on today's news, we are releasing the following statement tonight:

"We think that playing in London is great for the Rams and great for St. Louis. We are in talks with the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission, which is also the region's chief marketing group, about how to make the most of this opportunity. As the CVC said today, this will ‘elevate an awareness of St. Louis on the global stage.’ We look forward to having amicable and meaningful dialogue with the CVC on many issues and believe those conversations should remain between the parties."

I know our fans our apprehensive about the upcoming negotiations but I don't want them to overshadow what an exciting off-season this is with our football team. We are looking forward to working with the city through this process. Fans hate talking about the business of sports, and we get that.

Kevin

FULL TRANSCRIPT: http://www.RamsFans.com

Shaky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
=================================================================================

===================================================================

by RAM23,

Preserving Tradition.......

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule Kevin we all appreciate you spending some time here in our Cyber Pasture known as The Original HERD, we really appreciate it.

Promoting RAMS fandom, developing a quality fan based community that supports the RAMS efforts of producing a competitive product while fans deliver factual news for the HERD has always been the purpose and goal of The Original HERD, it has become our Tradition. When I developed The Original HERD fan identity all of those factors were and still are the goals of my intent.

My question or combo of questions is:
What ideas and efforts will the new owner, you and the entire RAMS organization down to the ticket takers put forth that will help to ensure and enthuse older and younger RAMS fans alike in regard to what they want which is what they've loved and supported all their lives, RAMS tradition.
Will some of those traditions once again be pursued be present and be enjoyed by RAMS fans?

Tradition at the historic level the RAMS have developed all these years and holding onto as much of it as possible shouldn't be forgotten or heaven forbid changed IMHO. Using some of that tradition as positive PR move by the RAMS to stimulate the fans surely can't be a bad marketing idea, can it?

Just for an example, the HORNS on the helmets is what attracted many young RAMS fans in the past, now what use to be bolder bigger HORNS have shrunk and changed in shape causing us to even discuss what never should have changed.
To say the least the more traditional looking HORNS on the helmets of the past is still a must for some of us old RAMS fans not to mention the blue and white unis or the eye popping SB blue and yellows unis, is there any hope or chance we could possibly see the owner realize and insist on resetting and returning to some of those great standards for fans to enjoy, they are what they were and still are, the best of traditional NFL looks?

Thanks again for your time along with your dedication to providing a winning and quality RAMS team. Oh yeah, please keep em in St.Louis.

RAM23 aka Phil

--
Kevin Demoff,

RAM23/Phil,

The tradition question is one we discuss often at Rams Park, as there is no easy solution when it comes to a team like ours. First, we are proud of our tradition dating all the way back to Cleveland, but we also want to embrace the St. Louis Rams and the tradition that started here in 1995 so we walk a fine line. As mentioned in the chat last night, we focus on alumni from both eras -- for example this year we honored Eric Dickerson at the home opener but we also had Marshall Faulk HOF day and honored players like Az Hakim.

As for the uniforms which we discussed as well, going back to the uniforms from the 60's and 70's would be a great thril for fans, but our great fans in St. Louis have never seen those uniforms so would they have an emotional connection to them or be excited to see them. Conversely, when we wear the blue and yellow throwbacks, our fans love them because they remind them of the GSOT Super Bowl year.

All sports franchises need tradition, it is what brings fans together and is the glue that links players, coaches, employees and fans. When you talk about the "Rams", there should be a spirit and history the name envokes. I also hope all of our fans, from St. Louis to LA to everywhere in between can unite in their support of the team rather than feel the need to compare eras or locations. Uniting our fan base will go a long way to restoring the tradition of the Rams. The best way to unite the fan base is to win games and provide tangible links to the past and connect them to the present.

=====================================================================

Shaky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
final question has been answered and added to the transcript.