Kevin Demoff: Fisher brings “confidence and swagger” to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-to-rams/

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 29, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT

New Rams coach Jeff Fisher is bringing 17 years of head coaching experience with him to St. Louis, but Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ executive vice president of football operations and chief operating officer, says Fisher is bringing more than that.

According to Demoff, Fisher has brought with him a sense of confidence that the Rams didn’t have before his arrival.

“One of the things that we were really looking for in the coaching search process was confidence and swagger,” Demoff said on ITD Morning After on 590 The Fan. “Someone who would come in — not arrogance, there’s a difference — but someone who would come in, knows they’re going to have success, knows that what they did will work. I think when you walk into our building now, you sense the confidence.”

Of course, confidence and swagger only get you as far as your players’ talent allows. Fortunately for the Rams, Demoff says they’re better in the talent department as well.

“Our team is, I think, far more talented than it was a year ago,” he said. “It may take some coaching for them to get there, it may take some time. . . . I think what you feel in the building is confidence — this group is pretty good, they’re going to get there sooner rather than later. We’ve got an elite quarterback in Sam Bradford, we’ve got some weapons returning that missed last year, we’ve got speed, we’ve gotten bigger, we’re going to be bigger, faster, stronger.”

If that’s true, that’s the real good news: Swagger is nice, but getting players who are bigger, faster and stronger means a lot more for making a team better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Kevin Demoff: Fisher brings “confidence and swagger” to

Thanks d00d. Here's the accompanying audio.

[rp3]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/ITD_Audio/062912-2Demoff.mp3[/rp3]

Stuff like this is written about EVERY new coaching staff. It's hilarious.
It's so silly, because there are so many factors that go into success at the NFL level.

Players claiming they've learned, "more in a month than years with the previous regime"...blah-blah-blah...
It's the NFL carousel where hope springs eternal!

The NFL is a fascinating product....and story-lines that were guaranteed(ie Philly's Dream Team)
become exorcises in back-tracking & hind-sighting!!
Then, other teams, perpetual bottom-dwellers are sitting atop their divisions or in the SB.
And it happens every year!!!

That's why I watch! ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

SunTzu.v.Camus said:
It's so silly, because there are so many factors that go into success at the NFL level.

Players claiming they've learned, "more in a month than years with the previous regime"...blah-blah-blah...

The NFL is a fascinating product....and story-lines that were guaranteed(ie Philly's Dream Team)
Then, other teams, perpetual bottom-dwellers are sitting atop their divisions or in the SB.

That's why I watch! ;)
Nu-uhh. Clearly when Malcolm Jenkins said that there was more teaching going on under Spagnuolo, he meant that he didn't receive much instruction before. That's gonna be one smart Saints defense now, eh?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

SunTzu.v.Camus said:

That's why I watch! ;)

Gotta agree that you can expect guys wanting to stay out of a new coaches dog house are going to praise them ,so putting too much stock in these sort of stories is usually done to buttress ones own preconceived opinion.
HOWEVER

swag·ger/ˈswagər/Verb: Walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way: "he swaggered along the corridor

My wife who knows precious little about football HATED Fisher for "swaggering" and I think his roster will reflect his attitude, demeanor.
I think his body language ,his animation will be infectious not just during games but in practice so ,this article satisfies my and my wifes preconceived opinion.

Just sayin'.