Just Heard Rams on Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams will be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'

By Sam Farmer

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-hbo-hard-knocks-20160323-story.html

The Los Angeles Rams are ready for their close-up.

They are this summer's "Hard Knocks" team, the centerpiece of the critically acclaimed HBO series that provides an all-access look at training camp through the legendary lens of NFL Films.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to announce the decision Wednesday at his news conference that closes the annual owners meetings.

See the most-read stories in Sports this hour>>

"It’s clear both in Southern California and nationwide there’s significant interest in the return of the Rams to Los Angeles, and it seemed like a very good year to give people a look at our franchise and our players,” said Kevin Demoff, Rams chief operating officer.

To find quarterback help in the NFL draft, Los Angeles Rams may have to be very creative
"We have one of the youngest teams, a lot of talented players -- back-to-back rookies of the year -- that we want people to start to get exposure to. What better way to do that than 'Hard Knocks'?"

The hourlong "Hard Knocks" kicks off its 11th season on Tuesday, Aug. 9 at 10 p.m. The show airs each subsequent Tuesday, culminating with the Sept. 6 finale.

The drama and characters of training camp will be a major focus of this summer’s show, as always, but so will the team’s relocation. In fact, some of that footage is already being shot.

"This was the perfect team at the perfect time," said Ken Rodgers, an NFL Films coordinating producer and also the show’s supervising producer. "It’s such a historic moment in NFL history, and one that NFL Films hasn’t really documented in the past.

"Previous teams that have moved, it wasn’t something that we had covered fully like we’re going to cover the Rams. What we try to do on the show is find a team that’s going on a mission, that’s going somewhere. Having a team that’s not only trying to get somewhere but is also physically moving just adds to the drama of training camp."

L.A. Rams plan to keep current uniforms until 2019
At Rams training camp will be a 30-person NFL Films crew that will shoot more than 1,500 hours of footage that ultimately will be pared down to five hours of programming. "Hard Knocks" has won 12 Sports Emmys.

As for whether it will be a distraction, the Rams can point to this: The last six "Hard Knocks" teams have equaled or improved their win-loss record from the previous season, and the Cincinnati Bengals (2009, 2013), the New York Jets (2010) and Houston Texans (2015) all made the playoffs in the season they were featured.

"Everybody we’ve talked to that’s gone through the process has found it to be enjoyable," Demoff said. "That’s one of the reasons we volunteered to be part of 'Hard Knocks.' We really thought this could help our franchise get off to a successful start."

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Write this season off as "transition". It's all about building hype and brand awareness for the new stadium opening.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've never watched this show.........and this won't make me LOL.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Makes sense that they volunteered... what better way to introduce your team to a new fan base. Smart.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No Brainer!!
Football back in Hollywood, how could they not have the Rams!!
Color me Psyched!!!

Ramatik

Starter
I've watched an episode now and again, but never a whole season. I'm excited. I get to see how it goes on in the locker room and behind the scenes. I love the camp reports the guys write up. That time of the year, I am starving for news. So I think this will be great.

As far as the distraction goes... if the guys get distracted by a frickin' camera... wait, another camera! Then... they weren't going to get over their 7 wins anyway. NOT being there sure hasn't helped them in the past.

Bring it on. I'm feeling the playoffs anyway.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love this. I can never get enough Ram news. I've been hoping for them to be on the show for years.

Distraction??? Paaaahhhhlease! If they can't handle this, what the hell will they do at crunch time in the last minute of a game. This ain't shit... if anything it will better prepare us for everything and provide some extra motivation for the players and coaches.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Screenshot_2016-03-23-09-05-36-1.png

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I'm a little leery but my 9 year old son is going to eat it up!

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Let the Kroenke-Snead-Fisher circus begin. IMO this is the last thing they need. I would have been okay a year after the move and the team has settled into LA. Now it's going to be yet another distraction to deal with. But I had no vote so my opinion is mute. Also wondering if this was a "behind closed doors" decision. "Volunteer" sounds more like "You're going to do this because we are approving your move to LA" to me.

Q729

Legend
Get ready for curse words every other sentence for the sake of the camera! Oh wait. That's what "really" happens.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Its kinda bitter-sweet for me because I've wanted to see them on hard knocks as you get a close up look at the team but its in LA and they will be pimping that fact everywhere... It will be the best way for me personally to see training camp though as i wont be able to see it in person.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I feel this way about it .....

oh-hell-no-quote-2.jpg

Drinking.gif

I want to ask, who's ever idea this was! ...
out of your mind.gif

stupid.gif

BUT!! I guess I'll have to watch every episode. Just because I'm a loyal Fan. And I know everyone will be talking about it. So I'll have to be informed!:thinking::confused::shocked:
DID I COVER ALL THE BASES!?!:hiding::mrburnsevil:

fearsomefour

Legend
They have some story lines.....
The players adjusting to the move....Bailey trying to come back from a horrible situation....the QBs trying get security to let them in the parking lot.....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just need to figure out a way to watch it